Onboard GPU Clock: Manual
		 iGPU ENG Clock (MHz): 450
		 iGPU Shader Clock (MHz): 1100
		Memory Timings: Auto
	CPU Voltage: +0.02V
SouthBridge Configuration:
	iGPU Frame Buffer Detect: Disabled
	iGPU Frame Buffer Size: 512MB

I installed OS X with a second Mac. For [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], you have to enable "BIOS EHCI Hand-Off" and change USB mode to "FullSpeed". Install a bootloader of your choice and use my "Extra" folder. To get working sound, you have to replace "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext" with my one.

Not working:

- You get a removal warning if usb stick/disk is plugged-in during sleep (but USB is "build-in" and i tested several DSDT mods. i think its a hardware/Bios issue)

- There aren't any good drivers for wifi. i replaced my card with an Atheros AR5BXB72

Zotac.jpg

About 40-48°C in this case with this heatpipes...

717_hfx_micro_black_c.jpg

zotac_ionitx_p_e_v3.zip

• 1 month later...

ye now i see.. it's overclocked with buss 1,2ghz for memory and cpu.. so.. cpu runs @ 1.8ghz and ram @1,2ghz (standard is 1067)

nice overclock.. nice stability..

what type of ram do you have?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Anyone tried OS X Lion GM?

Thank you!

i think it will work normally like snow leopard, if you do a fresh install of snow leopard, it works good with stock kernel and kext

Ok, I got a spare harddisc...

- installed Lion GM with my MacBook to an external USB (S-ATA drive)

- copied /Extra to Lion HD

- installed new Chameleon (2.0-RC5 1138)

Result:

Lion booted, but no Audio

I replaced AppleHDA.kext with the AppleHDA.kext from the first post, which works with Snow Leopard.

Lion booted but I have no USB. Replaced AppleHDA.kext with the original one, but have no USB anymore.

Will do all steps again this week and enable SSH to get access to the log files.

Ok, I got a spare harddisc...

- installed Lion GM with my MacBook to an external USB (S-ATA drive)

- copied /Extra to Lion HD

- installed new Chameleon (2.0-RC5 1138)

Result:

Lion booted, but no Audio

I replaced AppleHDA.kext with the AppleHDA.kext from the first post, which works with Snow Leopard.

Lion booted but I have no USB. Replaced AppleHDA.kext with the original one, but have no USB anymore.

Will do all steps again this week and enable SSH to get access to the log files.

nice

what kext are you using?

nice

what kext are you using?

I use all the files from first post. I have problems with USB (not working) when using AppleHDA.kext from first post. Even VoodooHDA won't work (no USB too).

If I replace it with the original AppleHDA.kext USB will work, but have no sound.

Edit:

Now I copied back the orig. AppleHDA.kext again and booted Lion without problems. Now I'm on Lion GM! Even sleep will work, but I've no sound. It's really sad...

Edit2:

Back to Snow Leopard. I got a CMOS reset, sometimes it won't boot, sleep will not always work and I hear from time to time access to my DVD drive (no disc in drive).

I bought this "Hackintosh" because I can install fast, big and cheap 3.5" drives. Maybe Apple will help with the new Mac Mini with Thunderbolt and external Thunderbolt drives.

for me it works, i don't have a mac so, you can understand is hard for me to do a working machines.. but

you have to use this files

http://www.multiupload.com/XKDQ8N4XNL

sure, install lion, intall chameleon, put extra in root, boot :D

right, this files is setting for x64kernel, i'm trying to see if we could have driver issues, in x86 it's the same, the speed is the same, and the kernel uses less memory in cache cpu

for me, works kernel x86 and 64bit mode.. works sound (you have to change applehda with kextutility, then reboot, you'll see sound will works.. usb works (i have mouse and keyboard connectied to usb)

STOP FUNCTION DOESEN'T WORK, IF YOU PRESS IT SYSTEM FREEZES, AND YOU'LL NEED TO FORCE TURN OF PC BY CABLE. AFTER TURN OFF BIOS COMES TO FACTORY SETTING

if you find a kext witch can help us with this "stop" issue, you'll be helpfully

Thank you for the files, but no, it doesn't work. AppleHDA.kext from Snow Leopard can't work because of other API calls as I read in other posts.

Bios problem could be related on AppleRTC.kext as I read in other posts.

Maybe we should wait a bit if someone publish working kexts. It's not that bad for the first try.

i have a P-E with 4gb ram, and it works with those files.. i'm using lion right now into mbr partition

i do this step..

1) boot snow

2) do a partition in second HD with lion installation with mbr patch (and chameleon sure)

3) boot into lion and install into HD1 (mbr partition)

4) boot snow

5) install chameleon into Lion HD1 partition

6) put extra folder of my pakage in hd1 lion partition

7) boot lion HD1

8) configurating and use Applehda in this pack installed by KextUtility

9) reboot

10) all works.. except stop function

• 2 weeks later...
10) all works.. except stop function

What do you mean by stop function?

Does it shutdown by selecting shutdown in the menu?

Does it Restart using menu?

Does it Sleep using menu?

I'm thinking of updating but won't until shutdown/restart/sleep functions work.

BTW thanks for the guide.

-

AB

What do you mean by stop function?

Does it shutdown by selecting shutdown in the menu?

Does it Restart using menu?

Does it Sleep using menu?

I'm thinking of updating but won't until shutdown/restart/sleep functions work.

BTW thanks for the guide.

-

AB

sleep function for me is stop function, i see stop command in the apple menù.. sleep doesen't work, if you try it pc freezes

shutdown works good, as restart do

so, you can restart and shut down as a normal function, stop (sleep) doesen't work you have to find a valid one kext (i don't use sleep mode, i shut down the pc if i don't use it)

all others works

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I also have a Zotac IONITX-P-E motherboard at home, which is running xbmc on linux at the moment.

I was planning on reïnstalling it with mac os x, to use it for 3 things:

- Itunes home sharing

- Plex Media Server

- Plex Media Center

I was wondering if you were running plex media center (and maybe plex media server) and how well it was running.

Tnx.