Geforce 500 Series

s710

41 posts in this topic

When having both cards installed ATI 5770 and GTX 570 I had 43fps in cinebench's (Vers. 11.5) OpenGL benchmark.

When I removed the ATI card I only got 10fps! Which is a bummer.

I don't know why. I looked at AppleGPUPowerManagemnt.kext and found for the MacPro5,1:

GeForce GT9500

Vendor10deDevice0640

GeForce GT200 (GTX 260)

Vendor10deDevice05e2

...which means my card wouldn't be affected by this. Maybe adding my vendor id would do the trick?

Aargh, I am not sure. I think I better wait for another version of Lion AND Chameleon to catch up.

Some of my apps (like VirusBarrier) don't run well on Lion and 1st booting into SL to delete caches from Lion's system and secondly, rebooting to Lion and hoping not to hang on

nstat lookup entry failed: 2

nspace-handler-set-snapshot-time: 1303230505

isn't very pleasant.

Edit:

Newest Chameleon Lion Boot loader works with GTX 570 and no need to delete caches every reboot any longer. Nstat etc. still shows up but no hangs on that one. Yeah! :rolleyes:

I set GraphicsEnabler=No

if someone is curious about.

Bad news are I couldn't reproduce 43fps in cinebench. This time I only got 26fps or less depending switching to 2nd DVI port. Maybe it's because system clock/all animations of GUI are running too fast? CPU benchmark results also 35% lower than I'd expect.

post-274012-1303494492_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

With the latest Lion Update OpenGL mode doesn't seem to work anymore. In 3D apps there is just garbage in the viewport.

Can't run cinebench's OpenGL benchmark neither. :(

Newest Chameleon loader from Anval fixed my "twice as fast" system clock and animations btw.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

evga gtx 560 ti 1024 mb works in lion gm, I dumped it's bios, created an nvcap, created a display-cfg string, put it into dsdt, and added 0x120010de to gf100hal

qe/ci working

lion seems to work much smoother than snow leopard as far as switching to different sized resolutions, like for example when starting a game, in snow leopard even on the 8400 i would get blue screen/black screens with the dvi, but even the 8400 likes lion, and am I pleased to see the 560 with full support in here.

display-cfg info

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1105

0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 for display a

0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01 for b

nvcap

http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4239

/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00,

/* 0008 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,

/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

back of my 560 ti connectors:

<-to motherboard DVI DVI Mini hdmi

evga gtx 560 ti 1024 mb works in lion gm, I dumped it's bios, created an nvcap, created a display-cfg string, put it into dsdt, and added 0x120010de to gf100hal

So I am trying to recreate the work you have done. This is where I get lost. I went to those websites and was confused out of my mind. I am hoping you can help with a bit of clarification.

I used nvcap maker 1.4 to get my string, after that I have no idea what to do. My string came out as 0400000000000300000000000000000700000000

The website for display-cfg string either wasn't clear or I misread it, but I still do not know how to create one.

Do both the nvcap and display-cfg string go into the dsdt, and if so how and where. I have DSDT Editor and my dsdt has 7853 lines.

I was able to add 0x120010de to the gf100hal kext easy enough, however I have no idea if that number varies from system to system or if I am able to use it.

I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now. I am tired, and I am going to bed. Thank you for your help with such a new learner to this wild world.

PsychoStar

qe/ci working

awesome! I'll see tomorrow if I can get my gtx 560 (nonTi) working

My GTX 580 works ! Full resolution, OpenCL when apply patch by netkas (tested in luxmark) ,QE works too,OpenGl viewer not works:( black screen. FinalCut X freeze system but cursor works and app crash .see in console problems with exceptions in open gl .I just add my device id 0x1080de to IOPCIPrimaryMatch in NVDAGF100Hal.kext and graphic enabler on in chameleon 2.0 RC5

Hey guys, wanted to let you know that GTX560 works but GTX560ti doesn't, at least for me.

I'n going to try changing device id of the Ti to be normal and see if it works that way.

CUDA and OpenGl work fairly well, but I had to add 1201 id to AGPM to get proper behavior.

Just removing AGPM made it unreliable

OpenCl crashes out.

UPDATE : !!!!!!! Turns out the GTX560Ti also works just fine in Lion once you edit an AGPM for it.

(Who knows how to add MORE entries in AGPM beyond usual 2? Would be great to build one that included a BUNCH of cards)

The problem was a GT120 that worked fine in SL but went black/hang in Lion. I will predict right now that many people with Hacks or flashed oddball Nvidia cards may find issues with monitor definitions in Lion that they did not have in SL. Will require NVCAP fiddling (or equiv)

Anyway, the Ti scores almost IDENTICALLY to the regular 560. Next to get DisplayPort on 560 to work

UPDATE : !!!!!!! Turns out the GTX560Ti also works just fine in Lion once you edit an AGPM for it.

So GTX 560Ti works fully, can you play games that use OpenGL etc.? Is there any guide on how to getting it to work?

Thanks

So I am trying to recreate the work you have done. This is where I get lost. I went to those websites and was confused out of my mind. I am hoping you can help with a bit of clarification.

I used nvcap maker 1.4 to get my string, after that I have no idea what to do. My string came out as 0400000000000300000000000000000700000000

The website for display-cfg string either wasn't clear or I misread it, but I still do not know how to create one.

Do both the nvcap and display-cfg string go into the dsdt, and if so how and where. I have DSDT Editor and my dsdt has 7853 lines.

I was able to add 0x120010de to the gf100hal kext easy enough, however I have no idea if that number varies from system to system or if I am able to use it.

I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now. I am tired, and I am going to bed. Thank you for your help with such a new learner to this wild world.

PsychoStar

I wrote a mini how to do dsdt edit post here, you will need to change a few things, but read it and you may have a clearer understanding about the method used to activate graphics. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1703892

One tip that I can give you, is if you make a bad dsdt.aml file that won't let you boot, make sure to keep a backup of a working copy in the extra directory, name it dsdt1.aml or something, then if you are in a reboot loop, type the dsdt=/extra/dsdt1.aml command at boot.

What you will essentially will be doing is opening your currently running dsdt.aml file, adding a sub routine, then snipping out the old GFX card routine, and replacing with the one that will store the graphics card specific information.

so far I have this asus netbook dual booting snow leo and win7 and an intel i7 dual booting lion and win7.

if you need further help i can post my dsdt.aml file :) -camoguy DSDT.aml.zip

Update:

I tried using a regular dsdt file with no mods, and chameleon's graphicsenabler=yes, and it worked perfectly.

All I had to do was to add the devid to hal100 next. Then I opened applegraphicspowermanagement.kext and created an entry inside macpro4,1 for my vendor10dedevice1200

post-642937-1311094689_thumb.png

Hey guys, to be clear I am using GTX570 in an actual Mac Pro.

Since there is no EFI for this card, it is running using ATY_Init, just as if it were running in a Hack.

With a Mac Pro, to use ATY_init you also need another Nvidia card in slot 3. I have never understood why this is, but I am certain that this is correct.

So, I don't know EXACTLY how to get a Hack to run a GTX5xx card, but I am about 95% certain that if I can, you can.

I would guess that following how others have gotten GTX480 and GTX470, etc going would be the answer.

Please can you help me,

I have the same situation an actual mac pro plus 570gfx... please please please tell me how to get this working, I have not even tried it in the slot yet as I do not want to risk taking a step that I should not.

I have installed Lion OS and have and edited NVDAGF100Hal.kext plus GeForceGLDriver.bundle set for this card which I was going to install with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

My card is sitting next to me but I cant open it unless I know that I can get it running once again please please please help me out.

• 1 year later...