SleepEnabler for 10.6.7 x64 [UPDATED]

42 posts in this topic

As I see SleepEnabler conflicts with AppleCPUPowerManagement. Either - or.

Yep same here. I either get a KP or just won't load. DSDT doesn't seem to work too well for me either and it appears we have the same Motherboard aside from bios revision.

• 1 month later...
Hi, today 3rr0rists has published an updated kext for sleepenabler, for those who has problems with 10.6.7 update.

[url="http://3rr0rists.net/driver/sleepenabler-for-10-6-7-3264-bit.html"]http://3rr0rists.net/driver/sleepenabler-f...7-3264-bit.html[/url]

I hope it help, I didn't tray it because since 10.6.7 update I have native sleep support with my EP45-DS3L.

Regards!!!

Peter

PS: I hope this could help someone!!

This post was updated with 10.6.7 release information!!!

Regards

I´ve one question to the kext.

Is it needed to get into sleep mode or is it for wake up?

Because the reason why i ask is that my system went into sleep mode with or without

this kext but it didn´t wake up anymore.

I´ve one question to the kext.

Is it needed to get into sleep mode or is it for wake up?

Because the reason why i ask is that my system went into sleep mode with or without

this kext but it didn´t wake up anymore.

Hi!! This kext it's for put the system in Sleep Mode (it does not shut down, it come into a "Sleep" mode), when you power on back the system only initialize devises to put it back into work, I mean, there are no full power on sequence, right?

May be you have to review Bios options (I use S3 sleep mode) probably you have to change default values, check it!!

I hope to help!!!

Regards!!

Peter

i got kernel panic with kernel 10.7.3

i have asus p8p67 deluxe with 2600k.

any idea?

This kext is only designed for 10.6.7, as you could see wrote in topic title.

For disable this KP you may have to put "pmVersion=0" (without quotes) in Chameleon (or any other bootloader) command line.

I hope to help,

Regards,

Peter

i got kernel panic with kernel 10.7.3

i have asus p8p67 deluxe with 2600k.

any idea?

This kext is only designed for 10.6.7, as you could see wrote in topic title.

For disable this KP you may have to put "pmVersion=0" (without quotes) in Chameleon (or any other bootloader) command line.

I hope to help,

Regards,

Peter

Hi, today 3rr0rists has published an updated kext for sleepenabler, for those who has problems with 10.6.7 update.

Worked beautifully for me - attempted first on test HDD, then production HDD:

• Install Update (not Combo Update) after downloading from Apple Support
  • Do not restart
  • Install SleepEnabler for 10.6.7 using KextUtility 2.3.2 (wasn't aware of new Kext app!)
  • Quit KextUtility
  • Restart
  • Repair Permissions using Disk Utility

No other issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I tried this but when it goes to sleep, it reboots the PC. I use 32bit mode & I have below kexts in E/E.

Without this SleepEnabler, it goes to sleep but it can not wake up. Disabler.kext stop loading AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to load.

I can not load that to get the native power management with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement as my mother board does not support HPET in BIOS/MB.

Any help/ideas?