[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

You have already patched my DSDT but thank you for giving it another try for Brightness and HDMI audio :rolleyes: .

I'll upload them ASAP.

UPDATE (Posted by Ubuntu 11.04 Live CD.)

I used these commands and extracted my DSDT & SSDT:

sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml & sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/SSDT > SSDT.aml.

ACPI.tar.gz

You have already patched my DSDT but thank you for giving it another try for Brightness and HDMI audio :) .

I'll upload them ASAP.

UPDATE (Posted by Ubuntu 11.04 Live CD.)

I used these commands and extracted my DSDT & SSDT:

sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml & sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/SSDT > SSDT.aml.

Hi!!!

Try it DSDT+kexts

nic.mroc.zip

@Taptun

I installed almost everything :

(FakeSMC AppleSmartBattery: in E/E without prob, AppleHDA already patched and I am using official Realtek driver).

Now I have backlight!! biggrin.gif But HDMI still not working. But that's not a problem.

PS. The only things that didn't work were Brightness and HDMI audio. Do I need all these kexts to get only brightness?

Hi!

DSDT code for ATI cards is very big :(

Simply use the chameleon and in boot.plist GraphicsEnabler-Yes :)

You can use the short code ;)

Try it, might need something remove

@Taptun

Will try out the code. But i doubt it'll work. GE = Yes doesn't work for me. i have to define AtiConfig= framebuffer also. Something is wrong and i can't figure out what. Looking at my code, I don't even understand why my monitor is being detected as a CRT when it's a LVDS.

EDIT: Also, do you happen to know what this means when that line shows up in a kernel panic?

IOPlatformExpert.cpp

EDIT 2: Even after trying to modify your code, i realise it's too much for me. Too complicated. :P Must let myself understand more first. Therefore i shall post my DSDT here incase you want to edit it for me :P

I've attached Mald0n's and mine modded after Mald0n's. :)

dsdt.Komano.zip

dsdtmod2.zip

remove

S\L\E\AppleGraphicsControl.kext\Contents\PlugIns\ApplePolicyControl.kext

And you will be happy :(

@Taptun

Hi Taptun,

I don't have ApplePolicyControl.kext in image mounth of lion GM,just AppleMuxControl.kext.

Can you check in your image lion GM ? This kext ,i think it is add since update 10.7.2.

Kext in S/L/E:FakeSMC.kext,IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext,RealtekRTL81xx.kext,VoodooBattery.kext,VoodooPS2Controller.kext,

I want to know force to the battery for do install lion ?

My dossier extra

Extra.zip

I GOT IT!!!

Now i tell you how for the next time someone have to do like i did...

-Insert the USB hard drive and open it in your windows partition and copy on the desktop the run_me.zip file

-Start your OSX and copy the file into the OSX desktop.

-Run it, you'll get the send_me zip file

- Copy it in the root of your Cham

-Restart with Ubuntu and copy the file from the Cham folder to a USB hard drive.

Here we are you can put it anywhere.

send_me.zip

Here my send_me file with my DSDT

I wait for a solution to my case...

[i can't boot directly from my laptop :)]

Running 10-7-2 now

Facetime and ICloud are nor working, can't use my AppleID,

Any solution ?

Using latest Cham 1618

Attached is my smbios.plist

If you use chameleon wizard janek202 added a new download link to his dropbox account. According to the description, there is a version of Cham 1618 with Facetime and iCloud fixes applied.

Have not tried it yet. Just giving you a heads up....... :)

Here is a little more complete SMBios.plist..... it may or may not help :)

SMBios.plist.zip

Why not? Install the Bootloader into the OS X Partition and set it as active?

can you explain how exactly have I to do that?!

I tell you. mine is an HP Dv6 hava the cham and 10.6.7 snow leo... I tried with legacy_kernel but just once it worked I could not get into my MIID for change anything cause i could not get my USB work. Now I want try with the right DSDT for my machine from that i think i can solve all my problems isnt it? thank you very much for the help. :-)

Hello guys :D

I have HP Pavilion g6 1017tu laptop (Specs can be found here - *click me* )

I have successfully installed lion on my laptop using "Mac OS X Lion For Common PC by Niresh12495"

Everything is working perfectly except - Ethernet & Wi-fi (Bluetooth is working)

Can someone kindly give me the required kexts for these 2 ?

Cheers.

I'm using an HP Pavilion DV7-3180sg (very similiar to dv7t 3085dx etc.) and was able to install Snow Leopard (10.6.7) on mine Notebook. But i'm still not able to use:

-LAN (Realtek Driver is in /Cham/Extra/Extensions/)

---Vendor: 10ec, Device: 8168 (In the past Realtek R1000SL.kext was working on [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Installation but System Info shows me "RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller"

-Audio (If i use VoodooHDA, Speakers don't sound good and it's only max. volume, .plist Patching doesn't helps, left USB Ports don't work)

---There are two, Intel and NVidia

-Card Reader (Is there any JMicron 64 Bit kext?)

---JMicron (i haven't made any tests)

-WLAN

---"System Info" say there is an "Boradcom 43225 Chipset Wireless Lan Card" possible to get running with patched kexts?

If i update to 10.6.8 my Webcam isn't working anymore:

-Webcam

---Vendor:064e (Suyin Corporation) Device:c107

Thanks for all help!

Its Realtek PCIE (Realtek 8136) mate

I dont need wifi much, so if ethernet works, thats enough for me ^.^

Uh. Could you get the line which shows up in Windows?

Start -> Run -> devmgmt.msc -> Network adapters

I'm using an HP Pavilion DV7-3180sg (very similiar to dv7t 3085dx etc.) and was able to install Snow Leopard (10.6.7) on mine Notebook. But i'm still not able to use:

-LAN (Realtek Driver is in /Cham/Extra/Extensions/)

---Vendor: 10ec, Device: 8168 (In the past Realtek R1000SL.kext was working on [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Installation but System Info shows me "RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller"

-Audio (If i use VoodooHDA, Speakers don't sound good and it's only max. volume, .plist Patching doesn't helps, left USB Ports don't work)

---There are two, Intel and NVidia

-Card Reader (Is there any JMicron 64 Bit kext?)

---JMicron (i haven't made any tests)

-WLAN

---"System Info" say there is an "Boradcom 43225 Chipset Wireless Lan Card" possible to get running with patched kexts?

If i update to 10.6.8 my Webcam isn't working anymore:

-Webcam

---Vendor:064e (Suyin Corporation) Device:c107

Thanks for all help!

1. Not sure about your LAN Driver but googling around would find a driver, pretty sure.

2. Post your DSDT and what is the chipset for the audio driver?

3. Not sure

4. Doubt that wifi will work.

5. Not sure about your webcam, try Lion? Most of us don't have issues with webcam working natively.

is anyone else experiencing huge slow down from SL to Lion?

Nope. Do you have Graphics Acceleration?

Nope. Do you have Graphics Acceleration?

I don't quite know what you are referring to there. I have my graphics card showing up right that it is loaded but I have noticed when trying to watch youtube videos or any other videos in HD I get huge lag. At first it wasn't a problem but I am starting to edit videos and I can't with all the slowness.

Hi Komano and @Taptun

Thanks for all the help before and I thought I would give you an update.

I managed to install OS X 10.7 using Maldons method

(I actually replaced the mach kernal in the installer with taptuns 10.7 patched kernal and it worked)

I then created an extra folder and placed all the usual stuff like themes, extensions, smbios.plist and the org.chameleon.boot.plist also and the modified dsdt.dsl from taptun (thanks once again)

I am not too certain though of what to put into extension to make everything work?

right now i have

appleacpiplatform

fakesmc

genericbrightness (not really doing anything)

voodoobattery (not really doing anything shows battery at 0%)

sound doesn't work even with a patched version of applehda. i haven't tried voodoohda yet i thought i would ask before i ruin it

no sdreader

and i haven't tried hdmi yet due to wanting to get the other stuff fixed first

and wifi is a no go which i believe is due to no kexts yet for the intel 5100 agn...

Cause i used maldons method i don't have a separate cham folder.. how would i update chameleon without a installer package??

Thanks once again

Macri81

Edit- I am also running OS X 10.7.2 now thanks to the patched mach kernal from Taptun

1761144[/url]']

You're on Lion i assume?

Look at the Status bar at the top. If it's opaque, you don't have Graphics Acceleration. If it's transparent, you do.

Yes I am on lion and I can see my background through my statusbar. Faintly but I can see it

Hi Komano and @Taptun

Thanks for all the help before and I thought I would give you an update.

I managed to install OS X 10.7 using Maldons method

(I actually replaced the mach kernal in the installer with taptuns 10.7 patched kernal and it worked)

I then created an extra folder and placed all the usual stuff like themes, extensions, smbios.plist and the org.chameleon.boot.plist also and the modified dsdt.dsl from taptun (thanks once again)

I am not too certain though of what to put into extension to make everything work?

right now i have

appleacpiplatform

fakesmc

genericbrightness (not really doing anything)

voodoobattery (not really doing anything shows battery at 0%)

sound doesn't work even with a patched version of applehda. i haven't tried voodoohda yet i thought i would ask before i ruin it

no sdreader

and i haven't tried hdmi yet due to wanting to get the other stuff fixed first

and wifi is a no go which i believe is due to no kexts yet for the intel 5100 agn...

Cause i used maldons method i don't have a separate cham folder.. how would i update chameleon without a installer package??

Thanks once again

Macri81

Edit- I am also running OS X 10.7.2 now thanks to the patched mach kernal from Taptun

Kext's aren't hard to figure out. You can get Battery Percentage working with another Kext. Look into the Releases and Updates section i think. It was by gsl? Not sure, can't remember.

Updating chameleon would just be by replacing the boot file in /.

Wifi won't work unless of course Apple starts switching to Intel Wifi Cards or someone completes a driver.

@ChrispyPatt Not too sure then.