BCM5722, BCM5754/M, BCM5755/M, BCM5787/M and BCM5906/M NIC driver (32/64-bit)

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:Cats

Sorry, I can't open it because the file is corrupted which is a known issue of IORegistryExplorer 3.x. Please use version 2.x.

Mieze

hjudT

hjudT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry, here is dump taken with IOReg v2.1

Attached Files

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 512 posts

@hjudT: Looks like you managed to disable MSI completely on our machine. Not a single device has a MSI attached to it. What did you do?

Next, you should rethink your kernel flags.

<string>-v -f PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 DSDT=null</string>

In order to boot ML you only need one flag

<string>slide=0</string>

-v might be helpful too, but is not essential. -f is only needed in case of an emergency when your machine doesn't boot without. 

Mieze

hjudT

hjudT

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi Mieze,

Thanks for your quick response. The BIOS of this machine has been modified to enable the VT-X menus, and also the DSDT has been patched

If interested, here are the details (I am running BIOS1.13 MOD)

http://forum.noteboo...st-3-print.html

Perhaps during the patching they managed to disable MSI completely. I would like to keep this BIOS as it gives VT-X, but

from your answer I understand I also need MSI to be present.

Question:

Is it something that can be done by comparing the original vs patched BIOS, extract a DSDT from the machine with DSDT Editor,

add the missing info and boot with DSDT=<name-of-the-cooked-file>.aml   ??

Mieze

Mieze

Giant Cat

• Coders
  • 512 posts

Hi Mieze,

Thanks for your quick response. The BIOS of this machine has been modified to enable the VT-X menus, and also the DSDT has been patched

If interested, here are the details (I am running BIOS1.13 MOD)

http://forum.noteboo...st-3-print.html

Perhaps during the patching they managed to disable MSI completely. I would like to keep this BIOS as it gives VT-X, but

from your answer I understand I also need MSI to be present.

Question:

Is it something that can be done by comparing the original vs patched BIOS, extract a DSDT from the machine with DSDT Editor,

add the missing info and boot with DSDT=<name-of-the-cooked-file>.aml   ??

Although I don't know what they did to the BIOS I couldn't imagine that someone disabled MSI completely on purpose because it would set back the system architecture by at least one decade. Every modern OS relies on MSI instead of the old school interrupt scheme. 

First, I would clean up the boot flags, next check the BIOS settings again and finally take a look at the DSDT.

Mieze

bax89

bax89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

sorry but anyone have kext for BCM5784M for ML 10.8.5?

i found this one
http://www.insanelym...ad/79-bcm5722d/
but doesn't work when i install with kext wizard 

ps: whit ML 10.8.5 it's work

claudiuh

claudiuh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello? Where can i find a working kext for 57785 that works with 10.9.2? I found this:

http://www.insanelym...781-1092-13c44/

There is a comment there saying it works with 57785 after adding string 16b5. I tried doing that but i am new to this and i do not know if i've done it right. Can someone help please?  

drummerboy46

drummerboy46

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I'm currently running Mavericks on my Dell XPS Studio 8100 Desktop PC.

This driver works fine until I put the PC to sleep, upon wake en1 disconnects and I can only seem to get it back on a reboot.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to fix the problem?

Please help.

Benjudas

Benjudas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I'm currently running Mavericks on my Dell XPS Studio 8100 Desktop PC.

This driver works fine until I put the PC to sleep, upon wake en1 disconnects and I can only seem to get it back on a reboot.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to fix the problem?

Please help.

Yes, you can solve it with SleepWatcher 2.2 and editing rc.sleep and rc.wake  scripts like this:

rc.sleep:

sudo ifconfig en1 down

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BCM5722D.kext

rc.wake:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BCM5722D.kext
sudo ifconfig en1 up

I get sleep working in this way.
Good hack.

drummerboy46

drummerboy46

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thanks for the info.

It took quite a bit of fiddling about to get working, namely due to the fact the docs don't mention you need to "touch" the rc files, which marks them as executable. Once i'd done this all was good.

http://tyhoffman.com...ven-automation/

So now I have a complete Mavericks installation running off the internal drive, it also dual boots to Windows 8.1 update via the Chimera bootloader.

It's about as unhacked as a hackmac can be, so i'll be able to run system updates with little worry.

CPU: i7 2.9Ghz - working

Sound: HDA Audio - all ports working

GFX: AMD HD 5000 - working

Ethernet (en1): BCM5581 - working with sleepwatcher

80211: working

Intel RAID: striping removed, defaults to AHCI. GPT Partitioned Drive 0 for OSX. MBR partitioned Drive 1 for WIndows 8.1.

Sleep/Reboot/Shutdown - no issues.

Firewire/USB/eSATA/Card reader - no issues.

Very happy!

M.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

I am going to test this now on my HP XW6600 Workstation (2 x Quad Xeons) with 14e4,167b (5755 NetXtreme).

Results shortly.

PS. I need to roll back IOPCIFamily I think, to get SiliconImage3114 4port SATA PCI card working. My ASM1061 SATA 3.0 card works (and boots) fine, but I have no optical drive from only 2 ports :-(

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Working nicely on my XW6600 Workstation (HP). Does not work after sleep/wake, but the kext can be unloaded, reloaded manually. PS. Sleep works perfectly on this machine with stock 10.9.2 and no DSDT.

namvan

namvan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

The kext works perfectly for me on for Mavericks 10.9.3 on Aspire 4740G CORE i3 with BroadCom 57780.

My best wishes to the owner of this topic. Many thanks.

Hi,

I've decided to scratch an itch and develop a driver for my nic(5787m). Although there has been a working driver for the card, it is a hexedited version which i thought is not a permanent solution :).

This driver is implemented based on the BCM5722 Programmer's Guide provided in Broadcom's open source developer resource. Additional information is gleaned from Linux(tg3) and FreeBSD(if_bge) driver. Since the manual covers more than one model, i decided to include support for some of the models documented.

It should support the following models:

• BCM5722
  • BCM5754
  • BCM5754M
  • BCM5755
  • BCM5755M
  • BCM5787
  • BCM5787M #
  • BCM5906 #
  • BCM5906M #

rani21

rani21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Thanks for the BCM5787_on.zip Applescript. It has finally got my Ethernet working on my HP 6710b with onboard BCM5787M :) :) :)

The Wifi with a BCM4321 card is working too. I used iAtkos S3 V2 to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on the laptop ( Thanks too iAtkos)! If the WiFi Quick Launch button is stuck off, go into BIOS and enable LAN/WLAN switching, reboot, then restart and re-enter BIOS and select Default Settings; this gets the little blue WiFi light back on after the next boot (Thanks Albatros Krasniqi on YouTube).

I've got Leo 10.5.8 and Windows 7 Pro 64bit working on two other partitions.

PS By installing the BCM5722D.kext with my Snow Leopard 10.6.3 I don't need to use tcpdump for the connection. Great! Thanks Adlan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy