Ethernet IntelPRO 100 Ve and Realtek ALC861 not working

AndrésMao

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I have macosx86 10.4.4/5 update on my laptop is a Toshiba A105-s4064 with Realtek ALC861 and NIC Intel/Pro 100 Ve. I´ve tried all the forum's solutions,like overwriting the file AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (for Audio) and AppleIntel8255x.kext (for Ethernet) and no one works. So anybody can tell me if is possible make this items work properly???

Anybody can send me a link or a simple instruction..... what else can i do for??

Please help me..! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Had same problem on a Dell Dimension 5150(E510) with Intel Pro/100 VE

Found the following guide on a Japanese site

1) Start Terminal

2) sudo -s

3) cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns <enter>

4) nano AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist <enter>

5) Under <key>IOPCIMatch</key> Add <string>0x10518086 0x27DC8086</string>

6) kextload AppleIntel8255x.kext <enter>

7) rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache <enter>

8) kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions <enter>

9) reboot

NIC working...

IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255X/Contents/Info.plist

5) Under <key>IOPCIMatch</key> Add <string>0x10518086 0x27DC8086</string>

Rather than guessing what string to add to the AppleIntel8255X file, find the vendor id and device id of your ethernet card. In Windows, go to Device Manager and find the ethernet card. Go to Properties and then click on the Details tab. Get the 4-digit VEN id (should be 8086) and 4-digit DEV id.

Build your string as follows: 0x + (DEV id) + (VEN id) = something like 0x10518086

Then use it as specified above.

• 10 months later...
Rather than guessing what string to add to the AppleIntel8255X file, find the vendor id and device id of your ethernet card. In Windows, go to Device Manager and find the ethernet card. Go to Properties and then click on the Details tab. Get the 4-digit VEN id (should be 8086) and 4-digit DEV id.

Build your string as follows: 0x + (DEV id) + (VEN id) = something like 0x10518086

Then use it as specified above.

I just tried finding out my device ID for my Ethernet Card. Loaded system via Knoppix Live CD and ran, lspci command, got the code, as 10388086. Followed Rammjet procedure but still Ethernet won't work. I've exhausted all possibilities that I could think of... I need one of you Gurus' advice. Please .....