• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

flacker

flacker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Has anybody had a chance to try this machine? Might serve as a faux airbook :censored2: ?

(It features the new AMD E350 "Zacate" CPU which has an integral Radeon HD 6310 GPU. A few other similarly-equipped netbooks are in the works by other manufacturers, too.
You can read about the HP here.)

lolsjoel

lolsjoel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Also interested in a response here. This computer is on sale at HP.com.

tascokid

tascokid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have one of these notebooks, it's pretty nice. When I get my hands on another drive I'll give it a shot, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

tascokid

tascokid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm in the midst of an iATKOS install (v7). Used -v cpus=1 to get the install started...so far, so good. Will report back when further progress is made.

TK

nikka

nikka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So how did it go?

tascokid

tascokid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So how did it go?

So far, no success.

I've tried a number of options, but every time the result is the same: on the first reboot after the install I get the apple logo and then nothing. I've tried every switch I could find that seemed applicable, but still no glory. I'm trying again with other kernels to see if there's any luck to be had there.

What's frustrating is that I know it can work at some level because at the very least the video works with during the install. So I know there's a way to overcome the problem, the real question is do I have enough patience to keep trying?

nikka

nikka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So far, no success.

I've tried a number of options, but every time the result is the same: on the first reboot after the install I get the apple logo and then nothing. I've tried every switch I could find that seemed applicable, but still no glory. I'm trying again with other kernels to see if there's any luck to be had there.

What's frustrating is that I know it can work at some level because at the very least the video works with during the install. So I know there's a way to overcome the problem, the real question is do I have enough patience to keep trying?

Thanks man I appriciate your work as I don't know the first thing. I was torn between buying a rufurbed studio 14z and this purly because of OSX86 compatibility and then I went for the DM1z. Its a great little machine. Would be beutiful with osx on it.

ozl

ozl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I installed Snow Leopard on an Acer notebook with AMD E350 last week just to check it out, and for now i havent looked for kexts or a way to make the Wifi or Ethernet cards work, GPU is not giving me anything but normal ugly resolution, and battery power drops from 6 hrs to 2 and a half FULL xP im still on 10.6.0 so ill update it today and let yoy guys know tomorrow.

I used the nawcom boot disc and used busratio=20 to make it boot

Good day people!

Macawe

Macawe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hurraaaay!!! Finally I got it woking..I sold my dm1 3014-AU and bought a new macbook pro....

:) :D Kidding... ;)

But hey wait!!..Believe me...I actually got it working....I followed these steps..

First I followed this sysprob thread http://www.sysprobs....ed-vmware-image and then used the EmperorEfi for AMD available from this thread http://www.sysprobs....-apple-intel-pc

I am listing the steps I did in the sequential order below.

*First I downloaded vmplayer3.0 for my OS (mine was Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit).
*Then I downloaded the vmware image of snow leopard 10.6.2 (its 10.6.2 and not 10.6.4 as said in the thread) using torrent file provided in the first thread.
* Extract the file and you will get a SnowLeopard.vmx file. Double click on it. The VMPlayer window wil be opened.
* Initially there was an error saying "No Operating System found". I stayed there. To jump over it, I downloaded the Emperor Efi loader for AMD which was provided n the second thread.
* Now standing on the "No operating system found" screen, I added CD Device from the bottom menu provided in the VMPlayer window and selected the EmperorEFI.iso file. Hit Enter.
* Then the EMperorEFI screen appeared. Two options was shown there. Select "Mac" and that was it!!. Waited till the Snow lepard booted up completely. For me, initially the language was russian. I changed it from the language and region settings from System Preferences.
* I then updated it to 10.6.4 from the update downloaded from this page http://support.apple...oads/#macosx106.

All kudos goes to the sysprobs http://www.sysprobs.com/ team. I never thought it will be possible to run snow leopard in my bobcat AMD E-350. But great!, except for small lag, I'm extremely satisifed with what I got.

Tail piece: When I tried to upgraded it to 10.6.8, it crashed. and I had to repeat the whole process. For now I am able to update only upto 10.6.4. Anyway thats more than what I want.

HP dm1 rocks guys!! It is now an affordable little macbook.. :P :D :D

Also to add, everything including wifi, sound and touchpad worked out of the box!!

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Do you have hardware acceleration? Are you able the watch videos?

Iperzampem0

Iperzampem0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
@ Macawe
So are you saying that you are able to boot Snow Leopard from within Ubuntu 11.04 via VMWare?
Ok it's a good point, but the real deal is to make a fully functional OSX system into real HDD partition, NOT virtualized.
Yes, EmpireEFI boot cd is a good start coz it has compatibility with AMD...
But now I think it's better to go to OSX Lion GM! It's much more hackintosh friendly plus it installs in about 12 minutes!!! Snow Leopard is old :P

zombolo

zombolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Macawe are you still around?

verk

verk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Here's the real deal:
http://www.youtube.c...HY...e=f­eedlik

Futan

Futan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Which kext did u use to get the graphics fully functional? Didn't look like there was one in the file you posted on youtube.

verk

verk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Video isn't mine, and haven't tried this method yet.
I think video acceleration isn't working at the moment, and afaik, even wifi and audio. just wanted to share that some people have had success with this netbook. Hopefully we'll see a fully working hack soon.

t0adman

t0adman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Has anyone found progress on this? I've traded some messages through YouTube with emud{censored} on his 10.6.0 and 10.6.8 upgrades. He said everything is working except video acceleration. It goes without saying that I'd like to load Lion if possible.

Anyone found an active forum making or tracking progress on getting the video acceleration working and/or Lion support?

Abhishekc

Abhishekc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Has anyone found progress on this? I've traded some messages through YouTube with emud{censored} on his 10.6.0 and 10.6.8 upgrades. He said everything is working except video acceleration. It goes without saying that I'd like to load Lion if possible.

Anyone found an active forum making or tracking progress on getting the video acceleration working and/or Lion support?

I would like to know too... I have successfully upgraded to 10.6.8 but have had issues with the Audio. I have the HP DM 3140au it shows the audio controls but there is no sound... also have had trouble with video acceleration...

t0adman

t0adman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
What processor is in that machine?

I've gotten the bootloader to successfully launch the install of 10.6 golden but I need to move all my data off the HDD so I can repartition using OS X since I can't seem to find a way to format a partition in Win7 that will allow the Mac installer to use it. It's wipe clean and repartition only.

I would like to know too... I have successfully upgraded to 10.6.8 but have had issues with the Audio. I have the HP DM 3140au it shows the audio controls but there is no sound... also have had trouble with video acceleration...

Abhishekc

Abhishekc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What processor is in that machine?

I've gotten the bootloader to successfully launch the install of 10.6 golden but I need to move all my data off the HDD so I can repartition using OS X since I can't seem to find a way to format a partition in Win7 that will allow the Mac installer to use it. It's wipe clean and repartition only.

Just use the Disk Utility when you come to the choose install location to erase the disk as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) it'll work

One more tip... once you have completed the install and the system is about to Restart... if your processor is AMD Zacate remove the USB disks and hit f8 on the bootloader screen and boot with the following command: cpus=1 busratio=20 arch=i386

This will boot it as normal without any issues.

Anyone else has had any luck with the Audio... I've managed to get the resolution up as Emud{censored}/ Aussieman has suggested in the youtube video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy