[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

hi all i found a way to INSTAL 10.8.1 AND EVERY THING WORKED OKAY but audio i used vodoohda and it worked but when booting if the flag is not -v will not see the audio i tried to upgrade for 10.8.2 but it gives me kernel panic any one try update or we should wait for patched kernel thanx

is there any guide to patch the kernel for lapic ? i hope we can do it or try to learn it

and about batching dsdt i need some one help me patching my dsdt for my

HP DV8t-1100 CTO (VF836AAR)

cuz i am using the one from here

YOur Kext did not work for me but it may be my DSDT. Was your DSDT customized? Is your laptop the same kind as mine? If it is could you give me your DSDT?

UK version, 1080EA

it works good but i believe that is another model than mine so that my patched applehda didnt work

thanx great forum for all your help

is there any guide to patch the kernel for lapic ? i hope we can do it or try to learn it

and about batching dsdt i need some one help me patching my dsdt for my

HP DV8t-1100 CTO (VF836AAR)

cuz i am using the one from here

it works good but i believe that is another model than mine so that my patched applehda didnt work

thanx great forum for all your help

here is the guide you requested for the kernel

http://www.enigma.id.au/compile_xnu.html

Also , I posted my DSDT , it should work on yours.

• Like 1

here is the guide you requested for the kernel

http://www.enigma.id...ompile_xnu.html

Also , I posted my DSDT , it should work on yours.

thanx oskr66 for replying yeah the only dsdt worked with me is yours but i cant fix my audio with applehda first as your model like mine coud you plz tell me

what is kext in your extra folder

and what kext you install in s/l/e

if you can help me by collect them and upload them here for me i ll appreciate that

and did you try 10.8.2 i think patched kernel is complicated :)

something else i have 8 gb ram do i have to add any thing in dsdt ?

thanx oskr66 for replying yeah the only dsdt worked with me is yours but i cant fix my audio with applehda first as your model like mine coud you plz tell me

what is kext in your extra folder

and what kext you install in s/l/e

if you can help me by collect them and upload them here for me i ll appreciate that

and did you try 10.8.2 i think patched kernel is complicated :)

something else i have 8 gb ram do i have to add any thing in dsdt ?

Never update until the source is out from apple , then the kernel can be patched . try this for the sound

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• Like 1

Never update until the source is out from apple , then the kernel can be patched . try this for the sound

didnt work

what is kext u have in extra folder ?

and s/l/e ?

i removed voddahda and install the one you upload with kext utillity and repaird permision but as the pic the audio appera in about this mac but not work i dont know where is the problem ! :(

Hello! I bought an HP DV6 7014nr (details in signature). It has an Ivy Bridge i7. I've been trying to install OS X for a while now using the Mammoth Method guides, and I haven't even gotten it to boot yet.

Could someone point me in the right direction, in terms of the current guide for ML (I know it supports Ivy Bridge natively)? Should I be using the MM guides at all?

I can give more details if you need them to help me, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

So... I found a bios that gives me the advanced tab. (F.25) And I can disable APIC, but I get an error about processor initialized improperly (not a reboot). (Tried NullCPUPowerManagement to no avail). Other than disabling APIC, how can I get it to boot vanilla? You can see my post about the bios at:

http://www.bios-mods...nlocked-advaced

The problem with the bios is the whitelist is still there. I had to edit my bios to allow my atheros to be used. Anyway, 1 cpu is pretty lame. Would love to get back to the 4 hyperthreads without waiting on opensource.apple.com.

Okay, so I was able to boot off of the USB using "-v cpus=1 USBBusFix=Yes", but I can't move the mouse or use the keyboard (and yes, I am using an external USB keyboard).

I think part of my problem is that I could only boot off the USB using my one USB 2 port, the rest are USB 3. Otherwise I would get "Still waiting for root device". Is there a kext I need in the USB for USB 3 to work? I'm thinking that maybe the USB keyboard won't work because it's in a USB 3 port and I only have 1 USB 2 on my DV6.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Sure thing! I'll package up my Extra folder when I get home from work in about 6 hours (sans the SSDT info, as our processors are different). I'll also throw in the kernel I compiled myself. I do sometimes get a KP on boot, but have never gotten a KP once up.

Here is a display override file for the DV8 with the Samsung 184HT03-001 display panel. Unzip in your /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/ folder reboot and you should see the display name in System Information, About this Mac and Displays control panel. Enjoy!

DV8_DisplayOverride.zip

Any purpose for the override other than just seeing the name? Also heres my Extra folder (hdmi audio works with the right kext, included but not in extra) Hey does anybody have a working kext for the keyboard that doesn't make the tilde by the 1 a "±" and "§" Or am I missing something really basic.

However it seems i might have a problem with facetime too...

Edit: yeah it wouldn't let me log into facetime. I just rebooted into vanilla kernel then logged in and it let me. Then I rebooted and it works with my lapic kernel. Speaking of which... I forgot to attach that one. Here it is. Probably no different than the other one though.

tical2k_Extra.zip

tical2k_mach_kernel.zip

attached is my DSDT to see if it works for you , it has been patched with most fixes , use at your own risk , the only difference i see is you have 8 gigs of ram ,

here is my DSDT , just take the .zip out

Hi

I did try your DSDT but when do that I'm stock at PCI confifuration begin

???7

//Peter

Any purpose for the override other than just seeing the name? Also heres my Extra folder (hdmi audio works with the right kext, included but not in extra) Hey does anybody have a working kext for the keyboard that doesn't make the tilde by the 1 a "±" and "§" Or am I missing something really basic.

However it seems i might have a problem with facetime too...

Edit: yeah it wouldn't let me log into facetime. I just rebooted into vanilla kernel then logged in and it let me. Then I rebooted and it works with my lapic kernel. Speaking of which... I forgot to attach that one. Here it is. Probably no different than the other one though.

Hi and thanks!

Using your Extra...

Some issue I got...

having AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext in extra give me a lot of messages when booting, something about "rebuild lagacyIObattery info called"

Removed this kext I got "Still waiting for root device"

Any solution, perhaps I ned some more kext in S/L/E ??

BR

Peter

@tical2k

I went back to my EXTRA folder, and replaced my AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext with yours RealtekR1000SL.kext, now I was able to login to FaceTome and Messages ;-)

Dont know why your DSDT and oskr66 DSDT don't work on my system ??

Attached my DSDT for reference if someone can see what couse this error with "Still waiting for root device" for your both DSDT:s

DSDT.aml.zip

Good stuff. I like HWMonitor. I'm running into a problem I was wondering if anyone else has seen. A) My scotch bottle is getting low. I wish there were a AppleGoFetchScotch.kext I could load :wallbash:B) I got a 64GB SSD Expresscard 34 and plugged it in. I'm getting weird results. It works in linux and windows, but in osx (which ultimately Id want to run the os this drive) it doesn't work. lspci only reports the controller when booting with it in, but not the drive itself. When reported, it shows as:

05:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: JMicron Technology Corp. Unknown device [197b:2362] (rev 10)

Also... when booted with the device plugged in, my sound goes away. Anyone had any similar issues?

I have used Hwmonotor tfor a longer time, but no onfo about hard drives, fan , voltage, and I have asked and add info from my laptop to Kozlek, we will see if it's possibel.

Last wek I replaced my old hard drive with 2 samsung SSD, and still no info abot these in Hwmonitor

post-683117-0-13630500-1349587639_thumb.png

post-683117-0-97479700-1349587907_thumb.png

Could anyone help me with a USB problem?

I succesfully made a bootable USB with Mountain Lion on it. I found that I could only boot from the one USB 2.0 port on my DV6 (the other three are USB 3.0). The problem is that when I get to the installer, my USB mouse/keyboard doesn't work and I'm thinking maybe its because its plugged into USB 3.0. Is there a kext or something I need to get this working?

Thanks for any help! My hardware is in my signature.