ASUS G73JH - Mac OS X 10.6.6 - All is WORKING!

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

pavol.tomik

pavol.tomik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

So i tried updating to 10.6.7. DO NOT DO IT. I get a KP right when I boot into it. I'm guessing it has something to do with something that pavol customized? I'm not sure but it didn't work. I'll try to update with anything else I find.

Hi,
this is not TRUE... I am on 10.6.7 from native apple update with no problem...

P.

Attached Files

driftingbunnies

driftingbunnies

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I have no idea what you mean when you say run on terminal. I did type kextstat and it just shows all the kexts. Then i did the ioreg thing but nothing happened. What is supposed to happen after I type them in? Am i supposed to upload something?

@Pavol. If you actually read my 3 or 4 other posts after that, you will see that I too have gotten to 10.6.7. Did you just update with the software update or did you use the combo update? I tried just using the software update and that made it crash. Maybe you can help us with the sleep issue and running this thing 100% natively.

@MaLd0n. You know that typing the same thing over and over does not help right?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

I have no idea what you mean when you say run on terminal. I did type kextstat and it just shows all the kexts. Then i did the ioreg thing but nothing happened. What is supposed to happen after I type them in? Am i supposed to upload something?

| | | "CSTInfo" = 19136773
CStates

go to the terminal and type
kextstat

driftingbunnies

driftingbunnies

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
"CSTInfo" = 19136773 is what i got

I also uploaded the kextstat.

I reinstalled using ##### 3.4 and now I don't need to use the boot file and don't need to boot with ATIROM so the videocard runs natively now. The wireless also works natively too but it doesn't seem to remember the wireless network for some reason. I'm also using the DSDT that MaLd0n uploaded and can get it to sleep but doesn't wake from it. When it wakes, the screen is just black. Shutdown works fine and touchpad works with the drivers from #####. S

SO to summarize, things that need work:
Sleep
Disabling touchpad
wireless n and remembering network
internal mic

Attached Files

noname25

noname25

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried the same way as driftingbunnies. I did get my Shutdown to work as well (A lot thanks to MaLd0n).

However, my G73 still cannot go to sleep at all... I'm in Windows and will post my files later.

Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi guys,

Thank you for all the information on this! I have a question, though: I'm trying to install 10.6.3 on my G73JH, but after booting with ##### and trying to run the MacOS installer I get a kernel panic. What options are you using with ##### to load the installer? Is everyone removing 4GB of RAM and dropping to just 4GB in the system before installing? Do we have to remove the first hard drive like the ##### documentation suggests?

Thanks again!

driftingbunnies

driftingbunnies

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
You do not need to remove the ram but I would suggest removing the hard drive just in case. Usually if you get a kernal panic, a simple restart will take it away. But if that doesn't do it, try removing the hard drive and try installing again.

frenchie

frenchie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Been awhile since I've posted, but I wanted to let everyone know I'm running 10.6.7 with Pro Tools 9.

This laptop configuration is better and WAY more powerful than any Apple offering.

Thanks to the OP! You're the bomb :rolleyes:

ZSamuels28

ZSamuels28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I'm new to this forum... Trying to install Mac OSX on my Asus G73JH, First time I installed OSX, updated to 10.6.7 and I was able to boot ONLY from ##### and get everything functioning but the wireless and ethernet (wireless kept getting self-assigned IP).... Then I installed some kexts and the keyboard and sound stopped working... Trying again because I made some mistakes (didn't copy over the Extras folder, didn't select specific kexts) and now I'm getting the black screen like previous people. When I tried doing the GraphicsEnabler=No boot, I get stuck at the spinning wheel... when I try to boot from #####, I get the same thing...

If possible, can the person who was able to get on 10.6.7 put up a guide on how they were able to install everything step by step? Or be able to PM me?

Should I try going from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6 via pavol's instructions then 10.6.7 natively? Is this what you did pavol?

Maybe since 10.6.7 has native support for the 5870 I'll play around with some of the configs... if all fails reinstall... Also, anyone fix the wireless n problem or sleep problem?

Thanks.

ZSamuels28

ZSamuels28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi guys,

Thank you for all the information on this! I have a question, though: I'm trying to install 10.6.3 on my G73JH, but after booting with ##### and trying to run the MacOS installer I get a kernel panic. What options are you using with ##### to load the installer? Is everyone removing 4GB of RAM and dropping to just 4GB in the system before installing? Do we have to remove the first hard drive like the ##### documentation suggests?

Thanks again!

I was having the problem too. If you try to bootup first with #####, you will get the kernal panic however, try to boot WITHOUT ##### and you will get a flashing cursor, but somehow, when you restart with ##### after, the kernal panic is gone... go figure...

Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the help! I'm now able to run the installer. :D

I've messed up a lot, so now on to reinstall the OS and see if I can go straight to 10.6.7 without using the patched boot file and enabling native video drivers. :P

ZSamuels28

ZSamuels28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Pavol any chance you can do a step by step guide as to how you got on 10.6.7? Or did you just use your method update to 10.6.6 then use the software center to upgrade to 10.6.7?

4th try... did Pavol's technique using the 10.6.6 combo upgrade... and still got black screen :/ did graphicsenabler and no luck.... stuck at spinning wheel

franula

franula

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi guys,

After reading this whole post and with great help of Pavel and Driftingbunnies i installed Mac OS X but i...

1. installed 10.6.7 Combo Update instead 10.6.6 in first post
2. Used ##### 3.4 and selected the new ATI kernals from the new 10.6.7 update and touchpad drivers
4. Unchecked NULLCPU or EvOReboot
5. Pick macbook pro 6,1 instead of mac pro 4,1
6. Install chameleon
7. Replace EXTRA folder only since the new kernals don't need the new boot file.
8. Install the audio kernal and ethernet kernal and appleHDAdisabler
9. Reboot

Now i have macbook PRO with NO Wireless N and forgeting problem, restart and shutdown works ;)

Only if i someone figure out how to turn keyboard lights ON it would be great

ZSamuels28

ZSamuels28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Awesome! I'm gonna try this right now!

Hi guys,

After reading this whole post and with great help of Pavel and Driftingbunnies i installed Mac OS X but i...

1. installed 10.6.7 Combo Update instead 10.6.6 in first post
2. Used ##### 3.4 and selected the new ATI kernals from the new 10.6.7 update and touchpad drivers
4. Unchecked NULLCPU or EvOReboot
5. Pick macbook pro 6,1 instead of mac pro 4,1
6. Install chameleon
7. Replace EXTRA folder only since the new kernals don't need the new boot file.
8. Install the audio kernal and ethernet kernal and appleHDAdisabler
9. Reboot

Now i have macbook PRO with NO Wireless N and forgeting problem, restart and shutdown works :)

Only if i someone figure out how to turn keyboard lights ON it would be great

Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Have everything working, thank you for posting that! :)

Does anyone have 802.11n working?

franula

franula

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Have everything working, thank you for posting that! :dance_24:

Does anyone have 802.11n working?

I have wirelessN working, read 2 posts up :rolleyes:

ZSamuels28

ZSamuels28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
THANK YOU FRANULA and PAVEL!!!!
Finally got everything working, used your way franula but was getting black screen after the spinning wheel. After that I changed the boot options to GraphicsEnabler=No and all works! I am plugged into Ethernet (so I'm not sure if I will get N wireless), but I have a medialink wireless usb adapter that works natively with Mac OSX, so that worked when I plugged it in. http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B002RM08RE

Only thing now that doesn't work is the keyboard buttons and sleep.
Oh, and I got a few kernel panics at the beginning but I hope that's over with.

Thanks all! If anyone needs help message me!

Also, how would I go about installing a windows partition alongside my Mac OSX partition using the chameleon bootloader?

franula

franula

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

THANK YOU FRANULA and PAVEL!!!!
Finally got everything working, used your way franula but was getting black screen after the spinning wheel. After that I changed the boot options to GraphicsEnabler=No and all works! I am plugged into Ethernet (so I'm not sure if I will get N wireless), but I have a medialink wireless usb adapter that works natively with Mac OSX, so that worked when I plugged it in. http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B002RM08RE

Only thing now that doesn't work is the keyboard buttons and sleep.
Oh, and I got a few kernel panics at the beginning but I hope that's over with.

Thanks all! If anyone needs help message me!

Also, how would I go about installing a windows partition alongside my Mac OSX partition using the chameleon bootloader?

I have MAC OSX and Windows 7 and it works great but every OS has his own HardDrive. For that panics you had try and replace this file inside EXTRA folder

Attached File  smbios.plist.zip   461bytes   71 downloads

ZSamuels28

ZSamuels28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I have MAC OSX and Windows 7 and it works great but every OS has his own HardDrive. For that panics you had try and replace this file inside EXTRA folder

Attached File  smbios.plist.zip   461bytes   71 downloads

Can I do a dual partition? Has anyone fixed these problems?

Sleep
Microphone
HDMI Audio Out
Keyboard Shortcuts/Light

franula

franula

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Can I do a dual partition? Has anyone fixed these problems?

Sleep
Microphone
HDMI Audio Out
Keyboard Shortcuts/Light

Yeah, that would be nice ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy