What have you learned?

Swad

87 posts in this topic

I noticed that when using fast user switching, you no longer have that cube rotating effect. I only get a fade-to-black effect.

Could this be one of those "hidden features"? I doube they'll change such a cool feature to something so lame for no reason.

Also, I found a serious bug: When returning to the first account, I had the other account's applications in my dock!

• 2 months later...
Noticed in the Desktop Background setting u can select a photoalbum from iPhoto and set it to change the background every x mins and also randomize the order. duno if this was there before but i just noticed it and its pretty sweet built in.

a very useful thing is the fact that spotlight now finds apps... dont need to go lookin to the applications folder any more. cmd-space and start typin the name and it comes up.

also aMsn works fine for me.

biggest anoyance is no 2 finger tap for right click on th macbook. have to ctrl-click all the time.....

The two-finger right click its just deactivated :angel:, just hit mousesettings in System settings and then activate it...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe already posted, but if you highlight any file on your desktop (by clicking it) or anywhere else on the computer - then press the space bar, a semi-transparent window opens up of the file, and allows you to make it fullscreen. In the case of highlighting multiple files like jpegs there are even more options.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ive learned that the dock shadow is INSANELY... ugly on white background... look the gameranger (blue) icon, its cut ! ^^

(now i understand why apple choosed a black and dark background by default...)

screenombredockku2.png

Ive also noticed that icons are really much more big now...

Probably 500*500 or 512*512... this screen is a little bit fit i think...

iconstv0.png

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just noticed this one, try it: Open Finder and navigate to a folder with several documents or pictures in it. Look at the Quicklook button at the top of the finder window; now press and hold alt (notice it just changed?). Hit it you have a full screen slideshow of the selected files. You can switch between the files by clicking the arrows, or switch to an index sheet to view/compare all the files.

• 2 months later...

Speech recognition works just great. I know it is an old feature, but now it works better than before.

You can create your own commands with a little apple scripting, which is more than cool and very simple.

Key Codes are found on that link (click on "Key Codes" ;):P ).

and the coding is as simple as

tell application "Safari" to keystroke "t" using {command down}

This makes a new tab in safari...save it with the name you want to access it and than tell the computer that exact name, and it will execute it. see how simple?

and to change it for Firefox, just replace the name of the application :D

I am in the middle of coding every command i can think of...Made so far voice command for Shut down, accept, cancel, volume up, volume down, max volume, mute, next, back....and so on...simple stuff so far...(I am new at apple scripting, so it will take a while to get to the hard stuff :D )