[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1526 replies to this topic

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

found this, might be a update of what you suggest ?

http://www.insanelym...ite-1010-dppkg/

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

@Peter

ok here is the link to the last installer he made: Clover_v2k_r2928_Special Edition.pkg

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/336d8813

This was the most uptodate in the series of installers he made from dp till beta.

just renameInstall OS X Yosemite.app  to Install OS X Yosemite Beta.app  otherwise the installer wont work, and place it in applications folder. The rest is automatic Run the special pkg and choose the first option to make the installer, choose clover install options as mentioned in my posts above(1509).

Once installer finishes.mount the efi partition of the install usb and add config.plist ,dsdt , kexts needed etc and boot from it to complete install

let me know how it goes!!!

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Thanks ,i will try it later! but is config.plist something to create ? and where should the dsdt and kext go in to what folder ?

Thanks , but never haver used Clover....

//Peter

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

@Peter

make the installer fom your currently installed osx system.

Once the installer has finished the usb is ready to install yosemite.While making the installer choose the option for clover install on the usb as i had showed earlier.This will install the clover in ESP that is the efi patioin of the usb.

Now you need some modification to boot this usb on your system to install yosemite.

Download and install efi mounter 2.1,you,ll get it at usual places.Run it to mount the efi partion of your recently made usb, in that partition there would be a "clover" folder in the EFI directory with sub folders in that.

Place your patched dsdt in Clover/ACPI/Patched

Place voodoops2controller.kext from rehabman in Clover/Kext/Others or you can make a folder named 10.10 there( as the same loaction as Others) and put that in it rather than in others

Place the config.plist in .the EFI/Clover folder.   You can try the config.plist by yehia amer to get it going and then modify  it later to your system.You can do so by installing clover configurator once you reach desktop. See this post by yehia

http://www.insanelym...74#entry1975123

Make sure you have boot in uefi mode selected in bios.

Boot from the usb ,you will get at clover gui, choose the installer usb (will be like boot usb external efi ) to boot from it and complete install.At the  clover gui you can press the space bar and opt boot with kext injection to load all kexts that you have placed in kexts folder.

Install ,reboot from the usb to enter into yosemite on the hdd , complete account setting etc, reach to desktop, now install the clover to the hard drove with the same options to boot without the usb.

Config.plist in clover is roughly = orgchameleonboot.plist+ smbios.plist in chameleon bootloader

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

let me know how it goes!!!

I manage to boot a USB, but is rebooting after a wile , it might be a GPU issue?

//Peter

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

@peter

Install the latest clover 2953 on to the usb after the install usb has been made.Sometimes that helps.

try to use the default config.plist that clover generate and then at clover gui press 'O" to open options and in the config options enter

-v kext-dev-mode=1 slide=0 darkwake=10

in binaries patching select lapic fix

and try again.

Is your dsdt patched and correctly placed,what is  shown at verbose screen?

Edit :look for files in yehia's post and choose the ones that work for dv8 or corresponding  ones that have worked for you.

Look @ this thread

http://www.insanelym...dated-10162014/.

for booting once you have made the install usb or make a fresh usb install with the script given in that thread and try.

Will be out of town for a week, so no net access, hope you are able to get it going.

If all fails you can try with chameleon .

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
@macq

I'm in the middle now with installation of Yosemite :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy