New HP dv7tqe with core i5

Ruddy

2 posts in this topic

Im looking at a decent laptop which I would like to purchase. The HP dv7tqe.

heres the machine on hp's site:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...e/dv7tqe_series

Im not really sure how to check for compatibility other then the charts on the wiki but I have not found a similar machine on the site.

It has a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6570 graphics card and ive seen people have pretty good results with the 5000 series, so could this one possibly work?

If anyone has any details that could help me I would appreciate it!

Im looking at a decent laptop which I would like to purchase. The HP dv7tqe.

heres the machine on hp's site:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...e/dv7tqe_series

Im not really sure how to check for compatibility other then the charts on the wiki but I have not found a similar machine on the site.

It has a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6570 graphics card and ive seen people have pretty good results with the 5000 series, so could this one possibly work?

If anyone has any details that could help me I would appreciate it!

Hi there,

I'm also looking for the laptop like Ruddy. We might have more choices for compatibles with SL as follows.

1.HP dv6t/7tqe with 2nd gen Intel core i + ATI 6xxx

2.Lenovo Z460p/560p with 2nd gen Intel core i + ATI 6xxx

These 2 models are almost the same spec. It seems like ATI card used on those laptops are the same series with one used by APPLE, 6000 Series. I'm not sure what's the difference between those cards and MP Pro card. It they are compatibles, so it will be safe to go with those 2 laptops.

3.Dell XPS 15 with 2nd gen Intel core i + nVidia GT 5xx. Since APPLE no longer uses nVidia with MB Pro, I'm not sure if it safe to go with this model even right now you can find supports for GT 4xx series from Tonymacx86 forum, how about GT 5xx series???.

OR

4.Laptop with 1st gen Intel core i + Intel HD card, not too expensive now. Since the new MB Pro using Intel HD 3000 as one of their options, this is the best choice for people like me(I'm not a gamer) if and only if APPLE releases SL 10.6.7 or Lion 10.7 which can support back for old Intel HD cards.

As of today, HP dv6tse with i5-2410 + HD3000 or ATI 6490(same as New Macbook Pro used) is out and also Dell xps 15 with i5-2410 + nVidia GT 525. I think the first one doesn't has compatible issues since they used the same components with New MB Pro. How about the second one especially on GT 525 concern?.

Which one you choose?. for both quality and compatibility to Snow Leopard.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

Thanks.