Free Vista Beta 2 DVD!

bwhsh8r

92 posts in this topic

wait.. so this is for more beta testers? or do you still need to use the cdkeys they already supplyed?

no... i think its for everyone... because it was linked on the india homepage, its like 7 questions so u might as well...

max

They've said they're going to do this whole download the discs and get keys again when they release RC1 for Vista. Anyone whose already got a Vista key will be able to download RC1 as well.

EDIT: I get it. Didn't pay attention to the country in the URL.

Wow that was really easy... Microsoft is really handing these disks out. Did they do this with Wistler(I think that was XP's beta name)?

yea, but notice, even if u get them all wrong u get the disks, and also, look at what site it is, india, so most people wouldnt find that except on forums :compress: or if they accidentially stumble across it, or if theyre from india :pirate2: good thing that they did not block out other regions, and yes, Whistler was the codename for xp :) EVERYONE, LET US KNOW WHEN U GET THE DISKS OR IF THEY CLOSE IT!!!! educational purposes and braging rights, what im curious about is will it include the x64 disk ? :)

max

oh, and on a personal note SenVa OSU lol, i couldnt resist, im from columbus ohio ;)

edit: colonels, was the link marked as spam, because it didnt show up when i posted it here, or when i wanted to pm it to someone...

max

yea, but notice, even if u get them all wrong u get the disks, and also, look at what site it is, india, so most people wouldnt find that except on forums ;) or if they accidentially stumble across it, or if theyre from india ;) good thing that they did not block out other regions, and yes, Whistler was the codename for xp :) EVERYONE, LET US KNOW WHEN U GET THE DISKS OR IF THEY CLOSE IT!!!! educational purposes and braging rights, what im curious about is will it include the x64 disk ? :)

max

oh, and on a personal note SenVa OSU lol, i couldnt resist, im from columbus ohio ;)

edit: colonels, was the link marked as spam, because it didnt show up when i posted it here, or when i wanted to pm it to someone...

max

I just did it... hope it's valid ;)

I just did it... hope it's valid ;)

well.... it is from the microsoft website.... so id hope that its valid.... ive done the test like 15 times out of boordome so i could see how many they ship.... ;) ahahahah, ebay ne one? i mso glad that it was not closed or they did not remove it yet ;) enjoy everybody ;)

max

Eww OSU...

I wonder if microsoft was able to fit x86 and x86_64 on the same disk... I mean if they send a striped down version of vista they could fit both. Why would they need to put everything on the dvd. It's only a beta.

Has anyone got anything like this from microsoft before? If so how long did it take to get the disks?

I think microsoft is just going to use the same cdkeys for b2 and rc. If that is the case then it would be really hard for them to stop us from using rc, but me being on dialup would make it really hard to get an rc iso.

Q. 1 The new operating system being launched by Microsoft in 2006 is called

Tiger "We Stole it Sucka" MCE Edition

Q. 2 Windows Vista brings _____________ to your world

Contempt

Q. 3 Windows Vista will be available first to businesses in

Sometime after the 3rd Service Pack

Q. 4 Windows Vista Enterprise edition cannot be bought as an OEM license, it can be acquired only through Software Assurance.

False.

Q. 5 The glass effect in Windows Vista is called

Aqua "We PwN3d U aga1n 5ucka!" Effect

Q. 6 Windows Sidebar boosts your personal productivity by

Taking away valuable Desktop real estate

Q. 7 The scenarios for businesses through which Windows Vista brings value are:

Not using Windows For Workgroups 3.11 anymore?

Q. 8 The minimum RAM requirements for a Windows Vista machine is

10TB

Eww OSU...

I wonder if microsoft was able to fit x86 and x86_64 on the same disk... I mean if they send a striped down version of vista they could fit both. Why would they need to put everything on the dvd. It's only a beta.

Has anyone got anything like this from microsoft before? If so how long did it take to get the disks?

lol, and theyd be on seperate disks, on ebay there was a vista beta disk set, with a dvd movie like case, a blue dvd (x86) and a bright green dvd (x64)

Universe_JDJ, the beta 2 cd keys have worked on all releases since beta 2... and as such they will work on the rc.... and also, domino, if the cd key math equasion is the same for all vista disks beta 2 -> rc then the keys would be teh same no mattter what... and these disks are probobly the same as the ones that the msdn subscribers got and the people who payed because they have slow internet...

rogabean, i did the same thing, and they even put aqua as an option for what is aero called! and i think the oem one was false too WaReZ :pirate2:

I hope that the disk (s) come soon :) i cant wait

max

Sweeet. I just did it too. Haha now I can mess around with it on my brothers laptop

lol, nice, i hope your brother knows your doing it first.... lol, i think that it will be the coustomer preview program dvds and jewl case.... in witch case it comes with x64 and x86!!!!! that will be sweet!

max

There, just in case you don't feel like thinking..LOL

Vision

Vista

Visio

Confusion :dev::huh:

Creativity

Clarity

November 2006

March 2007

January 2007

May 2007

Q. 4 Windows Vista Enterprise edition cannot be bought as an OEM license, it can be acquired only through Software Assurance.

True

False

Hero

Aero

Zero

Aqua :whistle::compress:

providing instant access to gadgets

providing a wide variety of engaging, easy-to-use, and customizable mini-applications

provide easy access to frequently used tools.

All the above

Find and Use Information

Enabled Virtual Workforce

Infrastructure Optimization

All the above

256 MB

512 MB

2 GB

4 GB

There, just in case you don't feel like thinking..LOL

Vision

Vista

Visio

Confusion

Creativity

Clarity

November 2006

March 2007

January 2007

May 2007

True

False

Hero

Aero

Zero

Aqua :whistle::compress:

providing instant access to gadgets

providing a wide variety of engaging, easy-to-use, and customizable mini-applications

provide easy access to frequently used tools.

All the above

Find and Use Information

Enabled Virtual Workforce

Infrastructure Optimization

All the above

256 MB

512 MB

2 GB

4 GB

or you could just check the top one all the time, but thats no fun :dev: thanks for the post locuras, and im glad to see all the interest in this thread!!!!

enjoy!

max

oh and ps unstatusthequo i like the handle and i keep doing that and the aqua instead of aero so that they know that its a ripoff* of aero