BCM5722, BCM5754/M, BCM5755/M, BCM5787/M and BCM5906/M NIC driver (32/64-bit)

adlan

251 posts in this topic

Would it be possible to have a look on my problem.

I´ve to wait after a shutdown about 10 - 30 Seconds until i can restart the computer, otherwise the driver doesn´t detects the MAC Address of the network card. ( a restart is not possible if i want to have a working network)

I'm afraid that I can't offer you much help on that point. Someone with access to the hardware and sufficient knowledge will have to track down the cause of this strange behavior before I can add a patch. At first glance it appears to be an error in the driver's initialization or shutdown sequence but this theory still lacks verification.

Mieze

The driver does not work after waking from sleep. Network prefs reports "Cable Unplugged" after wake regardless of cable status.

Hello. What model of card and version of Mac do you have?

Does it happen with previous versions of driver as well?

Don't you use some crutches such as SleepEnabler and so on.

Is your card detected as built-in by system?(maybe you should do some cosmetic in DSDT)

The driver does not work after waking from sleep. Network prefs reports "Cable Unplugged" after wake regardless of cable status.

If you have ML, try debug version, it may give a hind what happens.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/247470-bcm5722-bcm5754m-bcm5755m-bcm5787m-and-bcm5906m-nic-driver-3264-bit/?p=1923227

Using MacPro4,1. Clover bootloader. WOL enabled in BIOS and Energy Saver. Using patched AppleRTC, AICPUPowerManagement, modified IOPCIFamily and AppleACPI rollback kexts. Ethernet did not work after sleep on last revision either. I will try debug version tonight (any chance debug can be added as a plist seting?).

ethernet:

Type:    ethernet
  Bus:    PCI
  Slot:    PCI Slot@5,0,0
  Vendor ID:    0x14e4
  Device ID:    0x167b
  Subsystem Vendor ID:    0x17aa
  Subsystem ID:    0x1022
  Revision ID:    0x0002
  Link Width:    x1
  BSD name:    en0
  Kext name:    BCM5722D.kext
  Version:    2.3.4

Broadcom NetLink BCM57780 Gigabit Ethernet Controller:

Name:	ethernet
  Type:	Ethernet Controller
  Bus:	PCI
  Slot:	Built In
  Vendor ID:	0x14e4
  Device ID:	0x1692
  Subsystem Vendor ID:	0x1025
  Subsystem ID:	0x0308
  Revision ID:	0x0001
  Link Width:	x1
  BSD name:	en1
  Kext name:	BCM5722D.kext
  Location:	/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BCM5722D.kext
  Version:	2.3.4

Hmm. Maybe you should try to put BCM5722D into plugins of IONF? 

And I think it should be detected as Build-in. Do some cosmetic of DSDT or fix_lan of Clover(analog of EthernetBuiltIn)

I've found a little bug in last version 2.3.4.

If Ethernet cable is unplugged before swithcing on.

I'll take care of it. enable() needs to call

setLinkStatus(kIONetworkLinkValid, 0);

in order to inform the network stack that the link is down.

I'll also add method

void BCM5722D::systemWillShutdown(IOOptionBits specifier)

{

DebugLog("systemWillShutdown() ===>\n");

if ((kIOMessageSystemWillPowerOff | kIOMessageSystemWillRestart) & specifier)

disable(netIface);

DebugLog("systemWillShutdown() <===\n");

/* Must call super shutdown or system will stall. */

super::systemWillShutdown(specifier);

}

so that the driver will shut down the adapter properly when the system is going to shutdown or restart. This might also resolve the reboot issue.

Mieze

Thank you for that you'll take care of it.

Maybe it will even quicken shut down and reboot.

Today I will lay out the driver for Mavericks which was compiled by Xcode-5 when I get home.

Thank you for everything!

As I was every busy during the weekend and had no time for further progress, I send you my latest sources including the patches I described.

Mieze

BCM5722D-Mieze 2.zip

• Like 1

@ Mieze

Really great!! The reboot problem seems to be gone now, will test it a little bit more.

A other thing:

The newest clover version causes that the card isn´t detected as it should (like on the reboot problem but all the time)

1835 is working, 1888 is´nt....

Strange thing.....

But could be a clover bug....

EDIT:

There are still problems if i shutdown my system and start it immediatly, reboot seems to work.

As I was every busy during the weekend and had no time for further progress, I send you my latest sources including the patches I described.

Mieze

Thank you the bug with yellow light was solved. If you have extra ideas how to improve the driver else we will be glad to try it.

Now driver works good! :)

Now I attached 2.3.5 version. But only for 64-bit systems. Becuase Xcode 5 dosen't want to compilit it for 32-bit systems.

Lion_BCM5722D.kext.zip

MavericksBCM5722D.kext.zip

ML_BCM5722D.kext.zip

SL_BCM5722D.kext.zip

v2.3.5soursesBCM5722D.zip

@ Mieze

Really great!! The reboot problem seems to be gone now, will test it a little bit more.

A other thing:

The newest clover version causes that the card isn´t detected as it should (like on the reboot problem but all the time)

1835 is working, 1888 is´nt....

Strange thing.....

But could be a clover bug....

EDIT:

There are still problems if i shutdown my system and start it immediatly, reboot seems to work.

Please send me a Clover bootlog of version 1835 (working) and 1888 (not working) together with you clover config.

Mieze

Hello.

Is MavericksBCM5722D.kext useful to ASRock Z77E ITX Broadcom BCM57781 on 10.9 DP?

No, because the BCM57781 doesn't belong to the BCM5722 family of devices and has a different architecture.

Mieze

I see. I've tried my working patched AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext from 10.8.4 with no success in DP 10.9. Any suggestions?

You'll have to patch AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext from 10.9. Of course this will result in that ugly signature verification failure error message (what a word!).

Mieze

It should work as I have BCM57780 and it works good. Though driver doesn't support my card technically. 

On the whole try it, it should work for you.

Good luck!

it doesn't work. Ethernet shows connected locally (yellow), and by manually setting (even if it shows connected - green) doesn't work either.

You'll have to patch AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext from 10.9. Of course this will result in that ugly signature verification failure error message (what a word!).

Mieze

How can I do that?

it doesn't work. Ethernet shows connected locally (yellow), and by manually setting (even if it shows connected - green) doesn't work either.

How can I do that?

Try to take out and stick into Ethernet cable and recreate Ethernet service(press on minus after plus).

By the way. AppleBCM5701 can stop offen  and not to work after sleep. I bumped into it some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks for writing a kext for my BCM 57785 ethernet card. I'm using 10.9 DP1 and I've just tested your kext BCM57722D 2.3.5 for Mavericks. The system released my card but it doesn't work. I try to use my settings on 10.8 but there's still no luck. My problem shows in these pictures. Could you fix that? I really appreciate it :)

post-1086340-0-07139600-1372867331_thumb.png

post-1086340-0-53267800-1372867358_thumb.png

post-1086340-0-70766200-1372867384_thumb.png

post-1086340-0-37076800-1372867411_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

i really could use 32 bit as i am toshing an old xps m1710 with geforce 7900 that dont work in 64 bit.. snow   :wink_anim:

I afraid I cannot compile any 32-bit drivers at Mavericks. And I have not so much time to set up Virtual Mac and Xcode. But I think you can make it on your own.

1) Download the Xcode

2) Download the project

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/79-bcm5722d/

3) Open it. Perhaps Xcode will suggest you to update the settings. Agree with that.

4) Change  Archictures, Base SDK and OSX Development target as it is shown at the screenshot.

post-974387-0-03504400-1374090817_thumb.png

5) Product-> Build For->Archiving

6) Find your version here. At the folder named Release, (not Debug)

post-974387-0-66408800-1374090841_thumb.png

7) Attached your version here if it works

Good Huck!

Hi. Thanks for writing a kext for my BCM 57785 ethernet card. I'm using 10.9 DP1 and I've just tested your kext BCM57722D 2.3.5 for Mavericks. The system released my card but it doesn't work. I try to use my settings on 10.8 but there's still no luck. My problem shows in these pictures. Could you fix that? I really appreciate it :)

Hello.

1) Does 2.3.5 work at the ML?

2) Does the old driver work at the Mavericks?

http://www.osx86.net/view/3074-bcm5722d.kext.html

• Like 1