[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

@Yehia

you need to replace all 4 as the dp ones are are twice the size cos they seem to be both 32 and 64 bits extensions.

And good news ,,with the dp2 kexts everything works as before ,no boot flags needed,boots in 30 secs.

But this has to be a temp fix,as the 10.8 kexts are pure 64 bits and should work as is in our systems.

Need a pro like taptun or nixin to look into the dsdt part for mount lion.

This problem is being reported by a lot of folks and even on desktop systems so hope some one fixes it soon.

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Remove the 5 NV kext and replace these with the 4 from DP2 ;-)

//Petre

i updated to ML it works good after replacing Kexts thanks to Peter :)

but it's very slow in booting, anyone face the same problem !!

i updated to ML it works good after replacing Kexts thanks to Peter :)

but it's very slow in booting, anyone face the same problem !!

Delete extension.mkext from your Extra folder and any of its backup ,

then generate a fresh .mkext using kext utility

install this chameleon--

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=111668---

Repair permissions on both Extra/E and S/L/E usig kext wizard.

Reboot

Remove any unnecessary kernel flags in org.chameleon boot.plist

I am having problems booting my install USB. I keep getting a black screen after everything loads. I replaced the Graphics kexts with the ones forrm DP2 and am using all the flags to boot. Anyone want to share how they got it to work?

use -x -f -v graphics enabler=yes usekernelcache=no , to boot, will need a usb mouse as -x wont load voodoops2controller kext.

try a couple of boots if you still fail then boot with -v alone,

you will need cpus=1 if booting with vanilla kernel or replace vanilla with the lapic fixed kernel on the usb itself to boot without cpus=1

. use dsdt,smbio.plist and org.chameleon.plist as in lion on the usb.

hope it helps

I tried to install original NV kext again, this is how it works

1: From LION install all 5 original kext from Kext Wizard

2: fix permision and rebuild

3: boot to ML it's OK good FPS about 55fps

4: reboot to ML again

5: It's STOPS!!!

with kext from DP2 my fps is about 35fps.....

What can be change between this reboots ?

I got ML installed on my laptop and I can boot using -x as my only boot flag. The problem when not booting in safemode is that the boot hangs at the grey screen. I have my mouse on the screen and can move that but the screen is stuck on the grey background. Any help?

I tried to install original NV kext again, this is how it works

1: From LION install all 5 original kext from Kext Wizard

2: fix permision and rebuild

3: boot to ML it's OK good FPS about 55fps

4: reboot to ML again

5: It's STOPS!!!

with kext from DP2 my fps is about 35fps.....

What can be change between this reboots ?

As I said before it could be a kernelcache issue,cos you were able to boot once that means graphics are ok(for me if I keep trying it does boot,all vanilla kext,but not always).

So some how the cache is lost at next boot .

is this a issue in ML

No Kernel Cache File '/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache' found

In LION I have a kernelcache

Solved: After running manually, i saw some kext thar prevent to build the kernelcache

//Peter

is this a issue in ML

No Kernel Cache File '/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache' found

In LION I have a kernelcache

Solved: After running manually, i saw some kext thar prevent to build the kernelcache

How can you tell what kexts are preventing kernel cache? And so with those kexts can you repair the original kexts and run smoothly? How do you build a kernelcache.

I got ML installed on my laptop and I can boot using -x as my only boot flag. The problem when not booting in safemode is that the boot hangs at the grey screen. I have my mouse on the screen and can move that but the screen is stuck on the grey background. Any help?

Boot with -v and give us the last few lines. It will probably be "dsmos has arrived" in any case it will help us to help you.

Hi, speaks German here someone?

my english is very bad!

I need help!

have problems with installation of mountion lion!

on my HP G72-b05EG! (i5-520m, intel hd Grafik, 4gb Ram)

Have a usb stick with ready made ​​myhack!

The installation will hang but see picture!

newhwusw.jpg

I have no dsdt!

I hope you can help me here! in the German forum I get no further!

How can you tell what kexts are preventing kernel cache? And so with those kexts can you repair the original kexts and run smoothly? How do you build a kernelcache.

sudo kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel //mach_kernel -prelinked-kernel //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache -volume-root / //System/Library/Extensions

my english is very bad!

I need help!

I have no dsdt!

@Kasi99

use graphics kext from dp2,the ones posted in post 1323 above on this page,use kext wizard to install them backing the original kexts and repair permissions and reboot.

@Peter_sm,

after generating the kextcache manually,are you able to boot properly with subsequent boots using 10.8 vanilla kexts.

Hello @macp!

I have Intel HD graphics!

and not NIVIDA!

I should take? graphics kext from dp2,the ones posted in post 1323?

Thanks for you Time!

mfg

OOps, sorry my bad,

These kexts are for nvidia cards only, dont use these.

You could either try booting with -x and see if it boots or you will have to properly patch up your dsdt for your graphics,look aroud in the forum for threads where people who have the same graphics as you and see what works for them or the dsdt fix needed for your graphics card.

Be patient it does take some time to get everything working.

Hey guys, I've been lurking around this thread for a bit, and I was wondering if I could get someone to give me a small helping hand. I've tried looking around and helping myself, but I'm having a hard time thus far.

I have a DV6, details in signature. I am currently running Mountain Lion on it. ML Boots fine, I used myHack to get it running originally, and found this thread afterwards, so while I did not use MM to install the operating system, I'm hoping you guys can still help me, since this thread centers around this series of laptops.

My main issues right now are that I have to boot with "-f cpus=1 busratio=25" I can boot without -f, but if I do USB doesn't work. Also, I have switchable graphics, currently, it's only running on my Intel HD 3000, I want it to boot and run strictly on my Graphics card.

I've tried to find a DSDT for my model, to no avail. I've tried patching my own, again, to no avail. I'm not new to this kinda hacking, but DSDT editing seems pretty involved.

Anyways, to the point, If you guys could take a look at this zip I've attached, this is my DSDT as it is currently. It's sitting in /extra/ right now and seems to boot fine, aside from my graphcis card not being injected.

As far as the cpus=1 problem, I understand that an edited kernel is needed? Is there one for mountain lion yet?

Thanks in advance for everything guys, I'm gonna hang out and try to help anyone I can myself, don't wanna be a leech after all.

my english is very bad!

I need help!

I have no dsdt!

@Kasi99

I'm sorry I only speak English, but here is some help.

Alright, the problem you're having is that your graphics card is not being enabled, this can be due to a couple of problems.

First off, boot with -s -x -f -v, this will bring you to a prompt. You will need to lookup how to move around and manipulate files in unix command line.

Once you're familiar enough with it, I suggest backing up your ktext folder to a non-system folder somewhere.

Then, grab the kext for your specific Intel HD Graphics (This might work: http://www.osx86.net...ics_latest.html)

Put that in your kext folder, now, remove all the other graphics drivers. ATI*.kext NV*.kext and maybe even a few AppleIntel*.kexts (not all of them, some of them do other stuff)

Now, boot using the flag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" if that works, congrats! if not, you'll need to restore your backup and start over until you get it.

It's a pain, but almost all error's after "DSMOS HAS ARRIVED" are due to graphics kexts

SuspectDSDT.zip

• 2 weeks later...

also what about changing our dev id in DSDT to "GT 330M" , i think this will load the new kext

thanks

What will the code be for a 330M in the DSDT?

see my DSDT in a post above if you like to update this with 330M, then I can do soem test....

Cheers

Petre