ASUS G73JH - Mac OS X 10.6.6 - All is WORKING!

pavol.tomik

229 posts in this topic

After 3 constant days of learning Hackintosh and everything, i finally got this working. (IATKOS S3 v2)

Just 1 problem.

The WIFI (Atherosl1cethernet.kext) Doesn't wanna work (Doesn't even start even after installing the kext).

I know it's not working on N network, but i cant get it to even start.. i reinstalled the kext A LOT of times now.

And now I noticed that it randomly crashes while I'm in the os.

Should I re install the os again and do a clean setup instead of adding stuff in the installation?

After 3 constant days of learning Hackintosh and everything, i finally got this working. (IATKOS S3 v2)

Just 1 problem.

The WIFI (Atherosl1cethernet.kext) Doesn't wanna work (Doesn't even start even after installing the kext).

I know it's not working on N network, but i cant get it to even start.. i reinstalled the kext A LOT of times now.

And now I noticed that it randomly crashes while I'm in the os.

Should I re install the os again and do a clean setup instead of adding stuff in the installation?

That kext is for the LAN. the WIFI kext is the IOfamily one.

That kext is for the LAN. the WIFI kext is the IOfamily one.

ah.. but i've done the same thing with that one and no change:(

And I'm having these random crashes while I'm using the computer.. maybe a conflicting kext thanks to the IATKOS kexts?

Thanks in advance, you guys ROCK.

Followed driftingbunnies' prompts and now I finally have a stable Mac OS install after several days of many kernel panics.

By the way, anyone happen to know a kext for an Intel 6300 Ultimate-N wireless card? I ditched the Atheros {censored} when I learned it wasn't a dual-band card and a poor 2.4ghz N card at that.

Thanks again bunnies! Now I need to grab the LAN kext so I can get my Mac online.

So I've run into one last brick wall. This is going to sound ridiculous, but how do you install individual kexts?

I'm trying to get an ethernet connection going on my machine, I've seen the kext for the Atheros AR8131, but I'm not sure how to install it. I've played around with the editor to no avail.

I think it went something like Atheros|1cethernet.kext Now I just need to figure out how to implement it.

So I've run into one last brick wall. This is going to sound ridiculous, but how do you install individual kexts?

I'm trying to get an ethernet connection going on my machine, I've seen the kext for the Atheros AR8131, but I'm not sure how to install it. I've played around with the editor to no avail.

I think it went something like Atheros|1cethernet.kext Now I just need to figure out how to implement it.

I have the same problem with the WiFi. Intel N 6300. googled it. don't think theres any kext for it so we are pretty {censored}ed.

But i'm still having random crashes when i run a lot of processes, you get that blackscreen window that tells you to restart the computer.

Maybe some processor thing?

I had the 6200 and i switched back to the stock card in order to get it to work. I'm not sure why you guys are all having trouble with the wifi. That's something that always worked for me. Is it because you only have a wireless N network? Wireless N networks do not work with the card. If you want your card to work flawlessly, I would suggest getting a dell 1510 and reinstalling. That way, it'll work 100% OOB. If you don't want to buy it, try setting your router to b/g and see if your wifi works.

To install kexts, use the kexthelper in your Applications folder. After you install, run the kext ultility to repair and then restart.

I had the 6200 and i switched back to the stock card in order to get it to work. I'm not sure why you guys are all having trouble with the wifi. That's something that always worked for me. Is it because you only have a wireless N network? Wireless N networks do not work with the card. If you want your card to work flawlessly, I would suggest getting a dell 1510 and reinstalling. That way, it'll work 100% OOB. If you don't want to buy it, try setting your router to b/g and see if your wifi works.

To install kexts, use the kexthelper in your Applications folder. After you install, run the kext ultility to repair and then restart.

This is exactly how I installed the kext, i get no airport options at all in osx, no network options for any wifi things whatsoever.

EDIT: I figured out my problem, I have the Intel Centrino Advanced N 6250 Wifi Card, not the Atheros. Can't find any kexts for it, ordering usb wifi, thanks again for all the help in this post!

Hi I Have Every Thing Working KINDA...

Under The Specs And Stuff It Only Says ATI Radeon 5000 But I Have A 5870

Another Thing My Mac Install Once And A While When Im Using It It Will Kernal Panic (GO GREY)

And I Can Only Connect To None Secured Networks Over Wifi

I Dont Know How To Install The dsdt, what does it do, do i need it :(:):wacko: ????

NOTE: I Followed This By Driftingbunnies

I basically did what Franula did.

1. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]
2. Install SL (partition according to tonymacx depending on what you want)
3. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] into OSX after installation is done
4. Boot up [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.4. don't install yet
5. Install 10.6.7 combo update
6. Install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. (select ATI drivers, touchpad, all misc except EvOReboot and NULLCPU and USB 3.0)
Select Macbookpro 6,1
7. Install chameleon
8. Copy Extra folder over.
9. Reboot
10. Install audio drivers (probably need to install disabler too) and LAN driver.

Except This:
11. install chameleon prefpane. Copy DSDT to EXTRA folder and use the prefpane to link the DSDT to chameleon.

can i take the wiresless intel 5100 from my acer laptop and switch them to get internal wireless working?

nope absolutely, because there are ngkext for both 5100 and 6250 agn, i suggest you buy a USB wifi dongle

answered my own question,did it,and have full wireless working,no disconnect problems from any type of network, all i gave up was the wimax,which isnt avalible in my area anyway

do you manage to get 6250 agn working, eh? how to do it mate? i'm using usb dongle now, is there any kext for 6250 agn

How specific are the files in Extra folders ? As the 10.6.7 update has added native ATI support, will the procedure outlined by DriftingBunnies / Pavol work for a N61JQ ?

Several of the drivers for the G73 and N61 series are the same so I was hoping ???

Apologize in advance for this post, but this is by far the most promising thread I have come across - I have done the googlin' but the N61JQ trail goes cold about a week ago...

Thanx

Hi guys newbie here!! I tried to install OSX using the method posted from previous pages, but I got "MAC OS x cannot be installed on this computer". I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and retail SL, remove the 4GB of RAMS.

My BIOS version is 213, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys newbie here!! I tried to install OSX using the method posted from previous pages, but I got "MAC OS x cannot be installed on this computer". I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and retail SL, remove the 4GB of RAMS.

My BIOS version is 213, 8GB DDR3 1333MHz. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No problem for me with the bios 213

everythings work well

FYI all, there is a problem with steam and the videocard drivers. [doesNotRecognizeSelector in call stack]. So any valve games will actually not run on our computers until either Valve updates the client to work or the drivers are fixed.

Anyone else have any other fixes?

EDIT: Valve will not update the client to fix the videocard drivers. Turns out its from a release that was pulled back and is not supported anymore because of this exact problem. So... We need new drivers, Till then stick with the op's post for installing. i reverted back because steam actually works there. All you have to do is

Go to /System/Library/Extentions/ and delete all the Kext that include ATI in their name.

Copy the orginal Boot file and /extra file back to your / directory

If you have a DTST.aml using prefpane make sure you remove that as well.

Then restart. Everything should work from there.

I had same problem and then i went to the apple store to buy original 10.6.3 and it installed it in a flash :D

I had same problem and then i went to the apple store to buy original 10.6.3 and it installed it in a flash :wacko:

Got it working using Hazard Distro everything works fine except for the ff:

1. Audio - Installed VoodooHDA kext but no luck still stuck on "Digital Out"

2. CPU halted when installed the remaining 4GB of Rams, I installed SL using this boot flags "cpus=1 busratio=20 maxmem=4096" is there a way to boot using 8GB of RAMS or re-install needed?

3. How did you guys make the trackpad working.. i.e 2 finger scroll..

4. My system wont boot w/o Empire EFI or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].. any ideas??

Got it working using Hazard Distro everything works fine except for the ff:

1. Audio - Installed VoodooHDA kext but no luck still stuck on "Digital Out"

2. CPU halted when installed the remaining 4GB of Rams, I installed SL using this boot flags "cpus=1 busratio=20 maxmem=4096" is there a way to boot using 8GB of RAMS or re-install needed?

3. How did you guys make the trackpad working.. i.e 2 finger scroll..

4. My system wont boot w/o Empire EFI or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].. any ideas??

4. Did you install chameleon??

I feel like I've tried every possible kext for the Atheros AR8131, but nothing works. I'm doing the install by dragging the folder into the kext helper and then running the helper utility, but none of the kexts I've used so far work. So I have a hi-res install of Mac OS that cannot get online. Frustrating.