Internal Screen not showing up:

DjravingMonkey

4 posts in this topic

My Mac OS X 10.6.6 is up and running, but only with an externel screen connected to my notebook. If I don't attach an display, I only get a black screen on my internal display. With the display attached, the internal display stays also black.

Thats what the system information shows:

Unknown:

Chipsatz-Modell: Unknown

Typ: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Steckplatz: Slot-1

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 1024 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Geräte-ID: 0x0cbc

Versions-ID: 0x00a2

ROM-Version: 70.15.43.00.02

Monitore:

Monitoranschluss:

L90D+ DVI:

Auflösung: 1280 x 1024

Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Rotation: Unterstützt

My System is a HP Elitebook 8540w with DreamColor display and quadro 1800M graphicscard.

• 6 months later...
dsdt edit the _DOD switch first to LCD 0x00000110 or 118

Could you share why you had provided this specific instruction?

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-AR840E, running 10.6.8, but get black screen whenever I attempt to enable GraphicsEnabler at boot or in apple.com.Boot.plist. The laptop has what others have called, LVDS. So, absent using GraphicsEnabler (or some other solution that noone has come up with), I can set the resolution within the plist file, but do not get QE/CE, and video files and online web is very choppy or non-visible.

Looking forward to your response,

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida

Could you share why you had provided this specific instruction?

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-AR840E, running 10.6.8, but get black screen whenever I attempt to enable GraphicsEnabler at boot or in apple.com.Boot.plist. The laptop has what others have called, LVDS. So, absent using GraphicsEnabler (or some other solution that noone has come up with), I can set the resolution within the plist file, but do not get QE/CE, and video files and online web is very choppy or non-visible.

Looking forward to your response,

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida

Same problem here... since at least 3 years..! :P

I have a VAIO FZ21M with Nvidia 8400M GT.. When I use Graphics Enabler i can see (with -v option) that the graphics card is fully recognized but after system loads up, the internal screen goes black... Very bad..

I've tried almost everything, DSDT edit apart cos I'm not able to do that.

If someone has a solution PLEASE post it everywhere :)