Ati 5730 Full res With QE/CI (have problem not really good)

mojtabazarei

54 posts in this topic

Hi! I have ATI 5650 mobility, I did exactly like in tutorial x10 times. Typed UseAtiRom=Yes and WoW nothing happend! Dumped my own rom file, correctly renamed in /Extra, Chameleon r750, MacOs 10.6.7 Retail. Also Lion's kexts installed. But nothing - card not recognized, low resolution. Wtf?

Also I recorded this msg during Chameleon boot process:

ATI VGA Controller [1002:68c1] :: PCiRoot/Pci(0x2,0x0)/...
old pci command - 7
boot display - 0
dumping pci config space, 256 bytes
wrong BIOS signature: 0000
Not going to use bios image file
Found bios image
Adding binimage to card 68c1 from legacy space with size ec00
No BIOS replacement found.
Patching DMI table
Found SMBIOS System information Table 1
Customising system ID with: ....
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
Starting Darwin x86

Hi! I have ATI 5650 mobility, I did exactly like in tutorial x10 times. Typed UseAtiRom=Yes and WoW nothing happend! Dumped my own rom file, correctly renamed in /Extra, Chameleon r750, MacOs 10.6.7 Retail. Also Lion's kexts installed. But nothing - card not recognized, low resolution. Wtf?

Also I recorded this msg during Chameleon boot process:

ATI VGA Controller [1002:68c1] :: PCiRoot/Pci(0x2,0x0)/...
old pci command - 7
boot display - 0
dumping pci config space, 256 bytes
wrong BIOS signature: 0000
Not going to use bios image file
Found bios image
Adding binimage to card 68c1 from legacy space with size ec00
No BIOS replacement found.
Patching DMI table
Found SMBIOS System information Table 1
Customising system ID with: ....
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
Starting Darwin x86

Did you installed the Ati experimental Chameleon(with Kably boot file)?

Did you installed the Ati experimental Chameleon(with Kably boot file)?

Yes, I did. Also I tried to change boot file to all those I found on this forum but no changes. Sometimes it just hangs on ATI card posted, reading bios from legacy space. That's it.

I have ATI 5650m with 1GB of memory, is it can be a problem?

Hi,

Thanks for your input - it's really bee an great help and I appreciate everyone who has made a contribution to this thread.

I followed your guide for the most part - I couldn't get the EDID info from terminal, IOregistryexplorer, or from a windows machine for some reason, but in many ways that doesn't matter as all is working with QE etc, although I have a limited number of possible resolutions and mirroring seems to be stuck on when I connect a VGA. Weirdly, I am getting much better Geebench scores, around 6K, that I do with windows 7 64 bit, which are about 4.5 K.

I now have pretty much everything working. USB3, Ethernet. SD Card reader - all in full 64 bit. However the 10.6.6 upgrade killed my trackpad completely and I've tried just about everything out there in terms of Kexts. Voodtrackpad etc etc. Just wondered if you have any tips on getting this working? The keyboard is fine, and at the moment, I'm using a mouse. Booting in 32 bit mode doesn't seem to help.

The only other thing I have that's not doing so well is sleep -any suggestions on this also welcome.

Also, have you tried 10.6.7? I hear it introduces slightly better ATI support as a step towards Lion.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Followed everything and now have a near perfect 10.6.8 install on my Lenovo y560. The boot file really is key to making this work. It is the only loader I know of that properly handles the 5730 without a kernel panic.

Unfortunately the loader is older and doesn't seem to work with Lion. I have a seperate partition which is a clone of my Snow Leopard but I ran the Lion upgrade. Only way to boot into it is to use the latest Chimera/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with graphics enabler disabled. Anyone have a boot loader that has the best of both worlds?

• 3 weeks later...
2.Before reboot install Lion's ATI5000, ATISupport and ATIFramebuffer One kext is additional
are you saying the ATIRadeonX3000.kext may NOT get installed? Would it keep res change + QE/CI for the 5730 M from working?
3.Dump your Card bios
how?

would you please upload your rom file?

3 - Edit: Here is the specific boot file for our Graphic card (thanks to checcco to compile this )
you recommend this rather than the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.3 one from Kabyl?
4- this is my DisplayProductID-717
what to do with it - where do we put it?

