Sluggish operation, no sleep, no restart, no shutdown...

skysea76

53 posts in this topic

Before using someone elses DSDT you should check (at least!) all instances of 'SystemMemory' to make sure that the addresses match your present DSDT.

DSDT contents change depending on BIOS version used, how much RAM is installed and probably even with some BIOS settings. Even if it comes from the same make, model and revision motherboard as yours, it is not a good idea to use someone elses DSDT. Always try to modify and add the fixes to your own DSDT instead.

I can't find many boards like mine out there, the closes there is is ASUS, I guess. When I find one, I plan on checking:

-That there is no CPU code in it

-That the addresses (you know, the thing where CPU0 is either 0x000816 or 0x000416, what changes between most MB is the 8 vs 4)

-All instances of "SystemMemory"

I know I should never permanently use someone else's DSDT.

Guys, sorry for not answering, I sincerely just forgot :(

Anyways, I tried with a modified ASUS DSDT, and was able to boot fine, and things ran (no KP or anything) but no sleep :( . This makes me think: could it be something in some other table that OS X doesn't read correctly? It would seem it's related to going to sleep (if I had to guess, I'd say it's not saving some bit that tells the BIOS that the PC is sleeping, hence the BIOS just loading up upon a button press).