[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Sure, you can get it from here. dgrx dsdt.aml

I used oldnapalm's DSDT Editor from Here to load yehia Amer's DSDT. Saved it as a .dsl file. I started my dsdt based on the DV6 (i7 based) autopatch from the first page, based on this:

Once I used the auto patcher, I Loaded my dsdt into the DSDT Editor from above... saved as dsdt.dsl. Then did a text compare between yehia Amer's DSDT and mine. I was able to see what he did, and what I needed to do. Edited my dsdt.dsl in a text editor and saved. Loaded my edited dsdt.dsl into DSDT Editor, compiled, and saved as dsdt.aml. Now that I had my dsdt, I followed the rest of yehia Amer's instructions. :)

Mine is a little different than his. After some experimenting, I found that i did not have to add anything GFX0, all I edited was GFX1 on my dsdt. This seems to work well for me. Mileage my very....

Hope this helps some of you. I really appreciate yehia Amer posting his DSDT, as I used it as kind of a map of what I needed to do ;)

Thanks again yehia Amer :)

Also for info: Tested Quicktime, PandoraOne, VLC all :)

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and you are right, that was an old DSDT and there is no need to add _DSM Method on GFX0

This is my Latest DSDT till now i just added three fixes to Nixin auto patcher (HDMI , Battery, WiFi injection)

Amer_dsdt.zip

I hope that Nixin can add them to the Patcher, it will be more easier for New People

That's great :) , can you post your DSDT, to make others take a look

did you removed "GraphicsEnabler" and booted while the HDMI is connected and with -f boot flag

if you did and it still don't work...post your DSDT here

Hi Amer,

Yes I did changed it on the com.aple.Boot.plist , I changed it to " No" booted with the HDMI connected with -f at booting

Attached is my edited DSDT file , not sure if it is different than yours , I compared it with yours , and saw some differences at the beginning of script . Thanks again for all your help oskr_s.zip

Hi Amer,

Yes I did changed it on the com.aple.Boot.plist , I changed it to " No" booted with the HDMI connected with -f at booting

Attached is my edited DSDT file , not sure if it is different than yours , I compared it with yours , and saw some differences at the beginning of script . Thanks again for all your help oskr_s.zip

Hi oskr,

i found that "Device (HDAU)" is not added in your DSDT so i added it, try the attached DSDT and give me a feedback

oskr_s_dsdt.zip

Hi oskr,

i found that "Device (HDAU)" is not added in your DSDT so i added it, try the attached DSDT and give me a feedback

oskr_s_dsdt.zip

Hi Amer ,

YOU ARE THE MAN !! :P , It works !! Now I have Video and Audio on my HDMI !! :D

I see this is the code you added on my new DSDT :

Device (HDAU)

{

Name (_ADR, One)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x02)

{

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-1"

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

}

Thanks again for all your time, your help , and sharing your knowledge !

So , to recap what is working on my DV8

1.- Audio works , speakers , and HDMI out ! Thanks to Amer ! :D

2.- Internet WiFi is excellent

3.-Screen Brightness is great

4.- HDMI out works with sound !

5.- Little card reader works

6.- Track pad works

6.- All USB's work

7.- Volume control works but not the " treble and Bass" control

8 .- Even my little remote control WORKS , just played a DVD and most buttons I tried worked ! :D

9.- Geek Bench = 6560

10.-" Sleep and wake " was working with screen closing and with 'sleep" command, but now after DSDT edit DOES NOT .

UPDATE: For some reason the "sleep and wake" now works after closing and opening screen !!

One thing I notice is the battery levels drop fast when unplugged , have not run out of battery yet to see what it will do .

I noticed that Amer patched his DSDT with WiFI and Battery patches , not sure if you would like to share with us your results and reasons , and how to make patches .

Ok , Thanks again to Mammoth , and Amer for his personal help on my DSDT , and everyone else who contributed to this great project ! :D

i don't understand what is a mammuth .... i have a hp dv6 1205sl and i proved to install idenb iatkos but don't start ..... stop on the green screen whit the logo apple after the installation ..... or stop whit the kernel panic

only tiger jas 10.5.8 + upgrade leopard 10.5.1 work on my pc but whitout kexts ... all kexts don't work and i don't know what i do ....

this is the screen of last installation of iaktos v7 ...

post-755854-1302630053_thumb.jpg

post-755854-1302630104_thumb.jpg

Hi Amer ,

YOU ARE THE MAN !! :D , It works !! Now I have Video and Audio on my HDMI !! :D

I see this is the code you added on my new DSDT :

Device (HDAU)

{

Name (_ADR, One)

{

Store (Package (0x02)

{

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-1"

}

}, Local0)

Return (Local0)

}

}

}

Ok , Thanks again to Mammoth , and Amer for his personal help on my DSDT , and everyone else who contributed to this great project ! :D

Could your DSDT file works on my machine ? :-)

Could your DSDT file works on my machine ? :-)

Hi Peter , it should work , since your computer signature is the same as mine , the only difference I see is , you got 6 gigs of memory , and mine it comes with only 4, I am sure you might have a different DVD ? , I only have a basic DVD player , NOT a Blue Ray like some other models . but it should not make a difference , since my DSDT is based from Mammoth original system , and i know he has a different drive , but both are DV8's

Hope it helps ...... :o

Hey all,

So I think my gfx card for some reason doesn't conform to all the others or I'm doing something wrong? I'm not good with dsdts. Anyway. Ive attached my ubuntu dump dsdt and the patched dsdt. The problem I'm having is that every time I try to turn GraphicsEnabler=No, I get Apple Software Renderer as per OpenGL Extensions Viewer. When I turn GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I notice in IORegExplorer, my NVCAP loaded is:

<04 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 fe 00 00 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00>

which is different from the patched DSDT's:

04, 01, 01, 01, 00, 00, 01, 00, FE, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 01, 0A, 00, 00, 00, 00

However if I change it in the dsdt, I still don't get hardware acceleration. Any ideas anyone?

dsdt_ubuntu.aml.zip

dsdt_patched.aml.zip

post-739435-1302618967_thumb.jpg

help... After Atlee's answer i'm going crazy... how is possible that there are no errors in this screenshot?

after the update is this what i get....

that's normal loading procedure, if it stops at NTFS it finds an NTFS drive attached, if it pauses there, are you messing around with graphics?

i can see your Realtek network kext is not loading.

no panics here. what error can you see?

Hi oskr,

oskr_s_dsdt.zip

why are you adding a Device to a DSDT that did not originally support it? if it does not support it, just add the HDMI DSM method below either HDM1, 2 or 3 you can add it to all.

EXAMPLE:

Before

Device (HDM1)
				{
					Name (_ADR, 0x0210)
					Method (_DCS, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
						Store ("HDMI TV -- _DCS", Debug)
						If (HDT1)
						{
							Return (0x1F)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (0x1D)
						}
					}

Method (_DGS, 0, NotSerialized)
					{
						If (HDT1)
						{
							Return (One)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (Zero)
						}
					}

Method (_DSS, 1, NotSerialized)
					{
						Store ("HDMI TV -- _DSS", Debug)
					}
}

After

Device (HDM1)
				{
					Name (_ADR, 0x0210)
					{
						If (HDT1)
						{
							Return (0x1F)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (0x1D)
						}
					}

{
						If (HDT1)
						{
							Return (One)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (Zero)
						}
					}

{
					}
{
Store (Package (0x02)
	{
		"hda-gfx",
		Buffer (0x0A)
		{
		"onboard-1"
		}
	}, Local0)
	Return (Local0) 
} 
}

that's normal loading procedure, if it stops at NTFS it finds an NTFS drive attached, if it pauses there, are you messing around with graphics?

i can see your Realtek network kext is not loading.

no panics here. what error can you see?

i have another partition NTFS with windows 7, could be this the problem?

hangs on the line ntfs

i have another partition NTFS with windows 7, could be this the problem?

hangs on the line ntfs

NTFS loading is normal but if your loading is pausing it's either a kext or chamelon preventing it going to the desktop, if you have ati card, specifically 5000 series, remove ati5000controller, atisupport,atiframebuffer then reboot using graphicsenabler=no, it should make it to the desktop.

you have to tell me your specs so i can isolate the problem.

I bet you if you had sharing enabled you can VNC in your Mac and look around, this would definitely tell you it's kext related.

@Mammoth,3 things on my list and we have a model which can be added to the complete list. Sound still working on, GFX works but still dodgy ass drivers, finger print sensor i will look into this.

Apart from that everything else is great. i will be spending a lot more time in this thread helping others but i do have a lot of study work to do. few more units till my degree.

