need X11User.pkg

23 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install DarWINE on my MacBook Pro, but I don't have access to my Install DVDs (from which I need the X11User.pkg to install X11) because I'm not at home. Could someone please upload the X11User.pkg package from their install CD (located in /System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg) for me? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Could someone send me the X11User.pkg package from their install CD (located in /System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg) for me? Thanks!

I am in need of X11User.pkg, I´ve lost my installation CD and the only version that you can download is for version 10.3....

So is there anyone who wants to upload it for me? :-)

• 2 weeks later...
I am also looking for the X11User.pkg file to be able to install Openoffice - could someone please upload it for me ? Thanks!

While in OSX, insert your OSX installer DVD and let it mount on the Desktop.

Follow the following path to find the X11User.pkg. Just double-click on it to install it.

/System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg

Drag the DVD image to the Trash to unmount it.

I am trying to help a friend install Openoffice and he didn't bring the installer DVD with him, so I was just hoping that I could find it so he would't have to come back here again! But I will tell him what to do - hopefully he can figure it out :blink:

While in OSX, insert your OSX installer DVD and let it mount on the Desktop.

Follow the following path to find the X11User.pkg. Just double-click on it to install it.

/System/Installation/Packages/X11User.pkg

Drag the DVD image to the Trash to unmount it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried installing that file , X11User.pkg on two machines. Each one quit with an error almost immediately after the installer program came up. It gave me a warning about a second program running to determine if the package could be installed, and then my only option was to click a quit button.

how do I install this file without having the dvd?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

X11 Update 2006 1.1.3

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/x11update2006113.html

About this update

This update addresses several issues in the X11 for Mac OS X package, enabling it to better handle:

- GLX stereo visuals

- offscreen rendering to GLX Pbuffers and Pixmaps

To tell X11 to take advantage of stereo visuals, enter:

$ defaults write com.apple.x11 enable_stereo -bool true

This update also addresses font issues present in X11 1.1.2, and is recommended for all users.

I think this will do the trick. Anyone know if there is a more recent update than this?

• 1 year later...