pci issues with dell precision 490

Halflifedigital2

1 post in this topic

First, thank you to everyone populating this forum and puttinf info up here, I have found it an extremely valuable resource.

So, have a pair of Dell precision 490's running Snow Leo. We have insralled iarkos v2s3 using a dsdt I found up here to deal with sata drives not being recognized. I swapped in legacy kernel and got to 10.6.4. It seems as though I am now maxed at 4 gigs of Ram. (I'd love to know how to fix this, as I have 8 gigs in each machine, but that's not why I'm posting.)

The Machines are using Nvidia GT220 GFX which is working under a 9800 kext I believe.

So... to my question. I have an old Kona LH card which is used for video editing. It is PCI-X. (These machines have 2x PCI-X, 3x PCIE, and 1x PCI) When I first install the card with proper drivers, it works, however after a reboot, the Kona control panel says that the hardware is not present. This is the highest on my list of priorities as this is my only option for running this $1500 legacy card in a modern system. I'd love to know why this card works sometimes and not others... I'm not seeing a consistent reason.

OK, so I am also having issues with other PCIE/PCI cards. I have a Dynex PCI Gigabit ethernet (which I believe the database says should work out of the box.) It works fine on my Windows 7 partition, but nothing on OSX.

Also, I have a Dynex Esata Card that is not working in a PCIE slot.

It seems like these last two could just be needing drivers, nothing shows up in hardware profiler of course. But it could also be a symptom of none of my PCI cards performing properly (although GFX are working.)

Any help or leads would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

David