Does nvidia ion2 work in OS X?

titooo1

2 posts in this topic

Xtreamer will release in few days a nice HTPC, the Xtreamer Ultra (http://xtreamer.net/Ultra).

They claim that it can works with iDeneb, the hardware is easily compatible with OS X, but I got some doubts with the graphic card Nvidia ION2.

Does it work on Leopard or Snow Leopard? If so, does it support QE/CI? Any chance of getting it working soon?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

It works on any version that supports the geforce 210, the ION 2 itself is a GT218 derivative, and geforce 210 is GT218 as well.

I have a Asus nettop called the EEE Box, model EB1012P. Has a pine-view Atom d510 @ 1.67Ghz, and an ION2. It works with an atom kernel is mavericks Golden Master 13A598 (before public 10.9/GM final, both of which have build # 13A603) Full QE/CI and VoodooHDA HDMI audio semi-works, it starts to shutter after 12-15 minutes playing, you have to go to audio midi and re-select the audio frequency to get it back.

I also tested 10.9.0 public, 10.9.1, 10.9.2, 10.9.3. The atom kernel I use is darwin 13.1.0 which is the 10.9.1 kernel. Also audio for my net top is an ALC662 and works with voodoo as well.

Does it work on Leopard or Snow Leopard? If so, does it support QE/CI? Any chance of getting it working soon?

Thanks

Also, if the geforce 210 is supported on an OS X version, chances are the ION 2 will too. And it was never worked on, to answer your question, since it was always compatible since it was heavily based on the geforce 210 (GT218). (Also, the ION 2 is too GT218) Heck, the development and lots of times public name was GT218-ION. ION 2 stands for second generation ION.