DELL L701X GUIDE!
a guide for install Snow Leopard and create a fantastic hackintosh (HEAVY) laptop.
CPU : Intel Core i7-740M
Chipset : Intel Ibex Peak-M HM57, Intel Lynnfield
RAM : 4GB DDR3-1333 (2X2 - 2Slot free)
Video : NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M (3072 MB)
Monitor : 1600X900
Audio : Realtek ALC665
HD : 500GB Sata
WiFi : Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN (switched to Dell 1510, works OOB)
Ethernet : Gigabit Ethernet Realtek 8168
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M (3072 MB)
- HDMI Video out
- Realtek ALC665
- Gigabit Ethernet Realtek 8168
- 2MP Webcam
- Synaptic TrackPad (with 2 finger scrolling)
- USB Ports (all 2.0 and 3.0)
- Deep Sleep (But No USB2 ports after resume!)
What not work:
- Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN (switched to Dell 1510, works OOB)
- Sata Port (Not Tested, but probably work)
- SDCard Reader (Not Tested)
- HDMI Audio out
- Display Port (Not Tested)
- DVB-T card (Not Tested, but probably not work)
GeekBench v2.1.12 result: 5200
XBench 1.3 (Without HD)result: 130
- Use nawcom Mod CD 0.3.1 and a 10.6.3 DVD or USB image.
NOTE: if you use like me a Installation from USB, don't use USB3 port.
NOTE: deselect custom option in OSX installation from nawcom before install.
Install on the first partition on an MBR or GPT HD.
- After the installation Finish, reboot, and start the partition with nawcom.
- Copy all necessary files on your desktop (USB not work after 10.6.6 installation)
- Install 10.6.6 Combo Update dowloaded From Apple Website
- Reboot and restart your partition with Nawcom.
- Now, install Chameleon, i have used r699 by iReset, Downloaded Here
Copy Extra Folder from attached file in your root.
Delete AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext in System/Library/Extensions of your installation partition.
Copy the files in "System-Lib-Ext" from attached file in System/Library/Extensions
Run Kext Utility for repair permissions, recreate system cache And Reboot.
- Boot From Your Installed Partition
- Now install tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update, I have used 1.0.1(current).
- Now install Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx Driver
NOTE: If you want DeepSleep, open Terminal and type: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 5
NOTE: In the attached files is present a .icc for LG LCD panel Profile from ironnerd(notebookreview.com)
NOTE: Probably this guide works also for L401X and L501X with i7-740QM or i7 840QM CPU.
- DSDT enhancement (nedd help for USB2 sleep problem)
- DSDT from MaLd0n and Nexos™ in the pack default is the MaLd0n one.
- removed Lan from pack and added to the guide
- most recent FakeSMC and intel kext (tnx MaLd0n)
- other little things
- Removed VoodooHDA
- New patched DSDT (i patched the MaLd0n) for support ALC665 natively. (TNX vladlenas)
- New AppleHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext. (TNX vladlenas)
- Reverted to 64bit.