Dell Inspiron 1545 VGA

AiR FoRcE1

1 post in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 installed. I followed a tutorial from InsanelyMac which worked a treat before installing kexts for wireless, graphics, audio and a handful of other things. My screen resolution is 1366 x 768.

However I have two problems - QE/CI and VGA. Neither of these work. Firstly, QE/CI, I don't know whether you can enable this for the Intel GMA4500 chipset (mine) as Apple never used it. Secondly, VGA. If I plug in an external monitor when OSX is booted up, nothing happens. I've tried detect monitors in system preferences with no success. Next I tried restarted with the monitor plugged in. All this did was adapt my resolution to fit the monitor (1024x768 - yes I know it's a pretty bad monitor). Again Detect Monitors etc did not work.

Does anybody know of any solutions to either of my problems? Happy to dig out extra information if it is needed.

Information I know off the top of my head:

Processor - Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 2.00 GHz, 2 Logical cores

RAM - 3GB