• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

chakky

chakky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You really get all the output working even VGA ? and the translucide bar ?
Did you try 10.6.7 ?

My hackintosh's running 10.6.7 and I do get all display ports working but no QE/CI.

The previous post was my stupidity that I thought if I can run my rig in dual monitor mode and can run chess, screensaver that means QE and CI are enabled. And since QE/CI not working, there is no transparent bar.

I've been busy with my work lately, so I didn't put much effort to make QE/CI work. Just waiting for the retail version of Lion and hopefully I can run Final Cut Pro X on it.

IIXVII

IIXVII

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can anyone confirm this is working for HDMI users ? As I dont have a monitor or speakers I'm using my Toshiba LCD instead .
Thanks in advance

Leon

bebeto93

bebeto93

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I've done all the steps at the foot dela letter but when upgrading to 10.6.6, reboot bootloader loads the car parks at the end I only like black screen with only static interference and I can only go into safe mode ... please help thanks

davebuk

davebuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Can anyone help a newbie with little Mac experience please ?

ASUS P5G41T-M LX3 Intel G41 LGA 775 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600

XFX RADEON HD 5450 1Gb Graphics Card

8Mb RAM

Snow Leopart 10.6.8

I have got a XFX RADEON HD 5450 1Gb Graphics card and after trying all combinations of advice on here still had problems.
Did a fresh install of SN and did update to 10.6.8, after rebooting wow everything worked all screen resolutions, dual screen working and Logic Pro would install (whereas before graphics adapter found would not).. Upon rebooting after update got kernel panic in #####. I am new to Mac and still learning, can anyone advise me. Do I need to do something in ##### any help would be much appreciated or can you tell me if I need to do something in ##### to see what error occured ?

Thanks in advance

Dave

stefa.rossi

stefa.rossi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Does this work with a "legacy" kernel?
Thank you.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
could all of you running the 5450 in LION please launch DVD Player (/Applications/ DVD Player) and report if it launches all the way, or quits before even any window frame is visible? Please also post as exact as possible which model you're running incl. MB - thanks.

Gulzt

Gulzt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just installed the Radeon HD5450 on my Early 2008 Mac Pro, using Lion 10.7.3
I got the black screen on several tries. Eventually I downloaded Kext Utilty and dragged all the kext files in there. That did the trick for me!

One oddity though, my Mac thinks there is 512MB VRam (according to the 'about-my-mac' spec page). The card is supposed to be 1GB.
I tried Running Starcraft II, to see if the framerate improved, but it got worse compared to my Radion 2600 XT. What could have caused this? Or better, how can I improve this?

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hi

see this

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

if nothing of that workes , try aldo ATI_ini kext from netkas

good hack

Gulzt

Gulzt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hi

see this

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

if nothing of that workes , try aldo ATI_ini kext from netkas

good hack

Thank you very much!! I'll give it a try right away and let you know if I succeeded

Gulzt

Gulzt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, this sure is extremely complex for a newcomer like me, i hardly know what I'm doing. I followed all the steps now, I think.. but something is wrong:
If I go to Apple -> About This Mac -> More Info -> System Report -> Software -> Extensions.
it shows it loaded the following:
ATI2600Controller
ATIRadeonX2000
ATIRadeonX3000
ATISupport

While my ATI Radeon HD 5450 is working with it, it is detects a lesser graphics card, with 512MB rather than 1GB.
Chipset Model: NVIDIA Graphics Card
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0de4
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: netkas.org
Displays:
Cinema:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: 2A8190XTXMM
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

The main post said:

8.Install Update 10.6.6 will add ATIRadeonX3000.kext,ATI5000Controller.kext

That ATI5000Controller is somehow not loaded.

(trying to get this to work in Lion 10.7.3)
I spend 6 hours in a row now, I'm clueless on how to get it working. So far performance is a lot worse than my old 256MB card :S
Some help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Gulzt

Gulzt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yesterday my computer wasn't booting at all. I think I figured an issue, I don't have an ATI Radeon HD 5450, but a Sapphire HD 5450. I read that that doesn't matter, but is that really true? The vendor code & device ID differs. Might I be a using the wrong Rom as a result?

If so, How could I find a working ROM for it?

Gulzt

Gulzt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I returned the Graphic card, unfortunate. Where would I look for a good recommendation for a MacPro 3,1? I'm just looking for an upgrade for my ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB. If possible below €180,-

I didn't have much luck on google so far. There are alternatives, but always so expensive.. :S

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
for Lion, look here.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
5450 HDMI Audio: works fine on the same rig in Win7 64 via the latest ATI Catalyst driver. My Saphire's HD 5450 HDMI audio values are VID 1002 | DID AA01 | SubSys 00AA0100. Do you know of a patched AppleHDA or VoodooHDA for these IDs?

EDIT: whooo, here's the guide ..

gavinstubbs09

gavinstubbs09

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have 10.6.6 installed and I followed all the steps step by step. I have a few problems. When I jumped to 10.6.6 from 10.6.4, the Graphics update wouldn't install at all. Then, after editing my Apple plist file with the graphics 1280x1024x32 it will boot properly, but after the Apple logo on boot it just turns off the display. But the OS is working underneath, I can press F12 and the disk drive opens, so WTH? Any ideas?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
Gavin, you're wasting unnecessary time putzing around w. these old OS versions (+ won't encounter motivation in the forum to help u w. these .. esp. not having supplied the slightest info about ur setup).. just install a fresh 10.7.x, or (at the least) 10.6.8, and you might not even have such problem .. (encouraging u 2 b professional here, dig .. ;) ?)

HDMI Audio: if s.b. has time to get it going for the HD 5450 (I don't at this point), here's toleda's manual incl. useful files.

tbiwkuh

tbiwkuh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I Got my HD5450 (Gigabyte GV-R545D3-1GI) to work fairly easy

1) Got my card bios dump from windows and renamed to 1002_68f9.rom

2) Installed Retail 10.6.0 with OSX ModCD

3) Installed Combo Update 10.6.8 (didn't reboot)

4) Installed audio, network, legacy kernel, sleepenabler, put my
1002_68f9.rom to /Extra

5) Edited plist's of ATI5000Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX3000.kext (added 0x68f91002)

6) Installed latest chameleon bootloader via ChameleonWizard

7) Edited org.chameleon.boot.plist added

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseAtiROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Hoolock</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32@75</string>

8) Rebooted with -x -v

kickdust

kickdust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi i had this working before, The machine since has stopped working so ive had to reboot but now when ever i install these kexts my grahpics res options are not there and i cant get QE working. any ideas ?

FransNetwork

FransNetwork

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Has anyone tryed this on 10.7.2?

redtox

redtox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

hi all,

i'm really stupid newbies, but i read all topic and my 5450 don't work on snow Leopard

can please help me step by step

Tk's by advance 

REDTOX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy