[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Hi, I have installed snow leopard 10.6.3 on my Hp dv6 i5 but it does not reed any usb driver that i plug in... any solution? can someone help me thank...

You need to patch your DSDT then place it in /Extra's folder or another solution is to get the latest Chameleon RC5 normally anything above the 1100 mark and use USBBusFix=Yes which will get your USB's working.

Here i will help you with a newer version of RC5 v1506 svn

http://www.mediafire.com/?23fnra8xht1wkgn

Have a new-to-me HP refurb DV8t-12xx with dual hard drives and i5-540M processor.

Having been down a similar path before & in preparation for installing OSX, flashed the Insyde BIOS with a no-whitelist version and popped in an Apple-branded Atheros Dual-Band AR9280 AR5BXB92. Card is recognized and works perfectly in Windows 7.

Installed Lion to second hdd using Niresh12495-Lion.iso. Pretty easy install BUT had to use cpus=1 to boot the dual-layer DVD.

Sooooo, I'm up and running in Lion with a stock/Vanilla kernel, updated to 10.7.1 without a problem.

Still have to use cpus=1 to boot AND any attempt to force boot in 64 bits also gives a kernel panic.

Some minor issues: no control of screen brightness & no (master) control of speaker volume, but these are apparently common problems and do not materially affect use.

DV8t is very usable, dual booting from the OSX hard drive via Chameleon 2 GM into either Lion or Windows 7.

Lion is actually pretty snappy (GeekBench2 of 3100), given that the processor is running crippled.

The best news is that this fairly new 32nm processor runs VERY cool compared to other similar HP laptops with older processors that I've used.

Several newbie questions for the veterans here:

1) What do you think about starting a Lion-specific DV8 / DVx thread ? Really try to research and do my own homework, but I'm having trouble sorting out the Lion bits in this now pretty-long thread. If such a thread already exists, kindly point me there.

2) Using 32 bit mode is probably not so bad, but using only one processor cripples the potential of this great machine.

Anyone else with an i5 or similar with suggestions on unlocking the second processor ? Thanks in advance for any & all help !

G :D

Have a new-to-me HP refurb DV8t-12xx with dual hard drives and i5-540M processor.

Having been down a similar path before & in preparation for installing OSX, flashed the Insyde BIOS with a no-whitelist version and popped in an Apple-branded Atheros Dual-Band AR9280 AR5BXB92. Card is recognized and works perfectly in Windows 7.

Installed Lion to second hdd using Niresh12495-Lion.iso. Pretty easy install BUT had to use cpus=1 to boot the dual-layer DVD.

Sooooo, I'm up and running in Lion with a stock/Vanilla kernel, updated to 10.7.1 without a problem.

Still have to use cpus=1 to boot AND any attempt to force boot in 64 bits also gives a kernel panic.

Some minor issues: no control of screen brightness & no (master) control of speaker volume, but these are apparently common problems and do not materially affect use.

DV8t is very usable, dual booting from the OSX hard drive via Chameleon 2 GM into either Lion or Windows 7.

Lion is actually pretty snappy (GeekBench2 of 3100), given that the processor is running crippled.

The best news is that this fairly new 32nm processor runs VERY cool compared to other similar HP laptops with older processors that I've used.

Several newbie questions for the veterans here:

1) What do you think about starting a Lion-specific DV8 / DVx thread ? Really try to research and do my own homework, but I'm having trouble sorting out the Lion bits in this now pretty-long thread. If such a thread already exists, kindly point me there.

2) Using 32 bit mode is probably not so bad, but using only one processor cripples the potential of this great machine.

Anyone else with an i5 or similar with suggestions on unlocking the second processor ? Thanks in advance for any & all help !

G ;)

Download yourself Taptuns 10.7.1 kernel which is patched for the lapic kernel panic or download chameleon source and patch it yourself.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1722006

Search google > projectosx hp lapic kernel panic and you'll find the fix for it.

Also no need to start a new thread for Dv8's makes no diff as most DvX's are all pretty similar starting from dv6,7,8's.

atlee

You need to patch your DSDT then place it in /Extra's folder or another solution is to get the latest Chameleon RC5 normally anything above the 1100 mark and use USBBusFix=Yes which will get your USB's working.

