UL30VT on 10.6.6

b0cks

8 posts in this topic

So I just about had everything working, except for the Ethernet and the Audio.

I still have no clue how to get those two working, but here is what I did to get wireless, native resolution, battery, etc working.

iAtkos S3 10.6.3

I installed this with the defaults, plus the Apple PS2 controller and Battery.

I used the 10.6.6 combo updater, then before restarting used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Reboot.

Then I got the Atheros kext from kexts.com and the X3100 kext from elsewhere on this forum.

Install, reboot.

THis gave me everything but ethernet and sound.

Anyone have any advice?

Hi,

It looks like you're one of the most recent postings anywhere for the UL30VT. I just got mine last week, and I'm just now finding the time to install SL. I'm installing via iatkos as I write this.

Did you switch your SATA setting to "Compatible" at any point? I've read in other forums about doing this for the 210m to work in full resolution, and I think also qe/ci. What did the x3100 do for you?

Thanks.

So I just about had everything working, except for the Ethernet and the Audio.

I still have no clue how to get those two working, but here is what I did to get wireless, native resolution, battery, etc working.

iAtkos S3 10.6.3

I installed this with the defaults, plus the Apple PS2 controller and Battery.

I used the 10.6.6 combo updater, then before restarting used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Reboot.

Then I got the Atheros kext from kexts.com and the X3100 kext from elsewhere on this forum.

Install, reboot.

THis gave me everything but ethernet and sound.

Anyone have any advice?

• 2 months later...

Yes, SATA should be set to compatible or nVidia graphics cannot be used.

I attached a zip with some UL50VT kexts. The Ethernet card may be different but at least the audio should work ^_^

You'll need these for the Ethernet:

IONetworkingFamily.kext

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext

To get the audio working copy these files to your /Extras directory

smbios.plist

com.apple.Boot.plist

dsdt.aml

AND install these kexts:

IOAudioFamily.kext

AppleHDA.kext

None of these files are made/modified by me so:

ALL CREDITS GO TO: :)

Whoever made the OSx86 Wiki entry

assasin996 youtuber

UL50VT.zip

• 1 month later...
Are Files from assasin996 youtuber working fine for UL30VT?

If they are, Why I don't get sound? and Why do I have to boot from -f?

Please Help.

Thank you.

I don't get sound either unless I manually select the OSX from Chameleon (not just letting the timer expire)

Weird..

• 4 months later...
I don't get sound either unless I manually select the OSX from Chameleon (not just letting the timer expire)

Weird..

Dang, cant believe I totally missed this thread. So the ul30vt is currently capable of running 10.6.6 with qe/ci and sound? Dare I ask if you guys tried upgrading to lion or even 10.6.8? My current install of win7 is screwed up and I was postponing formatting/reinstall but if snow leopard is up and running, i'd be interested again.

so does it run on discrete graphics at all times under 10.6.6? peace.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm going to try this out. Not super pumped to be giving up my 9ish hours of battery life though. Is there no way to run a script to shut off the nvidia card and use the Intel card?

Also, does sleep work properly?

Intel graphics for our ULX0-VT are intel HD4500, there is no such kext for that (at least until now).

you can just use intel, but with no QE/CI, no native resolution.

our chance are our nVidia G210M. I'm on my way there.