ASUS G73JH - Mac OS X 10.6.6 - All is WORKING!

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

donjon

donjon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So I've been digging through this thread and have tried so many different configurations but there are still some stuff i just dont get it seems:

My Setup:
First off I tried this whole process with newest versions of ##### 3.1, ##### 3.7.3.
My G73JH has an i7 720, 8GB RAM and a ATI 5870 and running with BIOS 211.

Ok now for the procedure:
- Used ##### to install SL which is the easy part
- Rebooted with ##### and configured SL
- Ran the combined Patch to get OS patched to 10.6.7 (even tried 6.8 once same result)
- Open #####

Ok now here the confusion starts:
- ##### yes/no?
- Some say with EvOrReboot&NULLCPU some say without. In the zip file of the OP there are kexts for both. Are they modified? Should we use new ones?
- "select the ATI kernels/kexts", The only ones i see are inejctors for 4800. Thought the 5xxx series is now natively supported.
- Mac 4,1 or Mac Pro 6,1? Whats the difference?
- Chimera or Chameleon? As far as i know Chimera should be the better choice atm.

Essentially what it comes down to: Could somebody just please give a clear statement of what to check and what not? I'm going crazy here.

- "Replace the Extra folder". Which one? The one in root or System/Library/Extras. Or exactly that? Replace the S/L/E one with the one from the root directory?

- Additional kexts as needed (sadly havent gotten that far)

So I've attempted this about 5-8 times and each time after I run ##### and try to restart the following happens:
- During shutdown it the "wheel" stops turning and freezes. (Only possiblity to power it off)
- If I then try to boot OSX I see the nice apple and the turning "wheel" below it for... forever. Let it run for over 45min once and usually give up after 10min. So you could say it "freezes" at that point.

Where am I going wrong? Could somebody answer at least a few of the questions I have.
Thx

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Found a solution to backlit keyboard from windows uninstall the ATK reboot and install the one attached the hot keys do not work but the key board lights stay on :wacko:

Attached Files

Norton1533

Norton1533

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Here it is:

works with all bios versions soo dont hurry =)

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=261326

Burny92

Burny92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hey guys...
I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.7 with my G73JH, but i've got no Multitouch. If i want to open the Settings from VoodooPS2, there appears an error: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad not found

I hope, that someone could help me. This is a 32bit Kext.
It's the first time, that i've done somezhing like this. Would be great, if i can get it working -_-
Thanks.

jakeythesnake

jakeythesnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

How frustrating is the keyboard backlight! Should be a bios, hardware switch feature. I wanted to ask if is this the same for everyone else? Only works in windows with the driver, software enabling the hotkeys. Which I can understand why there isn't a solution for this yet in our SL install.

Am I the only one that thinks there must be some sort of hardware/BIOS switch, as the keyboard lights flash on while the machine is POSTing...

Also, has anyone got the webcam to work? The light turns on with mine, so it is sort-of recognised but there's no video from it, just a black screen.

c) power management seems to be not working efficiently (fans are spinning faster that under win 7) -not sure about that one just a gut feeling

Thank you

I have to say that I think exactly the same thing, the air coming out of the back seems to be a lot hotter when doing nothing than on Windows, and it sounds louder. I'm wondering if OS X is just running the processor at its max frequency all the time (or close to it), rather than slowing it down when it's not needed. I don't know how to check CPU core freqs in OS X though.

franula

franula

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hey Guys,

What about LION??

jakeythesnake

jakeythesnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey Guys,

What about LION??

Send me a copy of the install DVD to my address and I'll test it out for you :(

Jitters

Jitters

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Has anyone gotten their HDMI out to work with any sort of converter? I was able to connect the G73jh to my TV (HDMI to HDMI). I have a computer monitor that has DVI and VGA input; I bought a HDMI to DVI cable to run the HDMI signal from my laptop to my monitor's DVI input, and it does not connect, any thoughts?

ctang2000

ctang2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just using Xmove to install lion on G73JH. Looks like everything work as before.

Face Time is able to use the built in web cam

Burny92

Burny92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hey ctang2000,
can you create a little guide for Lion? i think i have to upgrade to 10.6.8 before, and i don't know exactly, how i can make it work.
Greetings ;)

ctang2000

ctang2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hey ctang2000,
can you create a little guide for Lion? i think i have to upgrade to 10.6.8 before, and i don't know exactly, how i can make it work.
Greetings :)

You don't need to upgrade to 10.6.8.

Here is the link about how to upgrade 10.6.6 or upper to lion.

http://tonymacx86.bl...x-107-lion.html

Have to mount the Lion Package disk before you start Xmove as it is not stated clearly in the tutorial.

Burny92

Burny92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ah... thank you for your help! I'm gonna try it, maybe today ;)

Burny92

Burny92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Now i've installed Lion on my G73.
I have now a few problems:

No Quartz/GL
No Battery found
Can't use Multitouch functions

Maybe anybody know, how to eleminate this problems :D

EDIT: I'Ve a olution for the Battery problem:
Just install this here with Kext Helper, and then, run Kext Utility

ctang2000

ctang2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Maybe anybody know, how to eleminate this problems :(

How do you know Quartz GL is not working?

Burny92

Burny92

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I tried to play Portal, but it didnt work. Then, i test it, with the Dashboard. If you add a new thing there, there must be "waves" around the new added thing. But there arn't "waves".
And about the Battery: With this package, i've posted, i have issues. After a few minutes, it just hang. It shows 50 minutes, and then... it just freeze.

Mockillo

Mockillo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry if I am reviving a old thread here, but I just can't get anywhere on this.

I have the budget version of the G73JH, with a i5 450, 5GB of RAM, single disk and the 5870.

Prior to attempting this I installed a second disk in my laptop which I want to use with OS X.

I tried following the first post and downloaded all files, burned ##### to a CD and tried with a retail 10.6.3 disk and also with iAtkos S3. With the retail disk I just get to [PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN]. I've tried pretty much every boot flag I've found while googling, and disabled pretty much everything in the BIOS to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what I can do here? With iAtkos I don't even get that far, it reboots as soon as I can see the apple logo pop up for just a few milliseconds.

Any bright ideas here?

Mockillo

jakeythesnake

jakeythesnake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Sorry if I am reviving a old thread here, but I just can't get anywhere on this.

I have the budget version of the G73JH, with a i5 450, 5GB of RAM, single disk and the 5870.

Prior to attempting this I installed a second disk in my laptop which I want to use with OS X.

I tried following the first post and downloaded all files, burned ##### to a CD and tried with a retail 10.6.3 disk and also with iAtkos S3. With the retail disk I just get to [PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN]. I've tried pretty much every boot flag I've found while googling, and disabled pretty much everything in the BIOS to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what I can do here? With iAtkos I don't even get that far, it reboots as soon as I can see the apple logo pop up for just a few milliseconds.

Any bright ideas here?

Mockillo

Try with Empire EFI, ##### didn't work for me. The flags I needed changed randomly, but the most consistent was "-x32 maxmem=4096".

That's all I can say.

noname25

noname25

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Any bright ideas here?

Mockillo

Don't use #####, you should try to use the iAtkos disk (press f8 to enter the selection menu) to boot with those flags: -x -v -cpu=8 busratio=20

Worked for me :)

noname25

noname25

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Maybe anybody know, how to eleminate this problems :D

I have few questions.

1. Did you install Lion over your Snow Leopard or in a new Partition?
2. How did you pass over the first step that told me that there is no Keyboard on my computer :-S

blengyo

blengyo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Any bright ideas here?

Mockillo

i got the same problem :D
[PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN], i cant start the installation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy