• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Pikeman85

Pikeman85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hello, I'm looking for a netbook in the $200-300 range that is compatible with OSX.

I nearly bought a Toshiba NB505 tonight but could not find whether or not it was compatible.

If someone could direct me, looking for about a 1.66 gig processor, and a 250 gb hd, with 1-2 gb of memory.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

deleteme111

deleteme111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I was going to ask the same question. I have a family member who needs a cheap, portable Mac for work.

CursedHax

CursedHax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
MSI Wind?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Acer 5930 6935.. Good ootb ..
no cam..

winlog

winlog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
See here. Maybe it help?

N00b_un_2

N00b_un_2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Dell Mini 9 or Mini 10v. Search around for the Dell 1011 (not the 1012, since the 1012 has a GMA3150 chip so no graphics acceleration). The Dell Mini10v runs OSX flawlessly with 100% hardware working. Just grab a retail copy of Snow Leopard and the Netbook Boot Maker from Meklort.

Schwarzcat

Schwarzcat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is there any compatibility chart that includes new generation of netbooks such as the N455 CPU?
http://osxnetbooks.blogspot.com/ hasn't yet any tutorials for actual devices.
The charts I found elsewhere are quite old, no netbooks newer than 2010 or so.

Neo42

Neo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have been using an Asus 1201N-PU17 which does nicely. Going to sell it actually because I now have a genuine 13" MBP, but I highly recommend this model for a snappy and reliable OS X install.

Serulean

Serulean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I managed to get my Acer Aspire One 150 working fully, like the camera works etc. But when it's on battery the 1.6GHz Atom N270 processor gets locked at 800mhz and can't get any support on this forum to fix this issue. I'm assuming other Atom processor based netbooks are like this too.

rwingnut

rwingnut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I love my Dell mini 10v (1011) with Chameleon dual boot osx 10.6.7 and Win 7, but I want more horsepower or touchscreen, so.... The hardware compatibility chart would be much more useful with processor/geekbench and max ram columns. And a sorting option on percentage of compatibility or by column.

AsusHakingtosh

AsusHakingtosh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there! :

I´m gathering info about how to install Snow Leopard or Lion on my netbook . Mine is a Toshiba NB520, and I hope i could made it. i´m quite clumsy and it´s hard for me to understand some things about the procedures, but I´m trying my best,reading here and there and asking.

Hope to start soon and well. Regards !! :

J.

noscope900

noscope900

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The best netbook is a dell mini 9 or Dell 1011
They both use intel gma x950. They are also sadly not avaliabke to buy new, but people sell them on ebay, for cheaper than your budget and an even bigger plus is some people hack them first. A Dell 1012 WONT WORK WITH IMOVIE OR RUN VIDEO WELL. INTEL GMA X3150(WHAT IT USES) IS NOT SUPPORTED.
Dell mini 10v is also great because EVERYTHING WORKS! It has a upgradable 1gb of ram and 160gb hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy