[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1541 replies to this topic

blazinsmokey

blazinsmokey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

@blazinsmokey

Thanks for the files, anyhow you got a newer machine,still hackintoshing or got over it.

Yea no problem. I'm waiting on a solid deal for a SSD drive, preferably 512GB. Currently have a 256GB MX100 dedicated to Windows that I took out of my laptop. I purchased parts that are "compatible" so I will be attempting once I get the SSD. I didn't want to deal with dual booting from the same drive again. Such a pain in the ass when you want a fresh start with either OS.

The main reason I gave up on my laptop was that I didn't like the performance of OSX with that hardware. Runs Windows 8.1 fine from SSD and 8GB of ram but on OSX it was noticeably slower and I did not appreciate the "lag."

My desktop is a beast of a machine though and am looking forward to getting OSX to work on it. Asus Maximus VII Hero mobo, i7-4790k, GTX 970, 16GB of ram.

I am still in need of a laptop, really like the Dell XPS 13 but I'm waiting to see how that will pan out for building a hackintosh.

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

blazinsmokey,

good to know ,by the way i am now able to get 7,8,9,11,12,13 p states .

I had to do some editing in _PR IN DSDT ,Yours also helped , fan does not blow that much in lower states.

Hope to see with your future experience here.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy