Mobility HD5470 QE/CI !

fayens

69 posts in this topic

i have a Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 with ATI RAEDON 5470 WITH 512MB.

i have installed iAtkos 10.6.3 successfully updated to 10.6.7 with combo update.

i have followed your tutorial, i didnt find my edid not once in terminal., so i have tried other method and injected EDID.

and done all steps properly

but whenever i boot it shows "Ati card posted, reading VBIOS from legacy space".

i didnt able to boot in safe mode also from also other bootloader than Kabyl's.

what should i do to eliminate this.

one more thing u have written

<string>AtiConfig</string>

<key>Hoolock</key>

is it correct or

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Hoolock</string> or this is correct.??

You right ! it's key for aticonfig and string for hoolock

I changed that in the first post, thanks.

For your problem, did you keep the false key and string for framebuffer?

Or try to add:

<key>VBIOS</key>

<string>No</string>

in you plist boot file.

You right ! it's key for aticonfig and string for hoolock

I changed that in the first post, thanks.

For your problem, did you keep the false key and string for framebuffer?

Or try to add:

<key>VBIOS</key>

<string>No</string>

in you plist boot file.

thanks for the reply,.

shall i add it to plist Boot in Extra or the Library\Preferences\???

and i dont know nothing about the false key and string for framebuffer??

can u please tell me more or suggest me any other post to refer??

I also have problem as yours.

Install 10.6.3 retail > combo update to 10.6.7 > install ati kext from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.3

Both internal display and hdmi. mirror and extended work too.

PS internal display got corrupted after screen saver

Hello folks.

I also have ati mobility hd 5470 and it works with correct resolution and i believe with some kind of hardware aceleration, but not full QE/CI :)

Also please check this this - and help if you can. You can find more details about that works here.

In short what I did.

SL 10.6.3 retail updated to 10.6.7 wiath delta updates (normal delta for 10.6.7, not for MBP)

Installed smbios for MacBookPro8,1 from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.4.0

Boot with AtiConfig=Hoolock from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 2.7.

This should also work for you, at least you will get something.

I followed the instructions from this topicd, but failed. It can not load hd5000 ati kext with atisupport from lion.

So I swithed to me semi working kexts :D

But please note - they are nice

"

My gfx card is detected as HD 5000, correct resolution 1366*768 (i think without full acceleration, but a way better than 1024*768). I can see screensavers, timemachine ui, but can NOT see "water effect" when adding widget to desktop. Also, my task bar is not transparent.

"

I can see _all_ screensavers, youtube vieos (without them safary crashes) etc.

Please report you success here.

can u please upload your working kexts???

thanks..

I also have ati mobility hd 5470 and it works with correct resolution and i believe with some kind of hardware aceleration, but not full QE/CI :)

My story with Dell N4010 / 14R + ATI HD5470 1GB...

It took me a few days to get it works with correct resolution 1366x768 but no QE/CI. I can see screensavers and have Battery, Speaker, Time Machine, Spotlight , etc. in the top bar but can NOT see "water effect" when adding widget to desktop and my task bar is not transparent. Beside, if enable display to sleep via Energy Saver, the screen color will all washed out when display return from sleep (could anyone test this if it also happened in your set up and report back?), only a reboot and disable display to sleep will overcome this problem.

My install procedures as follow for your reference:

1) Install OSX 10.6.3 Retail DVD with nawcom's OSX86 ModUSB

2) Upgrgade to MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7 <- DO NOT REBOOT continue to complete until step 6!!!

3) Install [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] but only apply [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]

4) Install the following kexts manually to /System/Library/Extensions:

5) I also found the follow kexts in /Extra/Extensions (they are installed by nawcom's OSX86 ModUSB and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]). Please check your /E/E and make sure no more and no less or you may experience different results or kernel panic upon reboot:
BroadcomWiFiInjector.kext

EvOreboot.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

JMicron36xATA.kext

JMicron36xSATA.kext

LegacyAppleRTC.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

TotallyFixStillWaiting.kext

6) Reboot and remember to use "-f -v" as the boot option.

In attempt to further improve the graphic I tried fayens's ATI pack in this post but my machine failed to boot up and end up with a white screen in the end. I have to restore to the above config to get system resume to normal. If anyone found the solution to resolve the color washed out and enable QE/CI with ATI HD5470 please share your method here.

My story with Dell N4010 / 14R + ATI HD5470 1GB...

It took me a few days to get it works with correct resolution 1366x768 but no QE/CI. I can see screensavers and have Battery, Speaker, Time Machine, Spotlight , etc. in the top bar but can NOT see "water effect" when adding widget to desktop and my task bar is not transparent. Beside, if enable display to sleep via Energy Saver, the screen color will all washed out when display return from sleep (could anyone test this if it also happened in your set up and report back?), only a reboot and disable display to sleep will overcome this problem.

My install procedures as follow for your reference:

1) Install OSX 10.6.3 Retail DVD with nawcom's OSX86 ModUSB

2) Upgrgade to MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.7

3) Install [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] but only apply [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]

4) Install the following kexts manually to /System/Library/Extensions:

5) I also found the follow kexts in /Extra/Extensions (they are installed by nawcom's OSX86 ModUSB and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]):6) Reboot and remember to use "-f -v" as the boot option.

In attempt to further improve the graphic I tried fayens's ATI pack in this post but my machine failed to boot up and end up with a white screen in the end. I have to restore to the above config to get system resume to normal. If anyone found the solution to resolve the color washed out and enable QE/CI with ATI HD5470 please share your method here.

i have a dell inspiron n5010 with 512mb ati 5470,

my exams are going on so i'll try it in a couple of days and post the result..

by the way thanks for the post.

For the moment this is the new kext package from new MBP 2011, the same which allow me to have QE/CI but I succes to find all of the kexts.

Take this pack and test it.

kext_pack_2.zip

My N4010 failed to use your kext set in Post #1 but I just tried the above set and it successfully boot up and reproduced the exact same symptoms as yours in my system i.e. The white translucent taskbar, and spotlight and same problem with dashboard effect as shown in Post #4 screenshots.

I don't know why but my N4010 encountered KP if I follow your :

Step 4: com.apple.boot.plist

Add to your file (the /Extra one):

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

so I have to skip this step.

I checked the different between your kext set and the set that I use in my post here are the CFBundleVersion, your above set is 6.3.0 and the one that I use is 7.0.52. If I restore back to 7.0.52 the white translucent in taskbar and spotlight gone, but I don't have water ripple effect in the dashboard either.

I also found that no matter which kext set I use I can only see the following 4 kexts being loaded from output of kextstat, is this normal? I believe QE/CI should need the kexts of ATIRadeonX3000 plugin + bundles, that may explain why it never works in our systems:

ATISupport

ATI5000Controller

ATIRadeonX3000

ATIFramebuffer

BTW, any progress on the below request?

Oh and if someone could compile this file with file for the last kabyl's boot it would be nice.

ati.c.zip

(This should enable 5470M and solve some errors)

I succes to enable both internal monitor and QE/CI on my msi CX620 laptop.

I have a HD5470 (Mobility, but hd5470 is only mobility!).

Please read carefully the requirement before:

You need:

- A working 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 installation, I don't help to upgrade your computer, look at other topic for help about this.

- [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.3

- Maybe windows, or linux to obtain your EDID

- Switchable graphics (if you have that) disabled in your bios

- Patience, very important

It's useful to have:

-Lizard

-KextUtility

So the tutorial !

Step 1 : EDID Injection !

If your internal display is unknow for the system , you must inject your EDID first.

Follow this good tutorial by CharredPC

Step 2 : Chameleon

With [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.3 install the chameleon ati (by Kabyl)

Step 3: 2011 MBP's kext

This kext package come from new MBP update, exept for AtiSupport.kext wich come from lion

It's very important to no install other AtiSupport.kext than the one from Lion and to install other kexts from MBP 2011 update, or your graphics never works

Main_pack.zip

The Injector must be put in /E/E

Install the kexts with kext utility.

Step 4: com.apple.boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

Or use Lizard to add the new strings.

Step 5: Reboot, and enjoy wink_anim.gif

So, for the tester I still have some problems tongue.gif

First I have a white 'translucent taskbar', I think there still a problem with transparency.

And I can't view spotlight search. (maybe the same problem)

But QE/CI works, correct resolution too.

Photobooth, iWorks, Front Row, Dvd player, Preview, ... all works expect the translucent taskbar!

Not Working for me on Acer Aspire 5552G:(-i can boot os x with the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] cd,but stuck on 1024x768.Added Edid,now in system preferences i can see the name of the display as i edited it in plistpro.With the Ati Experimental bootloader,when it should show the desktop,it is only a blank screen and some weird red pixels...I'm on 10.6.7,amd cpu(yeah,amd) and hd 5470 gpu.Ani advice?Thx!

Andy kindly created a boot in this POST for me which works for HD5470 Mobility, no Injector in /E/E or modification of /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist with AtiConfig is required because he has added the code into ati.c to support HD5470 Mobility, just ensure you have GraphicEnabler=Yes to use this boot:

15qqmx1.png

Results of my system after using this boot HERE

Andy kindly created a boot in this POST for me which works for HD5470 Mobility, no Injector in /E/E or modification of /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist with AtiConfig is required because he has added the code into ati.c to support HD5470 Mobility, just ensure you have GraphicEnabler=Yes to use this boot:

15qqmx1.png

Results of my system after using this boot HERE

i've checked that link and tried a few times but after update i even couldnt start up. Could you explain step by step please?

i've checked that link and tried a few times but after update i even couldnt start up. Could you explain step by step please?

What have you been done for the update? Basically, you just need to replace Andy's boot with the boot in your / and reboot.

First I have a white 'translucent taskbar', I think there still a problem with transparency.

Photobooth, iWorks, Front Row, Dvd player, Preview, ... all works expect the translucent taskbar!

Same for me. How can we fix this?

I also can not boot from my hdd without [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] legacy cd. I get this error: "ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space". Any solution? Please, help!

I have a DELL Inspiron N3010 (known as 13R) with i3 370m processor and ATI Mobility HD 5470m.

I have 10.6.7 and ethernet, sound, keyboard, mouse, esata, usb working!

wireless, bluetouth not working!

Thank you in advance!

Same for me. How can we fix this?

I also can not boot from my hdd without [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] legacy cd. I get this error: "ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space". Any solution? Please, help!

I have a DELL Inspiron N3010 (known as 13R) with i3 370m processor and ATI Mobility HD 5470m.

I have 10.6.7 and ethernet, sound, keyboard, mouse, esata, usb working!

wireless, bluetouth not working!

Thank you in advance!

I have the exact same problem, I can only boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No", so, no QE/CI for me.

I've tried everything on this forum without success, everything is working except the GPU.

I'll be waiting for something new.. my specs: Packardbell Easynote TM86, i5 430M, ATI HD5470, 4GB DDR3, Realtek ALC272X, atheros ar5b93

I have the exact same problem, I can only boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No", so, no QE/CI for me.

I've tried everything on this forum without success, everything is working except the GPU.

I'll be waiting for something new.. my specs: Packardbell Easynote TM86, i5 430M, ATI HD5470, 4GB DDR3, Realtek ALC272X, atheros ar5b93

Try this link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18307

• 2 weeks later...

com.apple.boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Zonalis</string>

Or use Lizard to add the new strings.

It works with Zonalis for me, too. But with the same inconvenient. I don't get kernel panics with it, although.

I still have some problems tongue.gif

Have you found a solution for these problems? What could be the cause? I have tried Zonalis in spite of Hoolock and this works, too, but with the same problems. HELP!

Thank you, i can get QE/CI working, but the color depth is only 16 bit (color branding effect is easily noticed in Finder windows). When i disable QE/CI (via GraphicsEnabler=NO), the color depth is 32bit again. Is there any solution for this ?

My machine is Acer 4745G, Core i3 370M, Ati Mobility 5740M, 512M VRAM

Thank you, i can get QE/CI working, but the color depth is only 16 bit (color branding effect is easily noticed in Finder windows). When i disable QE/CI (via GraphicsEnabler=NO), the color depth is 32bit again. Is there any solution for this ?

My machine is Acer 4745G, Core i3 370M, Ati Mobility 5740M, 512M VRAM

I finally managed to get QE/CI working but I have the same problem that you do, only 16 bit color depth, but if I disable GraphicsEnabler it changes to 32bit. Anyone else experiencing this?

Anyway, I found why I couldnt boot with GraphicsEnabler before (Error at: ATI card POSTed, reading VBIOS from legacy space), I was using Chameleon r748 by Kabyl, and I need to use r750 or better, from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.4, so if you're having the same problem try it out.

I also found that "Langur" and "Vervet" also work alternatively to Hoolock, but I don't notice any change, I also tried updated Native Ati Kexts without success.