[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1533 replies to this topic

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

The Most important Benefit for our systems is that you will have got pure GUID Partition Table (GPT) 

So no need to hybrid GPT/MBR, which causes alot of problems for me

Other benefits http://windows.micro...ows-8/what-uefi !!!

@Yehia

Hi,

Sorry if my question was not clear.

I was asking about how you went about doing it ,like how many partitions you made,where did you install the bootloader,any specifics about the partitioning scheme,installed which os first etcetra?.

Basically how to dual boot both mac os x and win efi gpt on the same drive.

Not a general guide but your specific method?

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

@Yehia

Hi,

Sorry if my question was not clear.

I was asking about how you went about doing it ,like how many partitions you made,where did you install the bootloader,any specifics about the partitioning scheme,installed which os first etcetra?.

Basically how to dual boot both mac os x and win efi gpt on the same drive.

Not a general guide but your specific method?

First : Clover
1) install clover on your EFI partition

2) Make sure it's working good with your mac
3) leave the partition you will use for mac not partitioned 

Second: Prepear your windows USB installation 
1) you can use "rufus"

2) in the Partition scheme and target system type, Choose GPT for UEFI
    in file system, choose NTFS

3) choose the windows iso and Start the process
4) After it's done copy "efi\boot\bootx64.efi" to the root of the Bootable USB

Third: Boot From clover

1) Boot from clover EFI windows USB
(if you don't find it, use ("boot from file" which you will find in Boot Maintence Manager) and choose the "bootx64.efi" on USB root
2) when you boot windows creat Partition in the empty space and start installation

3) windows will Create 3 Partitions (EFI Partition, System Reserved Partition, windows Partition)
Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 9.25.47 AM.png   33.22KB   22 downloads

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

@Yehia

Thanks

gsly

gsly

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Thanks @Yehia Amer. I haven't had the time to redo my DV8 in pure UEFI mode yet but I started planning for it and this helps :)  The biggest problem (IMHO) is finding the tools that understand UEFI and GPT so that when (for example) you create the Windows installation USB, it boots in the correct UEFI mode (vs. MBR) but you can also do it yourself if you look at the UEFI standards and ensure that your media is FAT32 only (UEFI requirement) and GPT partitioned (no MBR for sofware to see and *assume*).  At least OSX assumes UEFI on install and you have to hack it if you really want MBR, so that's another benefit of running Clover.

Another problem is the order of installation and partitioning. Although the UEFI standard clearly supports multiple operating systems to exist and boot, the vendors have implemented their installations like the old MBR world, stomping on each other.  Did you notice that installing OSX after Windows will format/delete the FAT32 boot partition?  Make sure to backup the boot partition after each OS install is the rule here.

Now I just have to decide if I should wait for OSX 10.9 official and Windows 8.1 before I invest the time to rebuild...  I will try and record my steps when I do and post here...

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Thanks @Yehia Amer. I haven't had the time to redo my DV8 in pure UEFI mode yet but I started planning for it and this helps :)  The biggest problem (IMHO) is finding the tools that understand UEFI and GPT so that when (for example) you create the Windows installation USB, it boots in the correct UEFI mode (vs. MBR) but you can also do it yourself if you look at the UEFI standards and ensure that your media is FAT32 only (UEFI requirement) and GPT partitioned (no MBR for sofware to see and *assume*).  At least OSX assumes UEFI on install and you have to hack it if you really want MBR, so that's another benefit of running Clover.

Another problem is the order of installation and partitioning. Although the UEFI standard clearly supports multiple operating systems to exist and boot, the vendors have implemented their installations like the old MBR world, stomping on each other.  Did you notice that installing OSX after Windows will format/delete the FAT32 boot partition?  Make sure to backup the boot partition after each OS install is the rule here.

Now I just have to decide if I should wait for OSX 10.9 official and Windows 8.1 before I invest the time to rebuild...  I will try and record my steps when I do and post here...

i think we should wait till 10.9 so we can test at the same time, i still need to backup my machine

take a look at this reference for installing windows using Bootcamp (Russian)

Attached File  Boot Camp уководство по установке и настройке.pdf   293.66KB   7 downloads

Edited by yehia Amer, 13 August 2013 - 08:54 PM.

intergalatico

intergalatico

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi There,

I installed and updated my HP DV5 1190eg with the Mammoth Methode the Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

I didn't use any DSDT and the MIID was a generic one for the Dv5.

All went well, besides the fact that the touchpad didn't worked. I used a USB mouse. (I didn't try sound, firewire, VGA, DVI)

Then I installed Windows 7 and want to go back to OSx to restore the Chameleon partition. I realized that my USB Mouse didn't worked anymore and also any of my usb ports (the usb flash with my MIID didn't showed up either).

Can someone please help me?

If i have to install some kexts, how I will bring this to the OSx without a usb?

(I'm also until now not familiarized with the kexts installs)

Thanx a lot! Cheers!

tutticris

tutticris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi There,

I installed and updated my HP DV5 1190eg with the Mammoth Methode the Snow Leopard 10.6.7.

I didn't use any DSDT and the MIID was a generic one for the Dv5.

All went well, besides the fact that the touchpad didn't worked. I used a USB mouse. (I didn't try sound, firewire, VGA, DVI)

Then I installed Windows 7 and want to go back to OSx to restore the Chameleon partition. I realized that my USB Mouse didn't worked anymore and also any of my usb ports (the usb flash with my MIID didn't showed up either).

Can someone please help me?

If i have to install some kexts, how I will bring this to the OSx without a usb?

(I'm also until now not familiarized with the kexts installs)

Thanx a lot! Cheers!

try with this, it is mountain lion
http://iatkos.me/for...hp?f=77&t=23105
it runs for me with a similar dv5 (1113es)

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Mavericks is out, anyone tried it yet !!!

JL6569

JL6569

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I’m currently running Mavericks on my HP DV8t. I was using Mountain Lion 10.7.5 . Only problem i am having is that it won’t restart or shut down completely unless I press power button. I downloaded from Appstore and created a bootable usb installer. I then booted the usb with  cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes . Once  it installed i booted into Mavericks using my Chameleon boot drive used the cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes . After set up i used Lapic Kernel Patcher 0.7 and then i tried different kexts found in this forum to get most things working. I put the kexts that worked for me in the included zip.

Attached Files

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Mavericks is out, anyone tried it yet !!!

Yrs, i have. Running perfect 😀 but I trying to use clover instead of Cham. But it's a pain to boot. Anyone Else have installed clover om DV8? If so, how have you configured clover?

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Yrs, i have. Running perfect 😀 but I trying to use clover instead of Cham. But it's a pain to boot. Anyone Else have installed clover om DV8? If so, how have you configured clover?

simply use this config file
only change serial number for your mac

Good Luck

Attached File  config.plist.zip   1.72KB   36 downloads

Peter_sm

Peter_sm

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
Thanks, how about the dsdt ? I got kernel panic if I use it, maybe I need to know where It shall be located ? Do you use the dsdt ?

Good Luck

I can't see the attachment ;-)

wael

wael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I’m currently running Mavericks on my HP DV8t. I was using Mountain Lion 10.7.5 . Only problem i am having is that it won’t restart or shut down completely unless I press power button. I downloaded from Appstore and created a bootable usb installer. I then booted the usb with  cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=yes . Once  it installed i booted into Mavericks using my Chameleon boot drive used the cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes . After set up i used Lapic Kernel Patcher 0.7 and then i tried different kexts found in this forum to get most things working. I put the kexts that worked for me in the included zip.

sooo easy thanx for your information and file  it was the easy time i install mac on my hp laptop  i wonder really did apple decided to support hackintosh world :) LOL

macq

macq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Good Luck

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Hi.yehia amer

Your config has lapic fix  selected but I still need cpus=1 to boot,also even if I select lapic fix in clover option,I still have lapic kernel panic if I dont boot with cpus=1.

Does it not patch the kernel on the fly.

Could you briefly describe what things need to be put in what folder in Clover installation.

Thanks

PS : I am not using it in EFI Mmode.

n00bsss

n00bsss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Would one of you gurus please tell me how well a hackintosh build would run on this HP notebook? 

Also, links to compatiable DSDTs would be appreciated, thanks!

HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Select Edition Entertainment Notebook

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.48F.1C
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8GB
GFX: Intel® HD Graphics 3000, Radeon HD 7690M XT
Wifi: Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Hi.yehia amer

Your config has lapic fix  selected but I still need cpus=1 to boot,also even if I select lapic fix in clover option,I still have lapic kernel panic if I dont boot with cpus=1.

Does it not patch the kernel on the fly.

Could you briefly describe what things need to be put in what folder in Clover installation.

Thanks

PS : I am not using it in EFI Mmode.

I think it's clover version, just download the latest version of clover

check this : http://sourceforge.n...hread/8ccb0334/

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

This Post is To Keep All of us up to date with the latest and greatest kexts (drivers) for our HackBook

First of all I Use clover as the primary Bootloader : http://sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/

This is My Clover Config File : Attached File  Amer config.zip   1.55KB   11 downloads

updated Config File 14/3/2014: Attached File  config 14:3:2014.plist.zip   1.2KB   11 downloads

Latest Update to add Sound on-the-fly-Patching 20/4/2014: Attached File  config.plist.zip   1.95KB   30 downloads

This is My DSDTAttached File  Amer DSDT.zip   16.48KB   19 downloads

update: DSDT with working WifiAttached File  DSDT with working WIFI.aml.zip   17.02KB   1 downloads

Latest Update 20/4/2014: to Replace Sound Layout-id: Attached File  Amer DSDT.zip   16.27KB   25 downloads

------

Kexts To use :

Essential Drivers:
FakeSMC & HWSensors : Essential Kext for any mac with integrated hardware monitoring features

Graphics:
The Good News is GT 230M Kexts works out of the Box in Mavericks

Network:
Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx : Ported Linux RTL81xx driver to Mac OS X ( working Great with our machine)

Audio:
AppleHDA by Taptun : Fixed Audio Kext to our Machines (must use fixed DSDT)  - HDMI audio not working since Mavericks

AppleHDA: Attached File  Amer AppleHDAIDT.kext.zip   14.99KB   25 downloads

All Problems Related to sound are now fixed, Also Now we don't have to Replace the sound Kext in every update and we let Clover do the Patching

Now Speaker works, LineOut works, mic Works, HDMI Works, LineIn not Tested, and finally there is no sound assertion errors

Battery:
HP DVx ACPI 3.x/4.x Battery Driver (10.6/10.7) : This Kext is used to Show Battery Status correctly using (ACPI based battery manager kernel extension)

Screen backlight:
ACPI Backlight Driver : This Kext is used for laptops which backlight are controlled by ACPI Methods 

PS/2 Keyboard and synaptics TouchPad:
RehabMan updated Voodoo PS/2 Controller, improved Keyboard & Synaptics TouchPad : Kexts driver for PS/2 Keyboard and synaptics TouchPad MultiTouch Gestures

Jmicron JMB38x card readers:
Rxnix IOSDHCIBlockDevice : This is the only working 64 bit driver (Buggy but working)

Jmicron official driver : It should work but it don't !!!

Display Override:
Add the file to "/System/Library/Displays/Overrides/"
Already made for DV8
Already made for DV7 : Attached File  DisplayProductID-3651.zip   522bytes   11 downloads 

To install the Kext and generate your own Override use FixEDID

--------
For Any other kexts that i forgot to add, please share your knowledge :)

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Hey yehia Amer

do you know how to get your internal wifi card working cos i tried a lot of kext and 20th pin method on the wifi card to force it to stay on when boot up but nothing is working? Have you tried the Mammoth antenna modification? My DV6-2155 (have same spec as you laptop but it a i5) and the antenna cable is too short for me. So i could not try it. :(

yehia Amer

yehia Amer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Hey yehia Amer

do you know how to get your internal wifi card working cos i tried a lot of kext and 20th pin method on the wifi card to force it to stay on when boot up but nothing is working? Have you tried the Mammoth antenna modification? My DV6-2155 (have same spec as you laptop but it a i5) and the antenna cable is too short for me. So i could not try it. :(

I also tried a lot of methods with no success, i use Airlink usb adapter.
it is small and works well

Good Luck  :angel:

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Right now i going to try mammoth method where I'm going to use the second PCI-E Slot and a separate laptop antenna (cos my current antenna is too short) I going to buy an airport extreme wifi card from the internet and try. If it did not work then i'm going to try 20pin method on the apple wifi card and mess around with the bios version, if it come to last resort. Hope it will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy