Where else can I get some help?

Ricardo K.

4 posts in this topic

I'm not able to post in more specific areas of this forum, only the New Users Lounge, but it looks like my situation is kind of unique because I'm not really getting any responses.

I have an Acer Aspire notebook.

Intel Core Duo

Intel 950 GMA graphics

I've actually been able to go through the "first phase" install of Snow Leopard, but that's it. any attempt at booting the installed image on the hdd gets me stuck on a grey screen with a movable cursor pointer.

I've spent days searching around and trying many different things, but no success. I've posted here and on tonymacx86. Nothing on either forum.

I've run out of ideas. ^_^

Is there somewhere else I can get help? Or maybe the chance to post in a more specific area in InsanelyMac?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not able to post in more specific areas of this forum, only the New Users Lounge, but it looks like my situation is kind of unique because I'm not really getting any responses.

You need one more post and then you can post everywhere. Your situation is far from unique, on the contrary, it is very common. With thousands of questions being asked, and a tiny group of people helping, most posts go unanswered.

You need one more post and then you can post everywhere. Your situation is far from unique, on the contrary, it is very common. With thousands of questions being asked, and a tiny group of people helping, most posts go unanswered.

thanks. can I try posting elsewhere now? Could you suggest an appropriate subforum?