@Mammoth I can produce a dsdt.aml but also i have produced a word document for people who wish to edit via DSDTSE.

51 pages long, it has a before and after patch so they are easy to find. Let us know where to post also doc or PDF?

@atlee: could you upload thad doc? I need help understanding DSDT.

@To the rest: here there is a good post explaining DSDT basics:

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=85344

@atlee: could you upload thad doc? I need help understanding DSDT.

@To the rest: here there is a good post explaining DSDT basics:

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=85344

The doc is big and it doesn't teach it just show's you a before and after patch. Teaching about certain parts is another thing, big if you wish people to teach regarding why and how they made that patch, normally patches are copied from a real mac to our DSDT to reflect the same result. so system runs similar to a real mac example USB1 in windows and linux is UHC1 in a mac.

NTFS loading is normal but if your loading is pausing it's either a kext or chamelon preventing it going to the desktop, if you have ati card, specifically 5000 series, remove ati5000controller, atisupport,atiframebuffer then reboot using graphicsenabler=no, it should make it to the desktop.

you have to tell me your specs so i can isolate the problem.

I bet you if you had sharing enabled you can VNC in your Mac and look around, this would definitely tell you it's kext related.

my specs are in my sign i've ATI 6550 mobility series, i'll try and let you know

my specs are in my sign i've ATI 6550 mobility series, i'll try and let you know

Startup using -s flag.

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATIFramebuffer.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX3000.kext

reboot

Startup using GraphicsEnabler=No flag.

If this gets you to desktop then the Chamelon does not have your card id and it is trying to load ATI kexts. Have you tryed using Lion DP2 kexts? Then booting with Kabyl's RC5 branch and using the flag ATIConfig=RadeonFramebuffer.

Or even MBP2011 kexts booting with that Radeon framebuffer.

Startup using -s flag.

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5000Controller.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATISupport.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATIFramebuffer.kext

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX3000.kext

reboot

Startup using GraphicsEnabler=No flag.

Here it is....

post-739435-1302701113_thumb.jpg

why are you adding a Device to a DSDT that did not originally support it? if it does not support it, just add the HDMI DSM method below either HDM1, 2 or 3 you can add it to all.

EXAMPLE:

Before

Device (HDM1)
				{
					Name (_ADR, 0x0210)
					{
						If (HDT1)
						{
							Return (0x1F)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (0x1D)
						}
					}

{
						If (HDT1)
						{
							Return (One)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (Zero)
						}
					}

{
					}
}

After

Device (HDM1)
				{
					Name (_ADR, 0x0210)
					{
						If (HDT1)
						{
							Return (0x1F)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (0x1D)
						}
					}

{
						If (HDT1)
						{
							Return (One)
						}
						Else
						{
							Return (Zero)
						}
					}

{
					}
{
Store (Package (0x02)
	{
		"hda-gfx",
		Buffer (0x0A)
		{
		"onboard-1"
		}
	}, Local0)
	Return (Local0) 
} 
}

Hi Atlee, thanks for the new insight , should i try your new patch? since it was my DSDT that Amer fixed for me , what will be the difference on your patch and Amir's ? I know my HDMI video and Audio is working as of now , Could you please teach me the differences ? I could patch the 3 HDMI DSM's with your patch , Do I need to remove the last code or patch that you say it was not supported originally ? Any help would be appreciated , since i am still learning all of these DSDT stuff. thanks again ........... :P

@anyone

Here is my clean dsdt from ubuntu.

1. Wondering if there are any experts who can help me get started on patching? ;)

2. Ran 1067 update and "Enable Audio Script" (before restart) - However my audio still isn't working in OSX. Is this because I was using a MIIF without a DSDT? (Used Dvx MIIF as my machine isn't supported yet)

Thanks for any help in advance guys :P

dv6_2000tx_VW492PA_InsydeF.1Dhack_clean_ubuntu_dsdt.zip

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to check in real quick to let you know I am STILL alive! I am just swamped with a lot of other things at the moment; I haven’t even had time to read the thread recently. :P

I actually put together a long post to everyone last Saturday, with a lot of info… but it all got wiped out due to a lovely “IPS error” and I just didn’t have the time (or a happy attitude after that), to allow me to write it all over again. :(

In another day or two I should have things caught up and be able to jump back in. Sorry to leave you all hanging, but I put off a lot of things (I shouldn’t have), as I was working so hard on the guides, the thread, and helping everyone out.

So I’ll be back soon; you haven’t been abandoned (not permanently anyway). ;)

hi this is my hp dv6 1205sl

Codice Prodotto VE755EA

Microprocessore Processore mobile AMD Turion X2 Dual Core RM-74 da 2,2 GHz

Cache microprocessore 1 MB di cache L2

Memoria 4096 MB

Memoria max 8 GB

Scheda video Radeon HD4530

Disco rigido 500 GB (5400 rpm)

Drive multimediale Masterizzatore DVD Lightscribe Super Multi (+/-R +/-RW) con supporto a doppio strato

Schermo Schermo HP BrightView Diagonal ad alta definizione da 15,6" (1366 x 768)

Scheda di rete LAN Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 integrata

Audio Altoparlanti Altec Lansing

Tastiera Tastiera compatibile da 101 tasti

Dispositivo di puntamento Touchpad con pulsante on/off e scroll pad con scorrimento verticale dedicato, regolazione del volume, pulsante mute

Slot scheda PC Uno slot ExpressCard/54 (supporta anche ExpressCard/34)

Porte esterne

Digital Media Reader integrato 5 in 1 per schede Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro o xD Picture

4 USB 2.0 (quarta condivisa con porta eSATA)

1 connettore HDMI, 1 connettore eSata

Consumer infrared (CIR)

1 porta VGA

Connettore Ethernet RJ45

Connettore docking per il cavo

Porta di espansione

2 uscite cuffie

1 ingresso microfono

1 IEEE 1394

can i install mac osx ??

please help me :(

Codice Prodotto VE755EA

Memoria 4096 MB

Memoria max 8 GB

Drive multimediale Masterizzatore DVD Lightscribe Super Multi (+/-R +/-RW) con supporto a doppio strato

Schermo Schermo HP BrightView Diagonal ad alta definizione da 15,6" (1366 x 768)

Dispositivo di puntamento Touchpad con pulsante on/off e scroll pad con scorrimento verticale dedicato, regolazione del volume, pulsante mute

Porte esterne

Digital Media Reader integrato 5 in 1 per schede Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro o xD Picture

Consumer infrared (CIR)

1 porta VGA

Connettore Ethernet RJ45

Porta di espansione

2 uscite cuffie

1 ingresso microfono

1 IEEE 1394

can i install mac osx ??

Only way to find out is to try. At the moment I do not see any reference to AMD processors in any of Mammoth's guides as most of us are running Intel Core i3/5/7 processors. You may need to try other boot methods e.g. TonyMac etc. Others reading, feel free to correct me on this.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to check in real quick to let you know I am STILL alive! I am just swamped with a lot of other things at the moment; I haven’t even had time to read the thread recently. :P

I actually put together a long post to everyone last Saturday, with a lot of info… but it all got wiped out due to a lovely “IPS error” and I just didn’t have the time (or a happy attitude after that), to allow me to write it all over again. :(

In another day or two I should have things caught up and be able to jump back in. Sorry to leave you all hanging, but I put off a lot of things (I shouldn’t have), as I was working so hard on the guides, the thread, and helping everyone out.

So I’ll be back soon; you haven’t been abandoned (not permanently anyway). ;)

Good to have you back Mammoth =D

Hi, I have been playing around with various patches and dsdt editors. What I have found is this:

* I believe that you may have started your dsdt with the HP DV6 patch from the Auto Patcher. The (HDAU) gets installed with this patch.

* With the updated DV6 (i7 based) Patch Pack from the front page, (HDAU) is still in the patch... but the code is slightly different. It has (\n) after all the lines. I will admit I don't know what that is for, but I do know that (HDAU) is not injected with this patch pack. I don't know if this was intentional, as NIXin made a few changes/updates to this patch.

When I used your dsdt as a map, I noticed that my dsdt did not have (HDAU) injected... so I put it in.

Just wanted to shine some light on this, as it may be why some people have (HDAU) in their dsdt's and some don't.

Codice Prodotto VE755EA

Memoria 4096 MB

Memoria max 8 GB

Porte esterne

Consumer infrared (CIR)

1 porta VGA

Connettore Ethernet RJ45

Porta di espansione

2 uscite cuffie

1 ingresso microfono

1 IEEE 1394

can i install mac osx ??

it is possible but you need to boot the osx cd using a amd patched kernel.