What about CMI8738? - PROBLEM SOLVED :D

Darkzide

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I had no luck installing this kext on my SL (CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext) when i tried to install it with terminal using the install.sh this showed up...

Installing CMI8738 kernel extension...
cp: CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directory
find: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directory
find: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directory
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directory
/System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
Installation finished - enjoy! dogbert 

and nothing happens, i installed the kext with kext helper and nothing, the same thing and if i try to install via terminal with the kext installed previously at extensions, it automatically delates the kext, i saw in another topic that a guy got a sucessfull install using "arch=i386" i tried that and nothing, i really need to install this, the sound of my motherboard its pretty weak -.-

Note: didnt work on 10.6.3, 10.6.4, 10.6.5

EDIT: Final Solution found!!!

Hello ^_^ i finally got the soultion to this driver on Snow Leopard, i rebuilt the driver and it works like a charm, i will attach the files, ENJOY!

CMI8738SL.zip

Dogbert wrote this driver back in the 10.4.1 days.

At one point I recompiled it for later versions of Tiger, but stopped maintaining it as I got my onboard sound to work.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...ost&p=47337

To use it in Leopard or Snow Leopard, I am sure it would at least need recompiling. Possibly some code tweaking as well.

The source code used to be available on SourceForge. I don't think its been maintained for years.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone

I had no luck installing this kext on my SL (CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext) when i tried to install it with terminal using the install.sh this showed up...

Installing CMI8738 kernel extension...
cp: CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directory
chown: /System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext: No such file or directory
/System/Library/Extensions/CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
Installation finished - enjoy! dogbert 

and nothing happens, i installed the kext with kext helper and nothing, the same thing and if i try to install via terminal with the kext installed previously at extensions, it automatically delates the kext, i saw in another topic that a guy got a sucessfull install using "arch=i386" i tried that and nothing, i really need to install this, the sound of my motherboard its pretty weak -.-

Note: didnt work on 10.6.3, 10.6.4, 10.6.5

EDIT: Final Solution found!!!

Hello ;) i finally got the soultion to this driver on Snow Leopard, i rebuilt the driver and it works like a charm, i will attach the files, ENJOY!

You should probably have included in your 'SOLVED' post that it does not work on 64-bit SL as there is only a 32-bit MACH-O object in the kext.

GD