Please post your Feedback !!!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Did this GUIDE worked ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is on-board Graphics working ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does OSX SL run smoothly without a BIOS patch ?

• Yes
    • No

28 posts in this topic

Guide to Install iATKOS S3 [snow Leopard] in ASUS P5G41-M-LE

ASUS P5G41-M-LE

post-180098-1298227743_thumb.jpg

It is recommended by me to have a modded bios to run snow leopard on this board.

I didn't try with the official bios update but you can try it.

Please note that for this motherboard you need to have an external graphics card as many of them said that on-board graphics didn't worked. I already had XFX Nvidia 8600GT 1GB, so I didn't even try also, but you can try it out on your own.

You will need :

1. Download SLICS2.1 moodded bios :P5G41_M_LE_0506_SLICdsdt.zip

2. iATKOS S3 v2 DVD [ Snow Leopard 10.6.3]

Setting Up Ur BIOS:

Update ur Bios using the modded BIOS .ram file using the BIOS TOOLS which can be found in the BIOS under Tools Menu called "ASUS EZ Flash 2" as shown below

post-180098-1298819507_thumb.jpg

NEXT Adjust ur POWER OPTIONS from the screenshot :

post-180098-1298819633_thumb.jpg

GO INTO ONBOARD DEVICE CONFIGURATION [from the menu given in screenshot] and disable Serial and Parallel Ports.

post-180098-1298819758_thumb.jpg

Adjust Ur Boot Device Priority from the menu given below in Screenshot

post-180098-1298819861_thumb.jpg

Make 1st Boot Device as ur DVDRW drive and 2nd Boot Device to the HDD in which you are installing MAC

PRESS F10 to save BIOS setting and exit

Pre-Installation Setup

Insert the DVD and let it boot. Don't worry it will boot up fine to the MAC OSX installer. From the Utilities menu select disk Utilities -> select your hard disk -> click partition tab -> select the number of partitions as per your choice from the VOLUME SCHEME -> select the MAC OSX Extended (Journaled) format but don't forget the to click OPTIONS and set the GUIDE PARTITION TABLE. Hit apply and your HDD should be ready to install Snow Leopard :lol:

Close the Disk Utility.

post-180098-1298229137_thumb.png

INSTALLING MAC OSX SL

Select the HDD in the installer and click next -> accept the license agreement -> At this point you can hit customize to select any additional hardware drivers you need for you system but be sure that you are selecting correct divers or else you may end up with a boot error or kernel panic, so its not recommended by by me -> click install

Wait for the installer to complete and boot up from your HDD. Sound should be working fine and here is the Ethernet driver : Atl1ekext_x64_20100430.zip

Use Kext Helper Kext_Helper_b7.zip to easy install the above kext.

This will get your networking enabled in you motherboard.

Now for GRAPHICS it is recommended to buy a card that is well supported by OSX86. For more details check out the wiki of OSX86 project. You can use the EFI Studio to get your graphics enabled.

If you face Audio Problems, here is the driver : VoodooHDA.kext.zip <- This is working great :P

SOME SCREENSHOTS : :P

post-180098-1298820365_thumb.jpg

post-180098-1298820041_thumb.png

post-180098-1298819992_thumb.jpg

post-180098-1298820008_thumb.png

post-180098-1298820016_thumb.png

Thank a lot to Jack Kyle and insanelymac without whom this wouldn't have been ever possible. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This guide worked perfectly for me! Thanks for posting this, saved me a lot of trial and error. Updated to 10.6.7 with no changes!

Asus P5G41-M-LE

Intel Q8300 Quad core 2.5gig cpu

GKSkill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK 4 gigs ram

AOpen Nvidia 8800 GTX 768MB (used efistudio)

Ethernet working (used your driver and kext helper)

sound working

Loving my new Hackintosh.

Great forum :P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
This guide worked perfectly for me! Thanks for posting this, saved me a lot of trial and error. Updated to 10.6.7 with no changes!

Asus P5G41-M-LE

Intel Q8300 Quad core 2.5gig cpu

GKSkill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK 4 gigs ram

AOpen Nvidia 8800 GTX 768MB (used efistudio)

sound working

Loving my new Hackintosh.

Great forum :(

Thank you !!! Please spread the words among your friends that Asus P5G41-M-LE is best for HAKINTOSH and its also cheap. ;)

• Like 1

Thank you so much! Another success story here.

Worked with:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz

BFG Nvidia 8800GT 512 Memory (Used EFI Studio)

2 Gigs DDR2 800 Ram. (Need more of that)

Asus P5G41-M-LE

Sound works awesome

This board is incredible for Hackintosh! Great work Crazy About Mac! ;)

I am currently running 10.6.7. Are you guys going to try a Lion upgrade when it is out?

I installed iAtkos s3 v2 on this motherboard aswel, but I didnt need to use the bios that you supplied and it appears to all be working fine.

I have a GeForce 210 512mb but dont seem to be able to get it to work, any idea on how to do so? If not im thinking about just selling it and buying a 8400GS as there supposed to work without much mither.

I have a problem though with this motherboard. I was very excited to change my old and totally unsupported motherboard to Asus P5G41-M LE but after flashing the BIOS, setting everything fine and attaching an ATA hard drive as second device (the first is an DVD Rom) I am facing a problem booting. By that I mean the dvd boots, I see the boot menu, I press F8 and add the option -v (for verbous logging screen) and I am reaching at a point from where it does not continue even after a few hours wait:

Mac framework successfully initialized using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer readers

IO APIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [ S0 S3 S4 S5 ] (S3)

After that nothing else happens no matter what Mac OS X distribution I have tried - Hackintosh 10.6.6i patched and fully working on another pc box in the house, Kallyway 10.5.2, iAtkos s3 10.6.3

A bit more info about the configuration:

CPU: Intel Q8200 Dual Core Quadro

MB: Asus P5G41-M LE

Memory 2GB DDR2 667

LG DVD Drive (ATA)

Hard drive 80GB (ATA)

I will try in few minutes to boot in SATA as I do have another hard drive for testings, however I doubt the problem is in the drives. I have had problems finding hard drive devices and I know theu are lot further in the booting process.

If anybody have faced such problem and have an idea I would be glad to try that one. So far I cannot even reach the initial installation welcome screen. Will continue investigating further and keep you posted.

Good luck of every one succeeding to install and enjoying the power or Mac. I hope and wish you to have soon the Lion installed as I heard the Apple team have made hell lot of improvements in all directions - style, intuitive menus, core etc.

I have a problem though with this motherboard. I was very excited to change my old and totally unsupported motherboard to Asus P5G41-M LE but after flashing the BIOS, setting everything fine and attaching an ATA hard drive as second device (the first is an DVD Rom) I am facing a problem booting. By that I mean the dvd boots, I see the boot menu, I press F8 and add the option -v (for verbous logging screen) and I am reaching at a point from where it does not continue even after a few hours wait:

Mac framework successfully initialized using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer readers

After that nothing else happens no matter what Mac OS X distribution I have tried - Hackintosh 10.6.6i patched and fully working on another pc box in the house, Kallyway 10.5.2, iAtkos s3 10.6.3

Memory 2GB DDR2 667

LG DVD Drive (ATA)

Hard drive 80GB (ATA)

I will try in few minutes to boot in SATA as I do have another hard drive for testings, however I doubt the problem is in the drives. I have had problems finding hard drive devices and I know theu are lot further in the booting process.

If anybody have faced such problem and have an idea I would be glad to try that one. So far I cannot even reach the initial installation welcome screen. Will continue investigating further and keep you posted.

Good luck of every one succeeding to install and enjoying the power or Mac. I hope and wish you to have soon the Lion installed as I heard the Apple team have made hell lot of improvements in all directions - style, intuitive menus, core etc.

I have almost same setup as yourself, I used iatkos s3 v2, and did NOT flash my BIOS, I left it standard.

My installation went on without no issues.

I did however have to installed a PCI-E graphics card first, as the onboard one on this board will not work, and will cause the installation to hang.

Have you tried putting a PCI-E graphics card in?

Craig24, thanks for your reply. I did not try with PCIE video card as all the cards available are AGP only. It is weired though that when I was checking about this motherboard before buying it, I did found several happy installations over the net so I thought I would buy particularly this one and solve all the problems I have had before. Now I am a bit disappointed but will do my best to try with adding another video card and would report. The problem I think is not with the video as the booting stops at the ACPI recognition level. I have seen many others having that problem and some of them have also tried with other video.

When I tried to disable the ACPI options from the BIOS I moved a step further, however it stopped few lines later which is not a good sign though too.

Any other suggestions so far? I have tried to install the patched DSDT BIOS and will try in a minute with the SSv3. I have also updated my motherboard firmware to the latest ASUS default available, however I got exactly the same result. Will try with the latest I have found so far: Asus P5G41-M-LE-0506_SSv3.zip and will see what will happen.

One more bit of info - I have tried replacing ATA with SATA hard drive however the results were as I expected - no changes. It is not passing the hard drive recognition as far as it is stuck with ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Could the reason be in the CPU? Because I see S0, S3, S4 and S5 and I related them to the 4 cores of my CPU (I dunno whether I am wrong or right about this..)?

Any other ideas and/or suggestions are highly appreciated. I have no problems with my Ubuntu 11.04 as well as the Windows 7 modified by myself, however I would like to solve the puzzle and have a triple boot system for every aspect in my pc life.

Thanks in advance!

I used same motherboard.

Q9300 CPU

4GB DDR 2 Ram

Sata hard disk

Asus EN8400GS PCI-e graphics card

I just booted from the Atkos CD, and let it install with no options added.

Try the PCI-e graphics with sata hard disk and hopefully you will have a successful install.

I am sorry I cant help more, but I am very new to OSX, I read this topic, bought this board, and booted of the cd, and luckily everything went to plan.

Craig, you do not have to apologize. It does not really matter how good or bad you are with a particular OS but your willing to help :wacko: Thank you for that information and I would definitely try adding one PCIE video card and to see how it will go. Thank you very much for your info and I wish you soon to have the Lion fully operational. You know, to be honest I do not really know why I insist so much on Mac OS X, but one thing is sure, I am trying to make my wife escape from using Window$$ and switch into linux and/or Mac. At least it is a lot cheaper and waaaaay better option than the 100$ for a soft that needs 100000 updates later on the secure side of it. Will try few other things and will keep all posted.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried the new 10.6.8 update that came out today 6/23/2011? The others worked, so I hope this does. If I get the nerve to try it I will let you know how it went.

Well I couldn't resist so I answered my own question. It is running great on 10.6.8. In fact better. When I used to restart my dock would end up in the middle of the screen for some reason until I changed the refresh rate back and forth. Now it starts up fine. Everything seems to be working good for me. Good luck all!

In few days I will be a happy user of one Nvidia GT240 so I will give another try to my new MoBo and hope that will work. I did not yet checked the compatibility of this video card, however I doubt it will cause problems (well, I am heading to the database anyway as I did not checked last time for the motherboard and now I have just a tiny little problems even before installing it).

Thanks everyone for keeping the info posted. I hope I can join the team as soon as my video arrives. Will keep you posted too.

Now I am confirming too, that Asus P5NG41-M LE is perfectly working with Hackintosh 10.6.6i (I used patched version because this was the only one I kept because of my old pc). It did not worked out of the box, however with the VoodooHDA.kext the sound is more than perfect for me and with the proper kext for the network driver I am online and fully powered.

What I did was to add BFG Nvidia GeForce GT240 PCIe2.0 (the motherboard does not support 2.0PCIe, however as far as it is PCIe x16, the video card is working perfectly and the only thing to see its power is to disable first from the bios the built in video after what to connect the screen to the newly installed video card).

I tried to update the Hackintosh via Mac OS X updater however 10.6.8. brought to me a kernel panic. I guess I will have to download the update pack itself and give it another try, but I hope in few days to have he Lion Dev4 version as an ISO to give it a try.

Thanks to everyone for the help and I can confirm that this motherboard is not a waste of money.

Take care!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much! Another success story here.

Worked with:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz

BFG Nvidia 8800GT 512 Memory (Used EFI Studio)

2 Gigs DDR2 800 Ram. (Need more of that)

Asus P5G41-M-LE

Sound works awesome

This board is incredible for Hackintosh! Great work Crazy About Mac! :)

I am currently running 10.6.7. Are you guys going to try a Lion upgrade when it is out?

We will definitely try the new 10.6.7 as soon as it gets over App Store !!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I installed iAtkos s3 v2 on this motherboard aswel, but I didnt need to use the bios that you supplied and it appears to all be working fine.

I have a GeForce 210 512mb but dont seem to be able to get it to work, any idea on how to do so? If not im thinking about just selling it and buying a 8400GS as there supposed to work without much mither.

Is it working with the on-board GRAPHICS too ??? You can buy 8800GT or 9800GT, they are fully supported as well as powerful too ;)

Memory 2GB DDR2 667

LG DVD Drive (ATA)

Hard drive 80GB (ATA)

Please use SATA HDD, my 5 years of OSX86 installations experience gives me a sense that changing your drives to SATA will make the installation perfectly go smoothly!!!

THANK YOU and KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED ;)

Hi guys. It seems to be a long time since anybody have posted in this topic, so I have decided that it is right about the time to refresh the info and check if anybody of you have successfully updated his "Mac" to Lion. Right now I have finished downloading the retail .dmg image so I am about to give a try to update the Mac OS X from 10.6.6i (Hackintosh version) directly to Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). If that does not work, I shall try later to update the 10.6.6i to 10.6.8 after what to go further and update to lion. My first try to update to Lion did nothing more than just a file copy etc for 10-15minutes, offered restart and after what it just returned to 10.6.6i like I never did the update.

Now I am curious what will happen with the latest version as well as would it be possible to use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to boot the Mac installation and go directly to Lion instead of updating etc.

Now keep your fingers crossed and in a few hours from now I will know the results. Meanwhile if anybody of you have managed to get the Lion workinbg on Asus P5G41M-LE, please share your experience here or in private message if the details are more "spicey" :)

I've been working on getting my system with this board up and running. Graphics and audio work fine but for the life of me I can't get the ethernet drivers to work. I used the latest version of [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and tried the kext linked in this post but it either locks me out before even booting to the OS with some kind of kernel panic or it just doesn't detect that the hardware is present. If I run the System Info tool, it tells me that it's the Atheros AR 8121/AR8113/AR8114 Gigabit or Fast Ethernet, vendor ID 1969, device ID 1026.

I'd really like to find a kext that works and doesn't crash my system - help me out guys! thanks in advance.

I've been working on getting my system with this board up and running. Graphics and audio work fine but for the life of me I can't get the ethernet drivers to work. I used the latest version of [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and tried the kext linked in this post but it either locks me out before even booting to the OS with some kind of kernel panic or it just doesn't detect that the hardware is present. If I run the System Info tool, it tells me that it's the Atheros AR 8121/AR8113/AR8114 Gigabit or Fast Ethernet, vendor ID 1969, device ID 1026.

I'd really like to find a kext that works and doesn't crash my system - help me out guys! thanks in advance.

Don't worry pal, if you are on this motherboard just download the ethernet driver above where it says Atl1ekext_x64_20100430.zip and also the Kext_Helper_b7.zip.

Put both the files in the desktop after you extract them. Double Click on the Kext Utility icon and Drag the kext file into the application. Enter the password and hit easy install

HERE HAVE A LOOK AT THIS VIDEO =>

You Ethernet will be enabled. Please tell me your configuration. Is OSX running on onboard graphics over this board or you had to get a Video Card to make it work ???

Thank You and Best Of Luck !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, i found this tutorial last night after receiving my P5G41-M-LE for the sole purpose of creating a hackintosh. Here's my first predicament, when i load up Asus EZ Flash from the tools section as you do, it does not pick up my USB Stick, shall i jsut go ahead with the installer disc without using the modded bios or is there a way that you know of that could encourage it to appear on the list? i have tried it in both my front USB2.0 ports and the actual motherboard usb ports on the back, but nothing seems to help it, Thanks, Evan! :D

EDIT1: I booted with iATKOS S3 v2 disc, it took a while to load the installer (i thought it was hanging on the apple logo grey bg screen as i have experienced a lot with other computers) but did eventually boot the installer, i partitioned my drive, followed the guide word for word, then my pc restarted, with the install disc in it, while i was in the other room getting a drink (it said it would take another 7 minute so i thought i would be safe to get a drink but obviously not >.<), so i got back in, removed the disc and restarted the computer, but whenever i do i get a screen saying 'This computer needs to be restarted, so i do this, the exact same thing happens again. Please Help! Thanks, Evan.

EDIT2:Here is a picture of what i get when i try to restart now, >.< Thanks

post-862887-1314198995_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's my first try to install osx86, first of all sry for my english and noobish

Nice guide it helps me to install mac os. Sound works correctly. I didnt install moded BIOS

But i cant create PPPoe connection (i used your kext with kext helper (both versions "debug" and "retail")) but the connection didnt create in the left column. This trouble only with PPPoE, VPN creates correctly. I dont use any PCI card (except Zotac geforce 8600 gts 512 mb).

P.s i have dlink dir 320, all my other devises use wifi connection.

In windows 7 i have LAN connection as default (it's created by windows at first launch of it) and i can use ethernet and lan at the same time (as i configured in router)

ASUS P5G41-M-LE, core 2 duo e4500

Hope u'll help)