Problem with MS Multimedia Keyboard

8 posts in this topic

Hi There,

i have a small problem with my MS Multimedia Keyboard and the hotkeys on it. I've installed intellitype 6 for Mac OS and set the "Volume+" and "Volume-" to "iTunes Volume up" and "iTunes Volume down". But when i push the hotkeys i only see the mac os internal volume bar in the middle of the screen going down or up, but the volume of itunes stays at the same level. Is it maybe a problem, that i am using the spdif out of the soundblaster live usb?

Can anybody help?

PS: The Play/Pause, Stop, Next & Forward Keys are also not working.

Now i've written an applescript to control the itunes volume, but i cant asign the script to the volume +/- keys of the keyboard. if i set them to that, it controls again the system volume... grrrrrrr!

I see, i have to buy a new keyboard to have back my loved volume control of the keyboard.. :(

• 1 year later...

Same problem, but I think I found the cause. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it.

In System Preferences, bring up the MS Intellitype panel.

From there, there are three little buttons at the top: One for the keyboard, one for the mouse, and one for help (I thought they were just decorations at first, and didn't realize you could click on them).

When you click on the keyboard button, there's an option to get "More Information." Do this, and it says it can't find any MS keyboards. Bingo, there's the problem!

Now, does someone else know how to fix this?

Nevermind, I found the answer in another thread. Namely, that I need to use the USB instead of PS2 connector :)

That makes all the multimedia keys work, but my keyboard doesn't power on until after OS X is already loading, so now I can't enter the BIOS settings or choose boot time kernel options or anything like that. Something with how the MB I have powers USB devices, I think.