[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

thanks for the reply but i just proved more version of mac hack and they don't started :

ideneb arrived after the installation on the grey screen whit the logo apple ,after appears the pixel whit a grey screen but it don't start

iarkos s3 v2 arrived on the gey screen whit the logo apple after installation

iaktos v7 stop after installation on the grey screen whit logo

leopard hazard 10.6.2 client server arrived on the gey screen whit the logo apple after installation , start the music of presentation but don't start

hazard 10.6.1 10.6.2 don't start , the installation don't go

only jas 10.5.8 + upgrade leopard 10.5.1 go currectly but whitout any kext ( not work audio , video, etc.. :) )

i don't know what do ... someone knows the right configuration

do not know more than 'do I have tried everything ...

if you want to place the different configurations

:):(

Where you able to fix your problem at all? I believe I am having the same problem with my OS X install. It just seems to hang on startup with no errors, never going to the GUI.

no solution found, i'm waiting for help from mammoth or atlee

no solution found, i'm waiting for help from mammoth or atlee

did you try removing ati kexts? follow my previous instructions? go download nawcom modcd, see if you can boot to desktop using that, if you can then it's either chameolon or kexts.

nawcom modcd, boot using your busratio, the cd will blacklist all ati kexts. this should boot.

Hello Mammoth!!

yesterday i had the time to try your suggestion. I used your MIIF DV8 with your DSDT.aml and on a second try I used your MIIF DV8 with my DV6 clean DSDT.aml. But unfortunately that doesn't work. I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

I recorded also a video from that, but i think it looks like the first one I make...

I summarize the code from the screen to the information that are important i think...what do you think?

[some other code]
hfs_swap_BTNode: invalid forward link (0xFFFFFFFF >= 0x00000000)
hfs: node=323 fileID=4 volume=Mac OS X Retail DVD device=/dev/disk1s2
[some other code]
com.apple.launchpad 1 com.apple.launchpad 1 System: Stray process at shutdown: PID 122 PPID 1 PGID 61 fsck_hfs
com.apple.launchpad 1 com.apple.launchpad 1 System: Stray process at shutdown: PID 110 PPID 1 PGID 61 fsck_hfs
com.apple.launchpad 1 com.apple.launchpad 1 System: Stray process at shutdown: PID 117 PPID 1 PGID 61 fsck_hfs
com.apple.launchpad 1 com.apple.launchpad 1 System: Sending SIGTERM to PID 122 and continuing...
com.apple.launchpad 1 com.apple.launchpad 1 System: Sending SIGTERM to PID 110 and continuing...
com.apple.launchpad 1 com.apple.launchpad 1 System: Sending SIGTERM to PID 117 and continuing...
syncing disks... Killing all processes
continuing...
done
CPU halted

To View all the code, here is the video:

I get now answer till the Apr 8, anyone who could help me?? It would be so great...!!! :)

Hi,

is it possible to have/create a patched applehda without any additional legacy kext for both hdmi and internal IDT codec? In this way we may avoid LegacyHDA.kext ...

May anyone explain me hos it can be done in detail? I found a tutorial to create legacyhda (incomplete tho) but not for patching everything inside the applehda.kext only without any other additional kext.

Thanks!

Mal

Startup using -s flag.

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATIFramebuffer.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX3000.kext

reboot

Startup using GraphicsEnabler=No flag.

If this gets you to desktop then the Chamelon does not have your card id and it is trying to load ATI kexts. Have you tryed using Lion DP2 kexts? Then booting with Kabyl's RC5 branch and using the flag ATIConfig=RadeonFramebuffer.

Or even MBP2011 kexts booting with that Radeon framebuffer.

I seem to be having the same problem as ddduckman. I have tried what you suggested by removing the ATI kexts and turning off the GraphicsEnabler and to no avail. Even tried to use the Lion ATI kexts and Kabyl's RC5 branch. All it seems to do it hang on start. It was working for me in 10.6.3 but as soon as I try 10.6.7 I get this problem. Could it be related to using switchable GPU?

I seem to be having the same problem as ddduckman. I have tried what you suggested by removing the ATI kexts and turning off the GraphicsEnabler and to no avail. Even tried to use the Lion ATI kexts and Kabyl's RC5 branch. All it seems to do it hang on start. It was working for me in 10.6.3 but as soon as I try 10.6.7 I get this problem. Could it be related to using switchable GPU?

You r right about the porblem. I removed kext about IntelHD Graphics. I managed to see the desktop. But ATI graphics not working properly. Besides, now I'm having kernel panic issues when I use USB devices. Any ideas about this?? should find a solition for switchable graphics...

Read about disabling your 2nd GPU, i think you disable it inside ATIRadeonX3000 kext's plist. try nawcom's modcd.

