ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

• Please log in to reply
973 replies to this topic

teletoby

teletoby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hier findet ihr treiber für Envy24 Soundkarten

Meine Hoontech DSP24 C-Port funktioniert super sogar SPDIF in/out funktioniert ;)

broetchenkatze

broetchenkatze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
@audiowriter:

I own a ESI Maya 44 PCI Interface an recently switched to Mac OSX. Since your driver doesn't support the card and you somewhere mentioned that it most probably never will I wanted to know if you're interested in open-sourcing your driver, so i can hack on the maya44 support? I'm new to OSX, but i did write (simple) kernelmodules for linux and with support of the alsa source i should be able to get at least basic support.

regards,
broetchenkatze

audiodriverwriter

audiodriverwriter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

@audiowriter:

I own a ESI Maya 44 PCI Interface an recently switched to Mac OSX. Since your driver doesn't support the card and you somewhere mentioned that it most probably never will I wanted to know if you're interested in open-sourcing your driver, so i can hack on the maya44 support? I'm new to OSX, but i did write (simple) kernelmodules for linux and with support of the alsa source i should be able to get at least basic support.

I will not open source it, but if you promiss you won't release it/open source it, I can send you the code to change. I'd like to have the changes back though, although it's not required.

broetchenkatze

broetchenkatze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I will not open source it, but if you promiss you won't release it/open source it, I can send you the code to change. I'd like to have the changes back though, although it's not required.

No thanks. No offense (i'm sure you have your reasons), but I don't see the point in contributing to closed source projects. I'll sell the card and buy one that's supported by vendor drivers OOTB.

audiodriverwriter

audiodriverwriter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

No thanks. No offense (i'm sure you have your reasons), but I don't see the point in contributing to closed source projects. I'll sell the card and buy one that's supported by vendor drivers OOTB.

Your choice, fine with me.

flashempire

flashempire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have the ESI Juli@ an OSX 10.6.4,

does it works with the original driver from ESI homepage?

or do i need special drivers?

i have vlc player, does DTS work for this card, DTS = 5.1 and DTS to 2.1/2.0???

geojay

geojay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i have the ESI Juli@ an OSX 10.6.4,

does it works with the original driver from ESI homepage?

or do i need special drivers?

i have vlc player, does DTS work for this card, DTS = 5.1 and DTS to 2.1/2.0???

please read at least a page or so back, putting in that token effort will get you a long way... you'll find that audiodriverwriter has been quite proactive with updating and releasing drivers (so to answer your question, you will need his, not the original).

the website seems to be down at the moment but i've found drivers on kexts DOT com for envy24 which should work for you. i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a direct link on here but i just googled envy24 kext. the official one (by audiodriverwriter) comes up first and the one i found was down the page about three entries..

what i actually came on here for was to say thanks for the driver to audiodriverwriter! it seems to be working well on my m-audio delta 44 (you should have seen the grin on my face). am i right in assuming there is no control panel for mixing? i haven't got any audio software on here to test how necessary that'll be for a recording setup (i have only recently gotten into the OSX86 scene in the last few weeks, and only just completed OS setup to satisfaction today). for now i'm just happy i can listen to iTunes and chill out with my new OSX installation. thanks again

i wonder if Envy24control for linux can be ported to OSX? http://alsa.opensrc....p/Envy24control

thenapking

thenapking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is it possible to run two devices with Envy24? I have a pair of 1010LTs I run together on Windows to give me 16 channels. I've got one running fine (thanks audiodrivewriter!). Apologies if this has already been covered, this thread is mammoth.

geticus

geticus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Hi,
any news about M-Audio 2496 for Snow Leopard ?

Thank you for all your contributions

hibernatus

hibernatus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The 2496 driver works just fine on my 10.5.2 OSX86. Thanks for your great work.

Is it possible to change the buffer length (latency) with these drivers?
Anyone tried using Pro Tools on these drivers?

axel99092

axel99092

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computer, Sex

Is it possible to change the buffer length (latency) with these drivers?
Anyone tried using Pro Tools on these drivers?

You must change the buffer length (latency) in your DAW.
Pro Tools does not work with these drivers.

gon08

gon08

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
someone could install the audiophile 2496 in snow leopard 10.6.4? I install the envy24 drivers but I cant make it work.

Thank you

audiodriverwriter

audiodriverwriter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Some of you already received an Envy24 version with support for the digital output of the audiophile 2496, but now I've added it to the website.

Oh, and someone mentioned that the Maya1010 was also working.

Merry Christmas!

pengdongdd

pengdongdd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
http://www.audio-evo...on.com/drivers/

M-Audio AP2496 work... Envy24 snow leopard ver 0.22
Attached File  _____________2010_12_26_______02.23.02.jpg   84.4KB   84 downloads
Attached File  _____________2010_12_26_______02.23.36.jpg   34.51KB   53 downloads
Attached File  _____________2010_12_26_______02.24.15.jpg   60.48KB   56 downloads

Music Producer

Music Producer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hi Audiodriverwriter! Is it possible to add a sample rate lock? to the driver?

audiodriverwriter

audiodriverwriter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Hi Audiodriverwriter! Is it possible to add a sample rate lock? to the driver?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean using the S/PDIF in as master clock, then no, I'm having major trouble with S/PDIF in general.

seltsam23

seltsam23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi adiodriverwriter,

first big thanks for your work!

My System (Terratec TS22) freezes after wake from sleep, too.
Will there be a fix (not only the workaround posted many posts before) soon, or is there no chance to get it working?

Thank you

audiodriverwriter

audiodriverwriter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Hi adiodriverwriter,

first big thanks for your work!

My System (Terratec TS22) freezes after wake from sleep, too.
Will there be a fix (not only the workaround posted many posts before) soon, or is there no chance to get it working?

Thank you

I'd love to write a fix, but my machines don't enter the callback that should be called by the operating system when changing power states, or when it is called, it's not with the flags I expect. Perhaps someone can point me to some source code of a sound card driver for OSX where power state changes are correctly handled.

geticus

geticus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Thank you audiodriverwriter for all this job.

I have an audiophile 2496 and your driver is working well ( didn't try SPdif yet) under SL 10.6.5.
But same issue here, system freezes after wake from sleep. Too bad. How to find what you need for fix it ?

many greatings

audiodriverwriter

audiodriverwriter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Thank you audiodriverwriter for all this job.

I have an audiophile 2496 and your driver is working well ( didn't try SPdif yet) under SL 10.6.5.
But same issue here, system freezes after wake from sleep. Too bad. How to find what you need for fix it ?

many greatings

That's the big question isn't it? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy