On legality and Leopard...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Due to consultation with the EFF, we believe it prudent to remove any threads and/or posts that pertain to the downloading of leaked versions of Leopard.

As you all know, we don't support the sharing of copyrighted materials - we simply open this forum for you to talk about the things you like. When those things interfere with Apple's intellectual property, however, we have to act.

What does this mean? Well, it means that for the time being, everyone is free to discuss what they want about Leopard. Due to the recent court rulings regarding ThinkSecret et al, we believe that Apple will allow discussion of upcoming features by those not bound by a non-disclosure agreement.

The bottomline is this: we want to keep this forum a friendly and free place for you to discuss the things that matter to you the most. In order for us to do this, we have to take the common sense measures to protect you and ourselves.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

-Mash

ntnwwnet

ntnwwnet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Good call.

dtrinh

dtrinh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
at least they got a good 90+ pages in :D

camsna

camsna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
THAT'S where the thread went. I thought I had gone NUTTS! Sure was nice while it lasted :)

Adrian Fogge

Adrian Fogge

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 794 posts
Yep, nice from the perspective of being HIGHLY illegal due to the nazi-esque legal system in place in the United States... Sure makes me proud to be a Canadian, where atleast I know I'm free... (and yada, yada, yada.)

sHARD>>

sHARD>>

All we are is dust in the wind...

• Retired
  • 976 posts

Sure makes me proud to be a Canadian, where atleast I know I'm free... (and yada, yada, yada.)

Bwhaha, that's a good one.

Lostgame

Lostgame

Lostgame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Programming, game design, OSX, music design, photo editing, movie making.<br /><br /...

Am I the only one with a legal copy of Leopard?

trav1085

trav1085

ハーカー

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:Computers, hacking, system security, programming, apache, webserver, macs, pc, osx86, vista, dos...
You probably are... I don't know how many people are paying registred developers and went to WWDC. I'm assuming your a developer though...

Lostgame

Lostgame

Lostgame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Programming, game design, OSX, music design, photo editing, movie making.<br /><br /...

You probably are... I don't know how many people are paying registred developers and went to WWDC. I'm assuming your a developer though...

Yeah, I went, I wasn't too happy with the Keynote, like most people, but, unlike most people, I got to fool around with Core Animation, so that's good.

ResX

ResX

InsanelyHack

• Retired
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, People, Macs
Im glad to see that insanelymac is allowing us to discuss leopard, despite where we obtained it.

sev7en

sev7en

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:AIEN
Nice one.

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts
great for not getting shut down mash :P i always like to hear that a forum i like hasnt been shut down

slapstick

slapstick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I do wonder if we will see a crackdown by Apple when this new leaked build will come down to the average bittorrent trackers. Previous Select (non-WWDC) builds were always pretty heavily hunted.

webmonkey44

webmonkey44

geek++

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Christian music &amp; computers all sorts...
I HATE piracy!

mr.manatane

mr.manatane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Me too ...

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
fascists.

mr.manatane

mr.manatane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
thiefs ...

mac-mini

mac-mini

1337 avatar made by Prawker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
wow that was random...

Sondless

Sondless

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,318 posts
  • Interests:surfing, macs, skating, scheming

I HATE piracy!

Me too ...

why? does it hurt anyone ? it is providing you software and other stuff.

mr.manatane

mr.manatane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

why? does it hurt anyone ? it is providing you software and other stuff.

Really simple
1) You like the software so you think it worth its money and you pay for it (because they have made a good job).
2) You think the software is too expensive for what you get so don't use it, and use alternatives (like linux).

When you want to buy a car, you don't STEAL a lamborghini, you just buy a car that fit your budget.
When you want to buy some food but you think it's too expensive, you don't STEAL it, you just buy another one.

What happens if everybody use piracy software ?
How the new release of Mac OS X you are all crying for will be out with no money for developpers dude ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy