Edit: Cleared out my extra questions as I solved them and came back to possibly help others.
Thank you very much @HaTTor for your input and reply.
It's working!! Some what.
I really appreciate the work people have put into these particular machines. I feel like our laptops are still good for a couple years at minimum.
For future reference and people coming after me. My specs are as listed in my sig. A couple things before I give a brief overview to share what I learned. Just because Windows 8.1 installs a EFI partition does not mean your system is using UEFI, a bit of Googling made it seem so but it is not. I also do not recommend the modded BIOS for my system, it is unstable.
- Started out with only a Win 8.1 OS on a 160GB hard drive
- I got started setting up my usb installer and clover.
- I used Amer's DSDT(EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched) and Config.plist(EFI\Clover\) for my USB.
- Kexts(EFI\Clover\kexts\10.9\) used pretty much all the ones from Amir's post http://www.insanelym...5-i3/?p=1975123
- I also mixed some kexts with JL6569's post as well here http://www.insanelym...74#entry1960785
- After finishing copying over the DSDT, config, and kexts. I used disk utility in OSX setup and partitioned the drive as 2 partitions. 1st partition for mac journaled for Mavericks install, 2nd partition MS Dos. GUID partition table. I then installed Mavericks.
Post install is where I was stuck. Root drive not found. The white background and Apple logo with no spinner, then with spinner, what was crazy is that if I kept booting from my USB install it would boot up. This is what worked for me.
After the 2 reboots from USB to finish the install and setup Mac. I installed clover on my Mac partition. I did not use Amer's DSDT, generated my own config file with Clover Configurator, did some very minor adjustments for the GUI. Only 2 kexts used were FakeSMC and RealtekRTL81xx.
My Clover install for Mavericks had only these checked in the options
- Install Clover in the ESP
- Bootloader -> Install boot0ss in MBR
- CloverEFI -> CloverEFI 64-bits SATA
- Themes -> BootCamp (honestly I can't imagine how this would effect anyone's boot up)
- Install RC scripts on target volume
- Install Clover Preference Pane
When Installing windows do not directly boot from your Windows USB installer or DVD. Get to the Clover boot screen then select the correct partition or in my case my DVD drive. Windows installer will then recognize and install as UEFI giving a true EFI setup without any hybrid boot partitions. It is truly sweet.
Edit: Having the hardest time getting sound to work. Tried extracting my DSDT but my system will not boot with it for some reason. Is there a way to get sound working without DSDT?