Here i will help you with a newer version of RC5 v1506 svn

http://www.mediafire.com/?23fnra8xht1wkgn

I'm sorry if i sound like a noob but I'm kind of xD

Can you explain how to do exactly?

You mean: download Chameleon RC5 and boot from it and then boot the osx with USBBusFix=Yes or ''yes''... I didn't understand the 1100 mark part and well you know but i can get there... just go easy with me please :D:wacko:

How about a new thread for HP Envy 15? haha.

Atlee, do you know anything about IDT Audio patching or where to find information about it?

Yes i do know about binpatching for IDT, it's all over the forums plus projectosx if you look far enough, Follow the end pages here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...=465&st=160

get yourself Hex Fiend or use BBC9's script if he has updated it. quite easy to patch, it's more the pathmaps, verbs etc which take more time to achieve.

Do a codec dump in linux, even use voodoohda to do an audio dump but voodoohda in my opinion sucks balls and is definitely not even close to being a good driver. total {censored} voodoohda i say...stick to AppleHDA, binpatch it, figure out the pathmaps etc then you'll be good to go. DSDT to pump through a certain audio id example which has been used in the past by HDAEnabler's ID 12. In windows 7 goto start menu, click run then type regedit then search for "PinConfigOverrideVerbs" copy the data and use it for a base of constructing your correct codec verbs to be used within AppleHDA.kext...under plugins using 10.6.8 kext and below or xml files anything newer then that. String called ConfigData > an example

01871C40 01871D70 01871E21 01871F01 01A71C30 01A71D01 01A71E13 01A71F90 01971C10 01971D31 01971E81 01971F01 01571C50 01571D41 01571E01 01571F01 01F71C20 01F71DE1 01F71EC5 01F71F01 01E71C60 01E71DE1 01E71E45 01E71F01 01471CF0 01471D00 01471E00 01471F40 01671CF0 01671D00 01671E00 01671F40 01771CF0 01771D00 01771E00 01771F40 01B71CF0 01B71D00 01B71E00 01B71F40 01C71CF0 01C71D00 01C71E00 01C71F40 01D71CF0 01D71D00 01D71E00 01D71F40

I prob confused you with all my words above is it is jumbled, but do quite a bit of reading of the forums even if it isn't IDT related but ALC888,888b,889,889a it is still the same process.

Thankyou verymuch! :)

Will checked those out, Shouldn't be too hard. I fixed VoodooHDA before the last time.

Time for me to muck around with AppleHDA.

EDIT: Look like the guide i did for myself last time will come in use. here

EDIT 2: I have a question though, Can i use the 10.7.1 AppleHDA as a base?

Download yourself Taptuns 10.7.1 kernel which is patched for the lapic kernel panic or download chameleon source and patch it yourself.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1722006

Search google > projectosx hp lapic kernel panic and you'll find the fix for it.

Also no need to start a new thread for Dv8's makes no diff as most DvX's are all pretty similar starting from dv6,7,8's.

atlee

Thanks !

1) I was asking about a separate thread for Lion issues on HP DVx, not a separate thread for DV8s. This thread mixes Snow Leopard & Lion and is getting long.

2) The Taptun 10.7.1 kernel got me up-and-running on both cores. I did have to delete the VoodooHDA kext too avoid kernel panics.

In GeekBench 2.2.0 I get 5690 (64 bit) and 5084 (32 bit)....at least gets me into this decade of OSX performance.

3) I still get a kernel panic if I try to force booting into 64 bit mode. As long as I can run 64 bit apps, not sure that is a big deal.

Thanks again !!!

G :angel:

Thankyou verymuch! :)

Will checked those out, Shouldn't be too hard. I fixed VoodooHDA before the last time.

Time for me to muck around with AppleHDA.

EDIT: Look like the guide i did for myself last time will come in use. here

EDIT 2: I have a question though, Can i use the 10.7.1 AppleHDA as a base?

easier to patch 10.6.8 AppleHDA.kext as it uses older way. 10.7,10.7.1 use new way.

Example old way was to binpatch AppleHDA binary then edit 2x kexts within Plugins folder.

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext contains your codecid and verbs.

AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kexts contains layout and pathmaps which controls how many outputs/inputs and how OSX will redirect the input/outputs example NODE > MIXER > OUTPUT.

codecgraph and graphviz will help you a lot in terms of information and a image constructed from the dumps.

the newer way is patch binary, then under Resources it has layout.xml and platforms.xml which replace the old AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kexts editing method.

Normal I delete all layouts.xml's except one and keep platforms.xml, edit them so they match your hardware, pump dsdt audio id and keep editing layouts and platforms till Utilities>Console comes up with no insertion errors.

I only have a graphical image from graphviz for IDT92HD81B1X.

atlee... anything for me?

I note that you are Aussi... from where about? I was there for 9 month 2 years ago... loved it! and now i have the australia tatooed on my body :)

I'm Australia yes grew up in Sydney South suburbs, i'm still living in New South Wales but just outside few hours from Sydney country based.

I note that you are Aussi... from where about? I was there for 9 month 2 years ago... loved it! and now i have the australia tatooed on my body :D

I'm australian and sydney born however i'm living about 2 hours from sydney country based at the moment. Download the Chameleon RC5 1506 svn I compressed and uploaded for you.

You might need to also download yourself PlistEditPro so it's easier for you to follow and edit my next instructions.

Open PlistEditPro, Create new doc. File > New (Copy below and paste inside your new doc.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v cpus=1 busratio=12</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Save file as org.chameleon.Boot.plist and place inside root directory of harddrive.

Example my drive is called "lion" so /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Inside your Extra folder create a folder called Extensions

Copy NullCPUPowerManagement.kext + FakeSMC.kext

Get yourself Kext Utitlity, Drag Extensions folder to the Kext Utility app, enter admin pass and it will create /Extra/Extensions.mkext.

Reboot and it should boot your system perfectly.

If you patch the kernel with the cpu lapic fix then you can change your org.chameleon.Boot.plist to the below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Uakari</string>
<key>CSTUsingSystemIO</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableC2State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableC3State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableC4State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>Extra/mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
</dict>
</plist>

You can change the AtiConfig value to your graphic cards Framebuffer.

You can change arch value to match a 64bit system using X86_64

If you boot using Taptun's patched kernel then make sure you delete NullCPUPowermanagement.kext and drag the Extensions folder to Kext Utility app to rebuild Extensions.mkext again.

Thoroughly read this huge thread as it contains help for network, sound, touchpad, brightness and other related issues to these DvX series of laptops.

i have to get back to studying, I will be building a new system in 2-3 months probably will be a Gigabyte board using Core i7 2600k and Nvidia GTX 570 due to compatibility reasons and less issues.

I find Gigabyte to be the easiest to configure and patch DSDT, Core i7's are native and Nvidia cards have better support then ATI mostly.

anyways study time :P

Can't seem to get AppleHDA working at all. I am definitely binary patching it correctly and everything else is correct but i keep getting these errors in Console.

Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!result" failed in AppleHDAPath at line 568 goto handler
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!path->initPathFromXML ( path_aArrayOfNodeIdDictionaries, functionGroup )" failed in AppleHDAPathSet at line 77 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!pathSet->initPathSetFromXML ( pathSet_aArrayOfPathArrays, fHDAFunctionGroup )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 1105 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != buildPathSets ( pathGroupArray )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 327 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1999 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NTFS driver 3.8 [Flags: R/W].
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 204 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 861 goto Exit

@Taptun

I wonder if you can make an AppleHDA for

IDT 92HD75B2X5.

I believe the DSDT Should be

Device (HDEF)
		   {
			   Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			   {
				   Store (Package (0x14)
					   {
						   "codec-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x08, 0x76, 0x1D, 0x11
						   }, 

"built-in", 
						   Buffer (One)
						   {
							   0x00
						   }, 

"subsystem-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x3E, 0x36, 0x00, 0x00
						   }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x3C, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
						   }, 

"layout-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x4C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
						   }, 

"model", 
						   Buffer (0x0F)
						   {
							   "ITD 92HD75B2X5"
						   }, 

"AAPL,slot-name", 
						   Buffer (0x06)
						   {
							   "PCI-0"
						   }, 

"device_type", 
						   Buffer (0x06)
						   {
							   "Sound"
						   }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						   Buffer (Zero) {},
						   "hda-gfx",
						   Buffer (0x0A)
						   {
							   "onboard-1"
						   }
					   }, Local0)
				   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				   Return (Local0)
			   }

After putting that in the DSDT, i have downloaded your AppleHDA and Binary patched to replace the value 03, 76, 1D, 11 with 08, 76, 1D, 11 right?

Then that value in Decimal is 287143432 (0x111d7608) and i have to replace that in Codec ID in layout7603 for the first one and the codec id and pathmap id at the bottom to be 268610049 (0x1002aa01).

After that, go to Platforms.xml and replace the PathMapID at the bottom with 268610049 (0x1002aa01).

Next is PlugIns -> AppleHDAHardwareConfig.kext -> Info.plist

Replace the HDAConfigDefault number 17 Codec ID with 287143432. I should have patched everything right?

Codec Verbs, Reports and etc attached.

Audio.zip

Can't seem to get AppleHDA working at all. I am definitely binary patching it correctly and everything else is correct but i keep getting these errors in Console.

Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!result" failed in AppleHDAPath at line 568 goto handler
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!path->initPathFromXML ( path_aArrayOfNodeIdDictionaries, functionGroup )" failed in AppleHDAPathSet at line 77 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!pathSet->initPathSetFromXML ( pathSet_aArrayOfPathArrays, fHDAFunctionGroup )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 1105 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != buildPathSets ( pathGroupArray )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 327 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1999 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NTFS driver 3.8 [Flags: R/W].
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 204 goto Exit
Sep 16 15:57:18 Zanes-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 861 goto Exit

@Taptun

I wonder if you can make an AppleHDA for

IDT 92HD75B2X5.

I believe the DSDT Should be

Device (HDEF)
		   {
			   Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			   {
				   Store (Package (0x14)
					   {
						   "codec-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x08, 0x76, 0x1D, 0x11
						   }, 

"built-in", 
						   Buffer (One)
						   {
							   0x00
						   }, 

"subsystem-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x3E, 0x36, 0x00, 0x00
						   }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x3C, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
						   }, 

"layout-id", 
						   Buffer (0x04)
						   {
							   0x4C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
						   }, 

"model", 
						   Buffer (0x0F)
						   {
							   "ITD 92HD75B2X5"
						   }, 

"AAPL,slot-name", 
						   Buffer (0x06)
						   {
							   "PCI-0"
						   }, 

"device_type", 
						   Buffer (0x06)
						   {
							   "Sound"
						   }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						   Buffer (Zero) {},
						   "hda-gfx",
						   Buffer (0x0A)
						   {
							   "onboard-1"
						   }
					   }, Local0)
				   Return (Local0)
			   }

After putting that in the DSDT, i have to download your AppleHDA and Binary patch to replace the value 03, 76, 1D, 11 with 08, 76, 1D, 11 right?

Then that value in Decimal is 287143432 (0x111d7608) and i have to replace that in Codec ID in layout7603 for the first one and the codec id and pathmap id at the bottom to be 268610049 (0x1002aa01).

After that, go to Platforms.xml and replace the PathMapID at the bottom with 268610049 (0x1002aa01).

Next is PlugIns -> AppleHDAHardwareConfig.kext -> Info.plist

Replace the HDAConfigDefault number 17 Codec ID with 287143432. I should have patched everything right?

Codec Verbs, Reports and etc attached.

Audio.zip

DSDT can be as easy as the below:

{
				Store (Package (0x08)
				{
				 "built-in",
						Buffer (One) {
					0x00
				 },					 
				 "layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						},				  
						"PinConfigurations", 
				 Buffer (One)
				 {
					0x00						
				 }					 

}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

So above 0x0C is ID 12 in decimal.

Look at BCC9's script (Part of it anyway)

[code

#AD1984

$codec_to_patch="\x84\x19\xd4\x11";

#AD1984-1

$range_comparison="\x83\x19\xd4\x11";

#IDT 0x111D7676

$target_codec="\x75\x76\x1d\x11";

[/code]

So for you.

Replace 83, 19, D4, 11

With 08, 76, 1D, 11

Codec ID is 287143432

Audio ID will be 12

10.6.8 kext does not use layouts.xml or pathmaps.xml

Binpatch > AppleHDA.kext > Contents > MacOS > AppleHDA

Modifiy > AppleHDA.kext >Plugins > AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext & AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext > Contents > Info.plist

IOKitPersonalities > HDA Hardware Config Resource > HDAConfigDefault > 0 (Delete all except 0)

CodecID = your ID

ConfigData = Codec Verbs which have been converted properly

FuncGroup = 1

LayoutID = 12 as per DSDT patch

AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext > Contents > Info.plist

IOKitPersonalities > HDA Platform Resource > Layouts & Pathmaps

Layouts = delete all except 1

Pathmaps = delete all except 1

Pathmaps have to follow your codec dump info.

Layouts also have to follow to a certain degree.

10.7 and 10.7.1 and further more 10.7.2+ use layouts.xml and pathmaps.xml

that's about all i can help you with. Do a lot more studying!

I note that you are Aussi... from where about? I was there for 9 month 2 years ago... loved it! and now i have the australia tatooed on my body :(

look above in Komano's previous posts, I have your answers :)

Thanks atlee.

I will try that out again. I believe you meant 10.6.7? Isn't the 10.6.8 kext already using platforms.xml and layout12.xml?

EDIT:

Look at BCC9's script (Part of it anyway)

[code

#AD1984

$codec_to_patch="\x84\x19\xd4\x11";

#AD1984-1

$range_comparison="\x83\x19\xd4\x11";

#IDT 0x111D7676

$target_codec="\x75\x76\x1d\x11";

[/code]

So for you.

Replace 83, 19, D4, 11

With 08, 76, 1D, 11

I think youu meant replace 75 76 1D 11 with 08 76 1D 11? If i replace 83 19 D4 11, doesn't the script look for occurrences to 08 76 1D 11 to replace with 75 76 1D 11?

Thanks atlee.

I will try that out again. I believe you meant 10.6.7? Isn't the 10.6.8 kext already using platforms.xml and layout12.xml?

EDIT:

I think youu meant replace 75 76 1D 11 with 08 76 1D 11? If i replace 83 19 D4 11, doesn't the script look for occurrences to 08 76 1D 11 to replace with 75 76 1D 11?

Sorry replace 75 76 1D 11 with 08 76 1D 11.

If you ask BCC9 for permission i'm sure he won't mind letting you edit his script so it looks for old id and patch with your id, so runs automatically, it will do all binary patching for you :P

First of all thanks you Mammoth for that guide and to all those who participated. You do a GREAT JOB!

I've got new hp machine dv7t-6100. Sys info is below in my signature. I did everything step by step, but I got problems during the booting from osx retail 10.6.7.

Please, somebody if you have share with me DSDT for dv7t-6100 series. In booting it counting processors then fails at "..P-States.. ..restart to fix problem..." then reboots automatically. It happens so fast thats why I cant take a picture. May be it because I am installing MIIF without dsdt, other MIFF for dv-8 and dv-6 made the same error. Can you please advice me what to do.

Thank you all very much!

Sorry replace 75 76 1D 11 with 08 76 1D 11.

If you ask BCC9 for permission i'm sure he won't mind letting you edit his script so it looks for old id and patch with your id, so runs automatically, it will do all binary patching for you :)

Atlee, would you be so kind to share your _DSM method of your HDEF device in your DSDT and your AppleHDA.kext. We have the same codec (92HD81B1X5) but i just can't figure out the pathmap and layout. Thanks!

Atlee, would you be so kind to share your _DSM method of your HDEF device in your DSDT and your AppleHDA.kext. We have the same codec (92HD81B1X5) but i just can't figure out the pathmap and layout. Thanks!

It's the same.

{

Store (Package (0x08)

{

"built-in",

Buffer (One) {

0x00

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)

Return (Local0)

}

}

In this case Layout ID = 12 and the default PathMap ID would be = 9.

@Atlee

I still cannot get AppleHDA to work and im sure i did it correctly.

It's the same.

{

Store (Package (0x08)

{

"built-in",

Buffer (One) {

0x00

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)

Return (Local0)

}

}

In this case Layout ID = 12 and the default PathMap ID would be = 9.

@Atlee

I still cannot get AppleHDA to work and im sure i did it correctly.

What version of AppleHDA.kext are you using to patch (10.6.2, 10.6.8, 10.7.1, ...)? I've tried all of them, but the result is the same:

In System Profiler, i see that the sound card is detected. It shows 3 connections:

-Headphone (1/8-inch jack)

-External microphone / iPhone headset (1/8-inch Jack)

-Interlan microphone (Internal ATAPI)

But none of them work (also.. i'm missing internal speaker in the connection list).

When i remove the "codec-id" part from the DSDT it doesn't show any connections.

So far i've tried 10.6.7 and 10.7.1.

10.6.7 still uses the old method and 10.7.1 uses the new method.

I've differentiated them on the projectosx thread.

I've done everything correctly but i get assertions errors for everything and none of my speakers or microphones work. VoodooHDA does work though and when i key in my information there, there is no issue at all. So i'm beginning to wonder if it's OS X itself and not us that is doing the patching. Until someone figures out, i think we will never know.

So far i've tried 10.6.7 and 10.7.1.

10.6.7 still uses the old method and 10.7.1 uses the new method.

I've differentiated them on the projectosx thread.

I've done everything correctly but i get assertions errors for everything and none of my speakers or microphones work. VoodooHDA does work though and when i key in my information there, there is no issue at all. So i'm beginning to wonder if it's OS X itself and not us that is doing the patching. Until someone figures out, i think we will never know.

I'm in exactly the same situation: I'm getting assertion errors during boot and when using VoodooHDA, it works (although the latest, 0.2.7.3 doesn't). But i really don't like VoodooHDA.

What does it say when you go to system information, do you see any connections, or does it just say 'Audio ID: 12'?

I think the problem is that we're bin-patching incorrectly.

Could you post a link to the projectosx thread?

I'm in exactly the same situation: I'm getting assertion errors during boot and when using VoodooHDA, it works (although the latest, 0.2.7.3 doesn't). But i really don't like VoodooHDA.

What does it say when you go to system information, do you see any connections, or does it just say 'Audio ID: 12'?

Even though most use a DSDT that injects ID of 12, when patch most people keep ID 12, Path map 9 because they were the old numbered scruture of editing and it became slip streaming method of doing things that way.

Codec dump from a linux distro, turn that linux dump and convert it using codecgraph then from codecgraph to graphviz then you'll have a graphical image of node paths, mixers, input/outputs then you can construct your own pathmaps.

Example DUMP non decimal

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdx585xibqw3dfl

Example DUMP converted to decimal values

http://www.mediafire.com/?0lab0dd80bydy1i

Example DUMP non decimal converted to an SVG image format

http://www.mediafire.com/?j0snf4r1x2n7cjr

Example DUMP decimal converted to an SVG image format

http://www.mediafire.com/?j18yoxgvcotwylb

Now you just happily muck around with nodes,mixers,audio input/outputs till Utilities>Console reports minimal errors and your inputs/outputs show both under your System Info and System Prefs.

Also I did not say this is as easy as you think, it takes quite a lot of time to create something that works.

Long process I should say.

This tutorial is where you should BEGIN!

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

Have fun!

Nope, I'm definitely bin patching correctly. If i was bin patching wrongly, i would get Codec not found. So that isn't the issue. I don't get ANY connections at all. I've tried multiple times with the nodes. I edited them multiple times and i still get no connections at all. When i go to system information when i'm using VoodooHDA i only get Audio ID:12 but i'm not too sure about the Codec ID thing i didn't really pay attention. Something is different on our laptops i guess. I'm not sure if its anything to do with bios but i highly doubt.

Oh and these are all the threads that i found that have sort of useful information that can be used as references.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250849&st=875#entry1749016

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t140941-700.html

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253469

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250849&st=700

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-623626-1-1.html

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-869832-1-1.html

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149128

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22162&start=20

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t132495-50.html

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t133460.html

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132495&st=60

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-349924-1-1.html

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=171183

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t180954-3500.html

@atlee

I never mentioned it would be easy peasy. But i know i'm doing it correctly and if aximusnl also does it and he gets it working, maybe he can share. But the old guides and the newer AppleHDA we have to work with has subsequently change the format so it's not the same as it used to be. There also isn't an explanation of how you know which place to put the Node ID's. So until then, maybe i'm actually doing it wrongly.

• Like 1