• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

tricky1

tricky1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Just to try and make it easier for people to find, I figured I'd type up the method that worked for me(and seems most logical)

Step 1. Acquire a copy of the Leopard Preview DMG(your on your own)
Step 2. Use Boot Camp to non-destructively partiton your startup disc
Step 3. Mount the image
Step 4. Open Disk Utility
Step 5. Erase/Format the Partition created by Boot Camp as a Mac OSX Filesystem(Journaled)
Step 6. Click and select the image of Leopard from the list at the left.
Step 7. Goto Convert and Convert to a "DVD/CD Master", This will add .cdr to the end of the filename
Step 8. Drag the newly created .cdr to the left side of Disc Utility, Insert a fresh DL-DVD, then select the image and click the yellow burn button, or goto "Images>Burn" in the top bar.
Step 9. After burning you can either Click on the "Install Mac OSX" icon on the new DVD and restart, or you can restart and start off of the DVD by holding down the C key on the keyboard, or by holding the option key to select the startup disc.

I hope this helps some people out, feel free to point out/add anything(s) I may have missed here.

MacZero

MacZero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hello,

Use Boot Camp to non-destructively partiton your startup disc

does this work on a none intel machine too?

ras

ras

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hello,

does this work on a none intel machine too?

Nope, sorry, it uses the GUID (or what's it called) table that's only available to Intel Macs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy