ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

Thank you, ArgenLant for the prompt answer!
But does sleep work on your Intel system with Revo5.1? I just happen to achieve sleep after changing GPU from 8600GT to GT520 (yeah, go figure!) and don't really want to loose it again so fast.)

Do you need any specific flags in Clover too to make it work?

I have M-Audio Revo 5.1 in El Capitan and M-Audio Revo 7.1 in Yosemite with the attached driver injected by Clover (kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.X/)

Both M-Audio Revolution works well

Thank you, ArgenLant for the prompt answer!

But does sleep work on your Intel system with Revo5.1? I just happen to achieve sleep after changing GPU from 8600GT to GT520 (yeah, go figure!) and don't really want to loose it again so fast.)

Do you need any specific flags in Clover too to make it work?

Sleep works on both 10.8.5 and 10.11.0-10.11.2 systems.

on 10.11.* I only need to turn radio off on realtek usb wi-fi adapter (driver from BearExtender_R515 package have no official full support for 10.11, but works with patched distribution and repackage)

can't remember any specific flags in Clover (maybe I needed to find correct yes/no for HaltEnabler)

• Like 1

Thanks again. One (or rather two) more questions.
Does headphone amplified out works? Do you know what windows driver work for x64 system (7, 8 or 10)?

Sleep works on both 10.8.5 and 10.11.0-10.11.2 systems.

on 10.11.* I only need to turn radio off on realtek usb wi-fi adapter (driver from BearExtender_R515 package have no official full support for 10.11, but works with patched distribution and repackage)

can't remember any specific flags in Clover (maybe I needed to find correct yes/no for HaltEnabler)

Thanks again. One (or rather two) more questions.

Does headphone amplified out works? Do you know what windows driver work for x64 system (7, 8 or 10)?

I did not tested headphone amplifier. I have art hdamp V and headphone+mic out+in on speakers

as for the win 7/8/10 drivers

1) for win7/8 64 bit and Revo 7.1 I used vista 64bit driver (Revo71_V64_5.10.00.5063v3)

2) for win7/8 64 bit and Revo 5.1 I used driver Revo51_5_10_00_5064

both drivers has NO ASIO support, but I don't use any sound tools required ASIO in Windows since I migrated to Os X

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting to share some kexts:

Credit goes to the original coder audiodriverwriter, then "fogel", "dragem" and escope.

First version is almost the same as posted here by Gringo Vermelho (there were two versions: one with 0 dB output and a second version with -10.5 dB output). The one I would share here was improved by "escope" by adding a patch to fix sleep/wake issue (KP, freeze after wake). This one has -10 dB.

For the second one, I've found a way to put back a 0 dB version with the sleep/wake fix of escope. Thanks to the infos that dragem left out in these initial posts.

Working on my Audiophile 2496 with (I think) output being "monitor mixer": the two analog outs are sending the "monitor mix" so you can record the output by choosing inputs 11 and 12 in you DAW. I think also that outputs 9 and 10 are the SPDIF outs (if someone is able to test, I can't verify). But, I don't know which ones of the inputs (3-4, 5-6. 7-8 or 9-10) are the SPDIF ins and if they are working (can't test neither). Working in Mavericks with Chameleon as bootloader. I've tested the analog ins and they work.

If you ever want to test if the SPDIF in work as it should...

Envy24PCIAudioDriver - 0 dB.kext.zip

Envy24PCIAudioDriver -10 dB.kext.zip

• Like 1