The doc is big and it doesn't teach it just show's you a before and after patch. Teaching about certain parts is another thing, big if you wish people to teach regarding why and how they made that patch, normally patches are copied from a real mac to our DSDT to reflect the same result. so system runs similar to a real mac example USB1 in windows and linux is UHC1 in a mac.

@atlee: Thanks! I don´t know anything about DSDT and I didn´t know that what I was asking for was that absurd. I have a DSDT made by great Mald0n and I have started "playing around" with it in order to understand a bit more.

@atlee: Thanks! I don´t know anything about DSDT and I didn´t know that what I was asking for was that absurd. I have a DSDT made by great Mald0n and I have started "playing around" with it in order to understand a bit more.

Mald0n is over my head with DSDT stuff. best to be taught from someone who knows everything about ACPI system, i do know a bit but i'm not experienced enough to teach how and why. best to leave it to people that know best ;)

Read about disabling your 2nd GPU, i think you disable it inside ATIRadeonX3000 kext's plist. try nawcom's modcd.

This worked for me, thanks!.

Finally got to my desktop with the taptun_kernel on 10.6.7 with all CPUs and 64-bit! Now I just have audio, graphics hardware acceleration, and my left USB port doesn't work. Let's see what I can figure out!

Has anyone had this problem:

Whenever i run the laptop on battery power ONLY (ie no power cable attached) within minutes the fans come on full blast, even though the laptop is cool, not hot air coming out, no CPU usage etc and it stays this way until the power cable is reconnected??

Whenever i run the laptop on battery power ONLY (ie no power cable attached) within minutes the fans come on full blast, even though the laptop is cool, not hot air coming out, no CPU usage etc and it stays this way until the power cable is reconnected??

Yes this happened to me but it don't happen after minutes but it did when the battery is going to die, until the power cable is reconnected again !!!!!

#1 NO PMs (PERSONAL MESSAGES)

PLEASE do NOT PM (Personal Message) me (Mammoth).

The reason is the PM system on Insanely is insanely bad. The storage space is very small and it is a real hassle to have to continually go in and delete messages all the time.

==========================================================

#2 MAMMOTH CAN'T ADDRESS InsanelyMac ISSUES

I don't want to get PMs, and I say so, yet the number one PMs I get are InsanelyMac related issues such as "I'm a new member and can't post." Getting PMs about this only gets me POed. Sorry, but I can't do anything about that. You need to PM InsanelyMac about that! Let them take the PMs.

===========================================================

#1 It is true up to a point that we have a bad PM system. It is the same, often better than in other forums. You can store up to 50 messages, which should be enough for "ordinary" users.

However, if you have a genuine reason why you need more storage space (e.g. you are a dev), pm me or another administrator and we will see what can be done.

#2 That is absolutely true, there is nothing a user can do to solve InsanelyMac issues. Again, pm me or another administrator. However, since we introduced the quiz system, I can't see any good reason why you can't post everywhere.

Yes this happened to me but it don't happen after minutes but it did when the battery is going to die, until the power cable is reconnected again !!!!!

I believe it has something to do with the FakeSMC.kext tbh. I also don't like the fact the other kernels that is meant to be installed with FakeSMC eg intelcpu arn't because mammoth removed them (no offence!). I think this may be playing havoc with my system and have completely uninstalled FakeSMC. IMHO it adds nothing apart from allowing you to check temperature sensors, i have no need for that tbh. Shall report back on whether it helps any!

Hey All,

Mammoth and co. thanks muchly for all your hard work getting these guides/info out! It's paid off beautifully with my new "Hackbook" smile.gif I think my DSDT is working great with my hardware, I'll test a little more to confirm but I'll upload very soon smile.gif

Quick question: I purchased 4104A-AR5BXB92 wifi card from ebay. Installed in place of my Intel Wifi5100 under the hard drive and connected the 2 cables to the new wifi card.

I got it to connect under snow leopard (I had to enter BIOS and "exit saving changes" for it to work).

However, I'm wondering if anyone has this working under Windows7? (or do i need to run both Wifi cards to work under both OS's respectively?)

Win7 Ultimate detects the device as " "Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter" Date: 09/06/2009 ver. 2.0.0.79 - just doesnt show any available connections under Win7 only.

Anyone have any ideas why it doesnt show any router connections under windows7? Or is that not to be expected?

thanks in advance!! :)

PS - Router is used by 3 other pc's in the house (including my osX partition) so I'm ruling out the router

Yes I have this problem too. But it is not specific to OSX. On Vista, I had this problem. On Windows 7, on the other hand, if you have this problem, do the followings to which I came across at HP forum.

Go to Control panel >> hardware and sound >>power options >>Change plan Settings >>change advance power settings >>Processor power managent >>System cooling policy >>> Set On battery option to "Active" If it is selected as passive.

This happens when you use your laptop on battery mode for a while and after a certain point, when you plug in the power cord again, fan starts to spin really fast. Solution: Cool boot. So what does this tell us? Well, it seems to me that OSX is unable to utilise the thermal zone in a way that Windows 7 does. Although we remove Windows 7 specific conditions from DSDT file, still, OSX can't enjoy it properly. Also, Compare BAT0 and ACAD sections of your DSDT files with that of a real mac. There are some differences that, I believe, effect the way the battery is recognised and utilised. This might also be the reason for the power loss on low battery, in which case system should have gone to sleep instead.

Hmm, it's working for me under both OSX and Win7 (I'm in Windows right now, typing this reply). It shows up as the same device name for me, same driver date (but version 2.0.0.75)

But I'm on a DV8, so I don't know if that makes a difference...

Quick question: I purchased 4104A-AR5BXB92 wifi card from ebay. Installed in place of my Intel Wifi5100 under the hard drive and connected the 2 cables to the new wifi card.

I got it to connect under snow leopard (I had to enter BIOS and "exit saving changes" for it to work).

However, I'm wondering if anyone has this working under Windows7? (or do i need to run both Wifi cards to work under both OS's respectively?)

Win7 Ultimate detects the device as " "Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter" Date: 09/06/2009 ver. 2.0.0.79 - just doesnt show any available connections under Win7 only.

Anyone have any ideas why it doesnt show any router connections under windows7? Or is that not to be expected?

thanks in advance!! :)

PS - Router is used by 3 other pc's in the house (including my osX partition) so I'm ruling out the router

Hi Mammoth,

I tried latest MIIF for DV8 with DSDT. It worked fine and I successfully created MIID/XIID on 8GB USB memory. Everything was fine and OS X installation was successfully done. Chose Macintosh HD from Chameleon, but OS X didn't boot (error screen appeared).

I tried to use -v option. It halted after NTFS.

NTFS driver 3.2 [Flags: R/W].

NTFS volume name Data, version 3.1.

NTFS volume name System Reserved, version 3.1.

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

It seems Mac OS tried to enumerate all NTFS volumes but no name for one partition.

I made Ubuntu boot CD and created custom DSDT.aml and overwrote it. But the result was same.

My PC is HP DV8T-1200 i7-840qm, 6GB memory, BluRay and TV Tuner.

Could you please give me some advices?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hi guys

I had a successful installation on my dv5, and them i made a fresh install with a dvd of windows 7 on the other partion so no more chameleon.

I inserted de MIID that allowed me to boot again to MACOSX but now i dont have any of the usb ports working so i dont know how to reinstall the chameleon from my MIID again. Any one had this problem?

Thks

EDIT

Reinstalled the osx and and have booth os working :lol:

now only have to resolve the sound card and everything will be fine :P

dv5 1050ep cpu t9400 4gbram

Hey guys,

I've got my machine installed/booting 10.6.3 but whenever I update to 10.6.7 it hangs on "DSMOS has arrived"

No sound or trackpad working either slowly trying to figure things out.

Also I can't seem to install windows 7 when I try it says it can't install to the partition becauses its GUID partitioned and if I use MBR i can't install OSx.

Any help appreciated.

Specs in my sig.

Thanks Mammoth et al, for this grate Guide and thread !

I managed to install Os X (and learned a lot in the process) in my DV7-3180us using the MIIF created for DV8t-1100 with very good results !!! :thumbsup_anim: (even when the most current bios I could get from the HP web site was F.1D)

So far most features seem to be working... In the next days I will be making further testing including a clean DSDT replacing (copied from my Debian partition, (unless an already tested one pops up)) and will further report.

Regards

Pbrena

-----------------------

HP DV7-3180us | Core i7-720QM 1.6GHz | nVidia GeForce GT 230M w/ 1024MB | 17" 1600x900 display + External Viewsonic VP2365wb 1920 x 1080 | 6GB RAM | 600GB HD | OS X 10.6.7 & Win7 Enterpr SP1 & Debian 6.0 (all in) 64bits

Hi Mammoth,

I tried latest MIIF for DV8 with DSDT. It worked fine and I successfully created MIID/XIID on 8GB USB memory. Everything was fine and OS X installation was successfully done. Chose Macintosh HD from Chameleon, but OS X didn't boot (error screen appeared).

I tried to use -v option. It halted after NTFS.

NTFS driver 3.2 [Flags: R/W].

NTFS volume name Data, version 3.1.

NTFS volume name System Reserved, version 3.1.

NTFS volume name , version 3.1.

It seems Mac OS tried to enumerate all NTFS volumes but no name for one partition.

I made Ubuntu boot CD and created custom DSDT.aml and overwrote it. But the result was same.

My PC is HP DV8T-1200 i7-840qm, 6GB memory, BluRay and TV Tuner.

Could you please give me some advices?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Never mind. I finally get it worked!