OS X wont boot

KSwoosh

8 posts in this topic

today i installed iAtkos on my desktop, after booting the setup with maxmem=2048

however, it doesnt want to boot anymore...

my specs: [specs in sig are from notebook]

MOBO: Asus P5N32-E SLI

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850

GPU: nVidia GTX285

MEM: 4GB

any suggestions?

here are the error messages i got:

during the installation: [bypassed this by using maxmem=2048]

afb007e.th.jpg

when booting: [this is right before the crash moment, which is too fast to get a good picture]

afb008.th.jpg

and the error message [taken when booting in single user mode: booting goes less fast, so i can take a picture]:

it gives the same error here

afb009o.th.jpg

noticable difference between regular boot and single user boot:

single user boot makes the screen crash with black and white, while the regular boot does with green and black.

like in the last picture. [single user mode]

today i installed iAtkos on my desktop, after booting the setup with maxmem=2048

however, it doesnt want to boot anymore...

my specs: [specs in sig are from notebook]

MOBO: Asus P5N32-E SLI

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850

GPU: GTX285

any suggestions?

here are the error messages i got:

during the installation:

afb007e.th.jpg

when booting: [this is right before the crash moment, which is too fast to get a good picture]

afb008.th.jpg

and the error message [taken when booting in single user mode: booting goes less fast, so i can take a picture]:

it gives the same error here

afb009o.th.jpg

noticable difference between regular boot and single user boot:

single user boot makes the screen crash with black and white, while the regular boot does with green and black.

like in the last picture. [single user mode]

boot with -s -v and use this comand, this move your graphics kexts for / "raiz disk"

mout -uw /

mkdir /ExtOff/

cd /

mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*

mv /System/library/Extensions/GeF* /ExtOff

mv /System/Library/Extensions/NV*kext /ExtOff

mv /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*kext /ExtOff

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.mkext

cd /

shutdown -r now

THanks for the quick reply! [sorry for my late reply > i didnt get an email note]

Unfortunatly, I can't boot with -v -s, as i then get the error as seen in the last screenshot, and my computer automatically reboots...

or am i missing something here? [btw: i dont know what raiz disk is]

EDIT:

here is a picture of booting with -v only:

afb010pm.th.jpg

i also saw you gave someone else the advise of booting with:

-x -v busratio=13 Graphics Mode=640x480x32@90 GraphicsEnabler=NO cpus=1 rd=diskxsy

but that didnt work for me either... it shows lots of text in the screen and then reboots :/

when booting with -x nothing happens, the computer just reboots immediatly

Maybe you had a bad burn when you burned the image? Check the MD5 checksum on the image you used, or download another copy.

well, it installs properly, just when installed it wont boot. or could that be caused by the same problem?

well, it installs properly, just when installed it wont boot. or could that be caused by the same problem?

Could be caused by it. Just because it installs properly doesn't guarantee that the files it copies over will be OK. You might also want to take the route of only keeping 2GB of RAM in your machine. Try taking out the memory first, because if you were getting that issue before when trying to run the installer, then chances are that might be the cause for your issues now - even if you were able to bypass it for the installer.

Well, I actually tried checking the MD5 sum, but I just couldnt figure out how :S I mean, im not stupid or anything, but i could only find files that MAKE MD5 checksums...

do you know a good program for checking MD5 sums?

Also, after doing some research, i found that the chipset of my motherboard, nForce, might be causing the problems... so ill try fixing that