• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Masna

Masna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Dear all... I need to know, once and for all, if I can make a Leopard partition using Boot Camp. If so, how? I can't afford to totally repartition. So?

Thanks in advance.

Masna

Masna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Bump. Please, someone, I need to know!

Or, is there another way I can partition my drive without losing what I already have?

tricky1

tricky1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Boot Camp 1.1(New Beta that was released today) will non-destructively partition your drive by default. Basically(my guess anyway) is that it resizes the free space of the primary partition and then creates a new one from the resulting. In otherwords partition-on my friend.

Also to install Leopard, you will have to format the new partition(that Boot Camp makes) as a Mac OS after it is created...other than that just install the dvd/image as normal

Masna

Masna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Boot Camp 1.1(New Beta that was released today) will non-destructively partition your drive by default. Basically(my guess anyway) is that it resizes the free space of the primary partition and then creates a new one from the resulting. In otherwords partition-on my friend.

Also to install Leopard, you will have to format the new partition(that Boot Camp makes) as a Mac OS after it is created...other than that just install the dvd/image as normal

How can I format it for Mac OS?

Masna

Masna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Anyone? All I need to know is how to format a Boot Camped partition for Mac (I'm going to use this as my Leopard partition).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy