ATI Radeon 6xxx, working QE/CI

Nuphor

791 posts in this topic

Hi Andy,

My spec Asus Sabertooth X58 with Asus HD6970

Before this im running on 10.7.2.. my graphic card working with netkas patch, but everytime need to reset twice..

After i saw thic topic, i do a clean install with 10.8.4, use DSDT.aml and apply that "AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext" patch..

Everytime screen become white when longin.. I try reset, but still same problem.

Can this patch "AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext" work with a single graphics card on 10.8.4?

my motherboard doesnt come with internal graphic

thx...

Hi Andy,

My spec Asus Sabertooth X58 with Asus HD6970

Before this im running on 10.7.2.. my graphic card working with netkas patch, but everytime need to reset twice..

After i saw thic topic, i do a clean install with 10.8.4, use DSDT.aml and apply that "AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext" patch..

Everytime screen become white when longin.. I try reset, but still same problem.

Can this patch "AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext" work with a single graphics card on 10.8.4?

my motherboard doesnt come with internal graphic

thx...

Problem solved, just add in other graphic card. in my case, i added nvidia GT9400...

I've patched the 10.9 GM AMDRadeonX3000, based on the patches provided from andybe.

This is what i've done:

1) Enter "single-user" mode, move AMDRadeonX3000.kext to a safe location and delete the kernel cache (or boot with -f).

2) Boot to desktop and copy the patched AMDRadeonX3000.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/.

3) Rebuild the kextcache.

4) Download FBRotate and add it to your User's Start Items.

5) Check with Disk Utility to make sure your drive has the correct system permissions.

6) Reboot.

Note: Coldboot bug might still be present.

I'm running this off a single HD6950, using just GraphicsEnabler=Yes (no DSDT injections). Same bugs as always though: no OpenCL, MSAA bugs etc.

AMDRadeonX3000.zip

• Like 1

I've patched the 10.9 GM AMDRadeonX3000, based on the patches provided from andybe.

This is what i've done:

1) Enter "single-user" mode, move AMDRadeonX3000.kext to a safe location and delete the kernel cache (or boot with -f).

2) Boot to desktop and copy the patched AMDRadeonX3000.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/.

5) Check with Disk Utility to make sure your drive has the correct system permissions.

6) Reboot.

I'm running this off a single HD6950, using just GraphicsEnabler=Yes (no DSDT injections). Same bugs as always though: no OpenCL, MSAA bugs etc.

With this AMDRadeonX3000.kext, FakeSMC and Clover (with BIOS.aml - no DSDT injection), no nullcpuPM, GE=No, single HD6950:  

10.9 GM starts from the first time. Menu is transparency, in my profile: ATI Radeon HD 6xxx (native). Full QE.  

But the system keeps crashing in the "graphics" applications: quickTime, final cut e.t.c.

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem as bretticus and Nur710As. I use 10.9 on X48, Q6600, 6Gb RAM, ATI6970.

Determined that the system freezes when opening JPG in programs such as "View", Aperture, IPhoto, etc. But correctly opens in Google Picasa!

Without AMDRadeonX3000.kext system works correctly, but without hardware acceleration.

Please help!

I'm sorry for my english

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is what i've done:

6) Reboot.

Are you using others AMD* / ATI* kexts and files in /System/Library/Extensions ?

I have the same problem as bretticus and Nur710As. I use 10.9 on X48, Q6600, 6Gb RAM, ATI6970.
Determined that the system freezes when opening JPG in programs such as "View", Aperture, IPhoto, etc. But correctly opens in Google Picasa!

Without AMDRadeonX3000.kext system works correctly, but without hardware acceleration.

Please help!

I'm sorry for my english

Have same problem, please help!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Andy, I´m from Argentina. Sorry abaut my english.

Finding in internet i saw that you maybe know the way to working with Radeon HD 6790. I Tried a lot of things and cant found the way to do work. Tried with Niresh Yosemite, Mavericks, ML2, editing the ATI6000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext with the id (0x673e1002), tried with clover, with chimera and this parameters:

GraphicsEnabler=(No and Yes) AtiConfig (a lot of framebuffers that i take from tonymacx86 wifi), AtiPorts, etc.

My displays DVI goes to black after apple logo.

Tried with HDMI out and can enter to the system but see all bad (pixels)

If you can help me i would thanfull my friend.

Bye bye!

• 1 year later...

I have succesful install HIS AMD HD 6790 into my Mac Pro 5,1 with OS X Sierra. Here is what I did:

1/. copy AMD6000controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext to desktop.

2./ using a text editor to put deviceID into AMD6000Controller.kext.

3./ using a text editor to put deviceID into AMDRadeonX3000.kext.

4./ restart OS X Sierra and get into Recovery OS by pressing command + R at startup.

5./ startup terminal, and type csrutil disable, and then reboot.

6./ get back into OS X Sierra.

7./ using Netkas kext installer to install modified AMD6000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext back to S/L/E.

8./ reboot, get back into recovery OS, and turn on system security as 4 and 5 with csrutil enable.

9./ reboot, cross your finger, and enjoy.

hope that this will help you guys a bit.

P/S: if you can not get into recovery OS, there is no way that you can modify those two kext files.