ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

• Please log in to reply
971 replies to this topic

zuus

zuus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Curious to see if there has been any progress made on this little corner of the soundcard world - specifically the VIA Envy24HT-S (24-bit, 192 kHz; interfaces: three output I2S/AC-links, two input I2S/AC-links)? As few might know, a number of professional sound cards (as well as a couple of consumer cards) use the Envy 24 chip and I amongst others am aching to put it to good use with OSX86 and its glorious variety of musical software.

If there's been any progress or insight into a working kext, I'd love to know. ESI-Pro actually have a driver for OSX which fails to work in OSX86 of course. They have done their research as any good company and have stated their reason for not creating an OSX86 driver - being that Intel Mac's don't and never will have standard PCI slots they don't see reason to create a driver.

Keeping in mind that an OSX driver exists, it shouldn't really be all that difficult to simply modify it into x86. Then again my knowledge of programming is close to zero, so I may be wrong, but sure as heck makes me regret giving up learning programming years ago.

Anyway, if anyone has heard anything, please do respond in here :P

kada

kada

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm in the Envy boat too... M-Audio has drivers for the Revolution 7.1, but I don't know if they work under OSx86, since I've got a slightly different card. Under Linux Envy cards work perfectly though... maybe some people could port the drivers or so?

Pag232

Pag232

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
new driver released
http://www.download....m/?p=6&g=1&l=en
ver. 2.1 (universal)
Panel works and i can see esi-audio device in sound setup, but nothing works :)

any ideas?

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Nice! This driver could also work for other Envy24 cards like Maudio Audiophile 2496!

I have the same problem: The driver loads, the device is shown, midi works. Also output is shown in audio software, but I cannot hear anything. Maybe the channel numbers are swapped? There are 6 output channels. The Julia panel does not work, but maybe you do not need it.

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
The ESI1010 driver accepts the Audiophiule 2496 card.... I tried all outputs, nothing.

wxxhrt

wxxhrt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
On an Envy24PT(onboard a Shuttle SN25P mainboard), the Julia Panel works but everything is greyed out, nothing shows in system profiler under audio also nothing in audio/midi setup. Just tried the ESI1010 driver no luck ther either(PPC driver?)
Has anyone managed to get any audio out of this chipset- im not bothered about all of the ins/outs spdif etc- just want to play somemp3's :D Might it be possible to use drivers for another chipset thats similar in order to get some sounds out?

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
Hey, don't forget to remove subvendor id check, from Info.plist, is other case driver WILL NOT load correctly. Remove two lines under this:
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x17241412</string>

Have any Juli@ owner sound with this driver?

wxxhrt

wxxhrt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Right, so i did that and fixed the permissions- the julia panel still is greyyed out but esi audio device shows up in audio+midi settings, i can play with settings there but it does nothing. System Preferences -Sound shows the Esi Audio Device as having no inputs or outputs which i guess is where the problem lies

Maybe its because im using a chip built into the mainboard and not a pci card? Anyhow that might or might be useful to someone else

DaemonES

DaemonES

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
wxxhft it will not work for you, because your onboard device uses AC97 codec, and Juli@ custom DAC', ADC' from Wolfson and others.

wxxhrt

wxxhrt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Thanks for your help DaemonES im new to all of this,

taken from: http://www.via.com.t...llers/envy24pt/

For the Pro-motherboard market the VIA Envy24PT in combination with an AC '97 codec like VIA's VT1616 realizes an excellent balance of analog and digital audio connections.

So im actually after a driver for a vt1616 chipset which it turns out doesnt exist, would messing with an existing ac'97 driver work or is the driver youre writing gonna include support for this? I might just have to get a new card :huh:

bottleNeckKiller

bottleNeckKiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hope somebody can come up with a solution for my Revolution 7.1 (Envy24). So far my card had been collecting dust.

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
I really dont understand why the driver does not work. A UAD1 pci driver does work for example.

sherilyn

sherilyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
we must do something!! )))

frizbot

frizbot

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
I have a Chaintech AV-710. Incredible card, very cheap as well. This is also the VIA Envy24HT-S chipset. The least I can do is bump this thread. If anyone can get it working, I'll buy a second one to get off the USB audio that I use now with OSX86, and thank them profusely.

Funky frank

Funky frank

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
So the driver seem to work. But no audio. Can someone try input and check input meter?

The Julia mixer app does not accept the driver. Maybe this is the problem. Are there tools like Regmon and Filemon also available for osx?

sherilyn

sherilyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
i think some tools exist))) is it works on real mac ?

freethemac

freethemac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
UP UP

Tried julia too, but does not work, we really need a solution here

sherilyn

sherilyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
when comes new juli@ driver??

pixelshaders

pixelshaders

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
try juli@ driver for delta 66

need to change Ven_1412 Dev_1712 and Subsys_D6321412 to make it load, but end up panic ^_^

sherilyn

sherilyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
i think ... it's just need some time.... leopard is coming soon so i guess ESI is will realese new driver))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy