I don't understand

xdanisx

4 posts in this topic

Yes that's the readme with installation instructions for Chameleon, a patched version is included in one of the archives you're supposed to download.

Anyway be careful with that guide, it's outdated not to mention overly complicated. I already told you - in this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1641249

Alright, well I've been trying for the past few hours installing rc5 and the nv drivers. No luck. Not only am I still at 1280x800 but sound isn't working (even with HDenabler (or whatever)). I was doing 10.6.61 by Hazard, but I guess I'll try the retail 10.6 disk I have.

Alright, well I've been trying for the past few hours installing rc5 and the nv drivers. No luck.

If you want help with installing Chameleon, you're going to have to be a little more descriptive. It's rarely up to luck. :angel:

The nvidia drivers are easier, there's only one thing that can go wrong:

The installer will refuse to run if your model identifier is not MacPro3,1, 4,1 or 5,1 (I believe there's a blurb that says so on the download page). You can either change your model identifier in /extra/smbios.plist to match the requirements (changing model identifier will affect a ton of other stuff too though) or you can do it the quick and easy way; modify the installer so that it will run with the model identifier you're using now (to find your model identifier, see System Profiler):

Drag the installer off of the disk image, right click, show contents, open the file distribution.dist in a text editor and change the model identifier requirement to the one you're using (it should be obvious what to do once you open the file). Then save the file and you can run the installer.