Followed everything and now have a near perfect 10.6.8 install on my Lenovo y560. The boot file really is key to making this work. It is the only loader I know of that properly handles the 5730 without a kernel panic.
Do you use the one from MB 3.3/ Kabyl, or the boot.zip (192.32K) mojtabazarei uploaded in his entry posting (seems to be the one checcco compiled and offers here)? How did you install Chameleon?

As I promised here's the boot file.

I put Hoolock as default framebuffer and Redwood as chipset (I hope it's right)

boot.zip

How do I see which default framebuffer and chipset the 5730 in a Notebook requires (or is based on, don't know how to out it)?

are you saying the ATIRadeonX3000.kext may NOT get installed? Would it keep res change + QE/CI for the 5730 M from working?

how?

would you please upload your rom file?

you recommend this rather than the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.3 one from Kabyl?

what to do with it - where do we put it?

Do you use the one from MB 3.3/ Kabyl, or the boot.zip (192.32K) mojtabazarei uploaded in his entry posting (seems to be the one checcco compiled and offers here)? How did you install Chameleon?

How do I see which default framebuffer and chipset the 5730 in a Notebook requires (or is based on, don't know how to out it)?

The one checcco compiled!

The one checcco compiled!
thanks_speechbubble.gif! I'm at this point not sure anymore if I asked you before - would you be so kind and zip then either attach or upload your Extra folder? That would be a great help so I'd have both plists + kexts + whatever else of yours at hand :thumbsup_anim:

PS: how did you install Chameleon? With [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.something? The really totally stupid thing about B is that with newer editions old patches get replaced instead of keeping a history within MB - the worst is that there is no archive of MB ..

PS2: ah, and maybe you can provide whatever you copied into /System/Library/Displays/Overrides :P

[EDIT]: attached the 5370 M's ROM from this y560

68C0.8000.0210.vga.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have a boot loader that has the best of both worlds?
Yes, the boot-loader that was compiled on the most recent code to boot both, Snow Leo AND Lion with full res switching + QE/CI for Lenovo y560 with ATI M 5370 68c0/1002, SubSys 17aa/3927, exists - but since you refused to be helpful (apart from one minor and rather unproductive sentence), I bet you understand that I neither feel motivated to help you, bro. I mirror back to you: help yourself! No problem for you since you are obviously completely fine running SL for now, being so busy ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After too many test i have 5730 work on N61jq Ati 5730 m

1.install 10.6.6

2.Before reboot install Lion's ATI5000, ATISupport and ATIFramebuffer One kext is additional

3.Dump your Card bios & Rename the dumped bios 1002_68C0.rom and put it in your Extra folder

(Work without bios )

4.install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.3 (kabyl code added)

5. Do this for your LCD (Thanks man for the guide ) (most important )

6.Use this command in com.apple.boot.plist in Extra folder

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
		  <string>Yes</string>
	  <key>AtiConfig</key>
		  <string>Hoolock</string>
	  <key>UseAtiROM</key>
		  <string>Yes</string>

Now you have full res And QE/CI on your machine

Note:

1 - Edit: it work without card bios you can skip bios step

2 - you can test other Fb and see the result I'm testing and will post here

3 - Edit: Here is the specific boot file for our Graphic card (thanks to checcco to compile this )

Extract downloaded file to downloads in home

Run terminal and put:

sudo cp /Users/your user name /Downloads/boot /

boot.zip

4- this is my DisplayProductID-717 but i advice you to edit your own file step by step with Guide

if you have problem put your info here i will edit it

(if you have N61jq you can test this file (it's better to make your own) other must make their own

DisplayProductID_717.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT(3/14/2011):

I did this tutorial it's do same as editing (step 5) so no difference between two methods.

so not important

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

those above guide doesn't provide full performance of our card doing theses guide enable the card but fully

a guy name mucha write a full guide

my English isn't good need your help to do this two guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=249642

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252061

Hi,

I have asus n61jq and i need little help at 3th and 5th steps. i didnt find my displayvendorid and productid

• 2 weeks later...
As I promised here's the boot file.

I put Hoolock as default framebuffer and Redwood as chipset (I hope it's right)

boot.zip

HI guys, it's a lot time that I don't try to make working OS X on my asus N71jq, because the tutorial for ati hd5730 wasn't so clear so I gave up...

Now I'd like to try again...Someone can suggest me a step by step tutorial to follow to make my aticard work easily?? :):(:(

THanks so much!!!

P.S @checco what is the boot file for??

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, first thing: I compiled a new bootfile with chameleon v1633. It works like the old one. Download see attachments.

Second thing is, i don´t get QE/CI. I have the native screen resolution (Thanks to the EDID-Trick) and the card is recognized in the chameleon boot process:

Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
Framebuffer @0xC0000000  MMIO @0xD0020000	I/O Port @0x0000D000 ROM Addr @0xD0000000
ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space
(AtiConfig) Framebuffer set to: Hoolock
Nr of ports set to framebuffer's default: 3
ATI Redwood ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1024MB (Hoolock) [1002:68c0] (subsys [1043:1c22]):: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

and in the system profiler:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730:

Chipset Model:	ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
 Type:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	1024 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x68c0
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Displays:
Internal LCD Forced EDID:
 Resolution:	1366 x 768
 Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Rotation:	Supported
Display Connector:
Display Connector:

I´ve also installed these kexts ,dump my rom and i inserted the following lines in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
             <string>Yes</string>
         <key>AtiConfig</key>
             <string>Hoolock</string>
         <key>UseAtiROM</key>
             <string>Yes</string>

So, why is there no QE/CI ;) ?

i386.zip

Does no one have an idea what´s wrong?

I´ve alredy tried various Frambuffers(Eulemur,Vervet,Nomascus), and no one worked (Monitor worked perfect, native resolution with forced EDID but No QE/CI).

But, i get the promised effect with vervet (In system profiler it looks like there is another monitor attached, but i have only one attached).

Problem solved with the installation of 10.7. But thanks for the help :unsure: .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with plist editor. They're supposed to copy the entire contents to a continuation of what already exists by default, or you have to eliminate what it brings and paste the code? .. I've tried different ways and always gives me error or does nothing. Someone can explain how the plist editor? Some Spanish?

This is the code when i open plist editor in lower part:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict/>

</plist>

And this is the code i need to put in:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DisplayProductID</key>

<integer>1815</integer>

<key>DisplayProductName</key>

<string>Internal LCD Forced EDID</string>

<key>DisplayVendorID</key>

<integer>1970170734</integer>

<key>IODisplayEDID</key>

<data>

AP///////wAGEF+cAAAAAAgRAQOAIRV4CunVmVlTjigmUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB

AQEB3iGgcFCEHzAgIFYAS88QAAAYAAAADwAGECAKCgoKCgoKCgoKAAAA/gBLUzUxNQAx

NTRXUDEKAAAA/gBDb2xvciBMQ0QKCgoKAI8=

</data>

</dict>

</plist>

Thanks

If i delete all in the lower part and paste the code:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DisplayProductID</key>

<integer>1815</integer>

<key>DisplayProductName</key>

<string>Internal LCD Forced EDID</string>

<key>DisplayVendorID</key>

<integer>1970170734</integer>

<key>IODisplayEDID</key>

<data>

AP///////wAGEF+cAAAAAAgRAQOAIRV4CunVmVlTjigmUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEB

AQEB3iGgcFCEHzAgIFYAS88QAAAYAAAADwAGECAKCgoKCgoKCgoKAAAA/gBLUzUxNQAx

NTRXUDEKAAAA/gBDb2xvciBMQ0QKCgoKAI8=

</data>

</dict>

</plist>

It return:

ERROR

The outline could not be synchronized because an error occurred: Unexpected character † at line 2

I need help...

• 4 weeks later...

I have a laptop Lenovo Y560 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730M. I use a frame buffer - Orangutan. Once he ran my card correctly. The video card is properly detected as 5730, rather than as 5000. EDID for display I have not edited it is not necessary. Everything works fine (DVDPlayer,FaceTime, etc)

I have a laptop Lenovo Y560 with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730M. I use a frame buffer - Orangutan. Once he ran my card correctly. The video card is properly detected as 5730, rather than as 5000. EDID for display I have not edited it is not necessary. Everything works fine (DVDPlayer,FaceTime, etc)

Can you please explain all you do to do the graphic card works?

Sorry for my english ;)