Volunteer List

errandwolfe

Is this a good idea?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a "volunteer" thread?

• Yes
    • No
    • Aren't you jumping the gun?

8 posts in this topic

Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a thread for people to volunteer their systems for testing whatever methods are required for getting 10.5 on to Hackintosh boxes. I realize we are probably not even close to this yet, but I am sure the developers among us would appreciate people who have good technical skills and a box they can spare. I would suggest that each person be required to give a detailed list of what hardware they are running so developers can pick and choose who would best suit them.

What do you all think?

Sounds like a good idea, thought it might be better to make it a more general database of peoples hardware, not necessarily just for leopard. 4.5 isn't even out yet and I sure there is plenty to do on 4.4.

Also, rather than being a forum topic, maybe a spreadsheet or something as easily referenced would be better.

Glad to see people stepping up to volunteer, but as I said in my initial post, you should be very detailed about the hardware that is in your Hackintosh. That way the developers can pick whomever is best for testing their little piece of the puzzle.

For example:

Motherboard - Intel 945 GNT

CPU - Intel P4 3 GHz w/ HT (believe this is the P4D edition, not Extreme)

Graphics - GMA 950 w/ Orion2 ADD for dual display

RAM - 2 Gb PC533

Hard Drives - (2) Sata150 drives

Generic DVD-RW

iSight webcam

CompUSA Firewire 400 PCI card

Guest bikedude880

I am very willing to volunteer for this project. I have a whole second hard drive all lined up for testing various things on my system before it hits my active partition.

As for my system...

Motherboard - Asus P5LD2-VM

CPU - Intel Pentium D 805 (Dual Core 2.66 Ghz)

Graphics - GMA 945G

RAM - 1GB DDR2-667

Hard Drives - (2) Sata150 drives @ 200GB each

Optical Drive - NEC ND-3550A (DL supported and working)

I'll do it, but i'll need one of you voluteers to send me a copy of the disc. i have <cough>dialup<cough> PM if you can. My hackintosh specs are in my sig. 100% compatible.