Poll: What Processor is having more problems with Leopard?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: What Processor Model is Giving You More Grief? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

PowerPC (G3-G5) or Intel (DuoCore / Xeon)?

1. PowerPC (G3-G5) (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Intel (DuoCore / Xeon) (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TinFoil209

TinFoil209

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
If you have or access to an Intel and PowerPC based Macintosh, which one is giving you more grief? I shouldn't of added G3 to the list.

Tell us your system you have or tried to put Leopard on and what problems you been running into.

TinFoil209

TinFoil209

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
1.8 Ghz iMac G5 20" 1GB Ram -> No backlight after spining grey wheel... Can see install window though.

ep0niks

ep0niks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
iBook G4 1.42GHz 1.5GB of RAM - hangs on "Installing BSD Subsystem" no clue..

Adrian Fogge

Adrian Fogge

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 794 posts
ep0niks: Have you tried checking the Console or Installation Logs to see what is going on?

Riemann Zeta

Riemann Zeta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Haven't installed it on a PPC G4 machine. With an x86 mac (MBP), all seems cool, except for the gliches (in 10.4.7 and still present in 10.5) and bugs in Quartz 2D Extreme when using rosetta-emulated apps. Q2DX is still disabled by default, so it's obviously still f***ed up. There are two additional bugs that I have encountered: (1) a memory leak in Safari 3.0, which causes the browser to stall and suck up a lot of CPU and RAM on certain websites and (2) certain x86 apps that specifically check for Mac OS 10.4.4+ seem to just die during initialization, the apps usually work perfectly in forced rosetta-mode (e.g. transmission), despite the performance cost.

Jaffa

Jaffa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have a problem on my MacBook in that the headphones wont work. Nothing plugged into the headphones jack will work... This is really annoying me at the moment...

nigelelliott394

nigelelliott394

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
i haven't really had a problem yet, things are running really smooth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy