Dual monitor output on ATI Radeon 5670

tutu101

1 post in this topic

I have installed MAC OS (10.6) retail and updated to 10.6.6. I have used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install Kabyl ATI bootloader and I am in 64-bit mode with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

My Radeon 5670 is made by Saphire (1xDVI, 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayPort). Vendor - 0x1002, Device ID 0x68D8.

I am booting just fine with the monitor connected to the DVI port. I have tried a DisplayPort->DVI adapter (made by Sapphire - active single link DVI) and it boots on that screen. The problem is while the OS seems to detect the other monitor (both displays show up in Screen perferences) nothing is output on the second monitor and my second monitor turns itself off.

The DisplayPort adapter is the active type (the new cheap one that does Single DVI link upto 1080p).

I have tried various other framebuffers with AtiConfig=Vervet, Uakari, Zonalis etc. but the end result is usually the same. Detected, but nothing output on the second monitor? When the system boots (the MAC logo) outputs both displays, but as soon as the main dashboard comes on, only 1 display is output.

I have also tried the HDMI->DVI adapater that came with the card, and both screens get output but mirrored (it only suggests 1 display is connected).

I would post in the relevant thread, but it wont allow me as I am a noob :D